Unless Bud is an idiot (which he may be, I think more of an a-hole than an idiot though) he will not fire Jeff Fisher. Fisher is probably one of the top 10 coaches in the NFL and his team is young right now. If the Texans were to luck into Fisher, they would be very fortunate. That being said, Fisher also has Floyd Reese as his GM, a much more capable GM right now than Casserly has shown to be. Just look at the Titans draft choices over the years and you'll see that Reese has a good head for the game.

Personally I think Adams encompasses both.

As far as Jeff Fisher is concerned I agree that Bud won't let him go, he's not quite that stupid. I've watched Fisher since he was with Buddy Ryan and he is a fantastic coach, especially defensively. Further, he creates an atmosphere where his players want to play for him and that's a huge deal in the long run.

I think Johnson is a damn good coach but I think Fisher fits the city of Houston better.

Edited by Gary

• 2 weeks later...

The Texans defense really need to be shot. I mean all of them need to stand against the wall and just shoot'em. All of it is not the offensive fault.

This was a.... I'm just speechless right now about this team. I have no words to say anymore about this horriable team. I mean they had Rams 24-7 lead doing halftime, came all the way back and went overtime and won the game, 33-27.

If I was Bob Mcnair, I would fire Dom Capers now instead of waiting for the season to end. That's why I called them "Dumb and Stupid," cause they play dumb and stupid on the field.

If I was Capers, I'll hide my face from the media.

Edited by houstonsemipro

If the Texans don't draft this guy with their all-but-guaranteed Number One pick, the NFL should revoke Bob McNair's franchise.

http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/sports...bush-video.html :o

Sorry, Vince. Hometown hero or not, the Texans need this guy more.

Redscare, the Texans is not going to draft Reggie Bush in the first round, nor a quarterback. The Texans needs LINEMENS on both sides of the ball.

Why get Reggie Bush and you have Dominick Davis that rushes over 1,000 yards every season, and a rookie runningback that runs the same as Davis?

Why get a another quarterback and pay him more then Carr? I don't think so. David Carr is not a bad quarterback. All he needs is a line that would block for him. Carr got a great arm, and he's a threat for his running ability. Carr is the 3rd rushing quarterback in the league behind Micheal Vick, and Aaron Brooks.

I beleive their first pick will be an offensive linemen, and probably another big wide receiver will be a great addition to the Texans offensive.

The main area they need to fix is their defense secondary. Oh, my God! They're horriable. They need to draft FS's, SS's, a DB, DL's, and at lease two more LB's. Really, their defense need the works, cause without a defense, there's no win.

Offense wins games. Defense wins Championships. Ex. Patriots

Edited by houstonsemipro

^^^ Oh, no. The Texans be a fool to get rid of Carr. Besides, Carr is up for a $8 million dollar bonus to extend his contract after the end of the season. Bob Mcnair said he would have gotten Carr a raise during the season, but he hold off cause if Carr got seriously injuried.

Plus, Davis already got a raise in the beginning of the season. So he's not going nowhere.

I must've missed that rule that you can't have two competent running backs on the same team.

Hate to break the news to you, semipro, but you don't draft linemen with the first pick of the draft. They will be available in the second round. You pick the best ATHLETE available, and this year it is Reggie Bush.

I must've missed that rule that you can't have two competent running backs on the same team.

Hate to break the news to you, semipro, but you don't draft linemen with the first pick of the draft. They will be available in the second round. You pick the best ATHLETE available, and this year it is Reggie Bush.

Read this article on NFL.COM...

http://nfl.com/features/squibkicks/

"What is with all the hype around Reggie Bush going to the Texans? Sure, he's a great running back, but they already have Domanick Davis. What the Texans really need is a solid tackle like D'Brickashaw Ferguson or Eric Winston to help solidify an offensive line that can't do squat. It doesn't matter how good Bush is, because if he can't get the blocks he needs, he isn't going to go anywhere. "

Edited by houstonsemipro

Here is the Top 32 for 2006 NFL Draft. In order...

1. Matt Leinart, QB, Southern California

2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, T, Virginia

3. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis

4. Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College

5. Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas

6. Jonathan Scott, T, Texas

7. Vince Young, QB, Texas (Jr.)

8. Eric Winston, T, Miami

9. Reggie Bush, RB, Southern California (Jr.)

10. Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa

11. Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech

12. Marcus McNeil, T, Auburn

13. Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State (Jr.)

14. Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina State (Jr.)

15. Charlie Whitehurst, QB, Clemson

16. Gabe Watson, DT, Michigan

17. Mercedes Lewis, TE, UCLA

18. Darnell Bing, S, Southern California

19. Omar Jacobs, QB, Bowling Green (Jr.)

20. Leon Washington, RB, Florida State

21. A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State

22. Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State (Jr.)

23. Ahmad Brooks, LB, Virginia (Jr.)

24. Jason Avant, WR, Michigan

25. Martin Nance, WR, Miami of Ohio

26. Mike Degory, C, Florida

27. Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State

28. Davin Joseph, G-T, Oklahoma

29. Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon (Jr.)

30. Abdul Hodge, LB, Iowa

31. Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota

32. Michael Huff, FS, Texas

The Texans said they have their eyes on, D'Brickashaw Ferguson for their first round pick.

Edited by houstonsemipro

Here is the Top 32 for 2006 NFL Draft. In order...

1. Matt Leinart, QB, Southern California

2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, T, Virginia

3. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis

4. Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College

5. Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas

6. Jonathan Scott, T, Texas

7. Vince Young, QB, Texas (Jr.)

8. Eric Winston, T, Miami

9. Reggie Bush, RB, Southern California (Jr.)

10. Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa

11. Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech

12. Marcus McNeil, T, Auburn

13. Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State (Jr.)

14. Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina State (Jr.)

15. Charlie Whitehurst, QB, Clemson

16. Gabe Watson, DT, Michigan

17. Mercedes Lewis, TE, UCLA

18. Darnell Bing, S, Southern California

19. Omar Jacobs, QB, Bowling Green (Jr.)

20. Leon Washington, RB, Florida State

21. A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State

22. Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State (Jr.)

23. Ahmad Brooks, LB, Virginia (Jr.)

24. Jason Avant, WR, Michigan

25. Martin Nance, WR, Miami of Ohio

26. Mike Degory, C, Florida

27. Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State

28. Davin Joseph, G-T, Oklahoma

29. Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon (Jr.)

30. Abdul Hodge, LB, Iowa

31. Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota

32. Michael Huff, FS, Texas

The Texans said they have their eyes on, D'Brickashaw Ferguson for their first round pick.

Last year, the first 5 players picked were either RBs or QBs. No linemen were picked in the top 10, yet you have 5 linemen going in the top 8? And you have the Heisman winner going 9th? I guess I see why they call you SEMI-pro. :lol:

Uh, no Redscare. That's what the 2006 NFL Draft looks like. Here's the link... http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8418674

I agree the Texans need an O-line and a secondary, but you cannot pass up a guy like Reggie Bush. Hopefully they can trade Dominick Davis for a lineman or two.

I don't get what you're saying. Trade Dominick Davis for a lineman? You kiddin right? Davis is one of the top 10 runningbacks in the league today, and by trading him to get Bush sounds pretty stupid to me.

Why pay alot of money for a high ranked runningback, and when he get's here it's be the same crap, no blocking? I don't care you have an high ranked quarterback and runningback, if you don't have a line those people will get shut down.

So far I'll been right about the Texans this year, and quite sure they will get a linemen in the first round draft. If they don't, they're in for another losing season. This time it's not going to go good for the Texans fans, or for the city.

Edited by houstonsemipro

Conventional wisdom states that when you have the #1 pick, you pick a franchise QB if you need one, otherwise you take the best player in the draft. For the Texans, that means Bush, end of story. In addition to that, if Bush lives up to the hype, no GM in his right mind will want to look back and say he took a Left Tackle over Bush 5 years from now no matter how good that LT turns out to be. Luckily for the Texans, this year's draft is full of capable Linemen, that will make the decision to draft Bush a little easier knowing the issues they have with the OL right now. If we draft a LT, we plug one hole, if we draft Bush we actually plug a number of holes. Bush will create more problems for a defense than any LT can; you put Bush in the backfield and at least one linebacker has to shadow him no matter what. That alone gives Carr an extra second or two on every pass play. And to those who say you should only have one good back, there will be plenty of opportunities to have both Bush and Davis lined up at the same time. Passing in a two back set with Davis blocking and Bush as an escape valve also frees up Andre Johnson a little, so Davis also becomes the defacto second receiver we've been needing without blowing a high pick on a receiver.

Oh, and no disrespect semipro, but your list is circa April 05, before Bush had his breakout year this year. You won't find a single current draft prediction list that has Bush rated lower than D'Angelo Williams.

I don't think Vince is leaving this year. I think a) like many other Longhorns under Mack Brown, he really enjoys playing at Texas and would probably enjoy yet another season (just as Roy Williams, Ricky Williams and Chris Simms did); b.) Vince could stand to improve his reads and his form just a bit when passing; he's made great improvement and I think he'll be a very good pure passer even on the pro level but he's still got a couple of glitches in his mechanics; c) He may want to see if he can help Texas repeat as nat'l champs. ;).

As for the Texans,

I'd try to trade down, draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson at OT if he's available at my new draft spot, then in later rounds address either TE/DB in the second round and then go after a pretty decent and athletic LB in the third round. If the Texans are able to pull an extra second or third round pickt his year as a result of trading down in the first round, I'd draft DB if I went TE with the early second round pick or the opposite.

So, for example, if the Texans trade down in the first and end up with an extra second round pick, I'd like to see something like this:

Round 1- D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia

Round 2(a) - David Thomas, TE, Texas

Round 2 (B) - Greg Blue, S, Georgia

Round 3 - LB of some kind.

We do have 4 decent DL's:

- Travis Johnson will be in his 2nd year

- Gary Walker

- Seth Payne

- Jason Babin was origianly a DE until they converted him to a LB

- Robaire Smith

Yes we need more depth, and yes Johnson and Babin have not been what the coaches thought they would be, but maybe that is because of the coaching or the defensive scheme. Or maybe the GM doesn't know what he is doing (which I believe is a good posibility).

^^^Decent? The Texans defense is the worst I never seen before. The only three that holds up the defense is Gary Walker, Dunta Robinson and Antwaan Peek. Their rushing defense is horriable, their secondary is just... I don't know what to say about the secondary.

I agree with, Hizzy's first round pick. I preach, and preach. Texans must have Linemens! There's no excuse to pass up a top rank lineman in the draft.

Edited by houstonsemipro

The Texans have spent 4 years drafting "needs". When all you do is draft needs, you get into too many situations where you take someone higher than he should have gone and leave a better player on the board. I'll concede that they shouldn't go wrong if they do draft Ferguson, but if they don't draft Ferguson there's a good chance he'll slip to #4, which again means he's just the best OL in the draft, not the best player overall. Giving up 2 draft picks in a trade for Buchannon (2nd and 3rd rounders), and giving Tennessee their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks just to move up because they desperately wanted Jason Babin are perfect examples of the Texans trying to plug holes instead of drafting the best players when it's their turn. That's 5 draft picks gone for two "needs" currently sitting on the bench.

Speaking of the Babin trade, Tennessee used the four draft picks on the following:

Ben Troupe - TE - backup TE, but so far has 33 catches this year for 329 yards

Randy Starks - DT - Starting LDT for the Titans with 27 tackles and 1.5 sacks

Bo Schoebel - DE - #2 on the depth chart, gets into most games

Jacob Bell - OG - #2 on the depth chart, but does get into most games

Of course there's no telling if Houston would have picked any of these guys, but you have to wonder if any of these guys could have helped plug the current holes we have going into next year.

Got a sneak peek at the 2006 Texans schedule, here is a breakdown:

Week 1) Texans @ Ray Charles school for the Blind in Atlanta

Week 2) Texans @ Girl Scout Troop No.587 in Waco

Week 3) YMCA youth league Panthers @ Texans - (mini helmet night)

Week 4) Brazos Valley Chapter of VFW hall No.86 @ Texans

Week 5) Texans @ Ringling Bros. Clown School in Kissimee, Fl.

Week 6) Paul Revere Middle School @ Texans

Week 7) Texans @ Miss Penelope Minor's School of Ballet in Sugarland

Week 8) Star of Hope Mission @ Texans - (stipulation that if SoH wins,they get to sleep there til next week's game)

Week 9) Cowboys @ Texans

Week 10) Texans @ C Block of DOC in Huntsville -(Texans will have to fend for themselves as addition guards cannot be spared for the game.)

Week 11) Texans @ Earthman Funeral Home -( this is actually a bye week)

Week 12) Kingsville Hospital for the mentally impaired @ Texans

They are apparently still trying to wrangle some teams for the rest of the season, so it should be a good year for us.

^_^

Yep, keep Bush and shop Davis

Davis is on the edge to gain 1,000 yards again for the third time in his career. I think Reggie Bush is not going to reach the 1,000 yards mark in his first year. This is NFL, not College. NFL is a totally different level.

But, now they have Dan Revees. Dan is going to mention that they don't need a runningback, nor qaurterback.