Meanwhile, back at the ranch....

As Houstonians go crazy while reveling in their newfound status as a Baseball Town, and World Series tickets go for $600...for STANDING ROOM, the owner of Houston's worst sports franchise pleads, begs for fans to show up at his team's games.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3404718

If Mr. McNair spent as much time hiring coaches and players who know how to play football as he does trying to take more money from mid-market football teams, he might find that fans would come to the games, eat his overpriced food, buy his $7 beer and buy his $200 jerseys. And then, he might not need to take the other owners' share of revenue. Instead, we'll spend Sunday afternoon at the Kroger, buying beer and munchies in preparation for Game 2 of the World Series that night.

Many thanks to the Houston Astros for replacing the Super Bowl that McNair lost with the World Series. I'll take that trade any day.

GO 'STROS!

I'm ready to sign a petition to donate our team & management to New Orleans and just wait for the next expansion.

Texans are pathetic. The name is pathetic, the logo is pathetic, the players are pathetic, the coaching is pathetic, the management is pathetic, and McNair is just a moron.

GO ASTROS!

Edited by Jeebus

I'm ready to sign a petition to donate our team & management to New Orleans and just wait for the next expansion.

Texans are pathetic. The name is pathetic, the logo is pathetic, the players are pathetic, the coaching is pathetic, the management is pathetic, and McNair is just a moron.

GO ASTROS!

Jeeb?

Don't hold back...tell us what you really think! :lol:

B)

The Texans is not getting rid of Carr. So, y'all need to get that off y'all minds for now. Texans needs Off.linemen, and Defense linemen. They don't need another quarterback, nor runningbacks. But, they could do some good by drafting more wide receivers (verterns, not rookies). The biggest thing now is offensive linemen. I predict their first pick will be linemen's, nothing less.

Last week I posted a remark about how pathetic it was that Texans owner Bob McNair was reduced to begging fans through the media to come to his football game and buy his overpriced beer and food.

Well, Texans fans, let me tell you ole Bob's latest move. The Texans have started an automated message campaign, calling ticket holders to beg them to show up to the game this weekend. Dunta Robinson's recorded voice was just telling me not to forget the game this weekend. It is a shame, really, that the message was recorded. If Bob himself would have called me, I could have told him exactly why I am not going to his games. <_<

Well, well, well. The Texans finally got a win today against the Browns. Still, they don't show me nothing as a team. The Browns made mistakes on offensive, and Houston couldn't do nothing just kick field goals.

But, I'm proud of them winning their first game of the season. Enjoy y'all win, cause the Texans got Jacksonville on plate and the Clots back on deck.

Well, well, well. The Texans finally got a win today against the Browns. Still, they don't show me nothing as a team. The Browns made mistakes on offensive, and Houston couldn't do nothing just kick field goals.

But, I'm proud of them winning their first game of the season. Enjoy y'all win, cause the Texans got Jacksonville on plate and the Clots back on deck.

That game against the "Clots" should be a real bloodbath ! I can't wait. :huh:

BTW, Red, if you don't feel like using any of your tickets, I'll be happy to go in your place old buddy, ol' pal of mine. Let me know chum !

Edited by TJones

That game against the "Clots" should be a real bloodbath ! I can't wait. :huh:

BTW, Red, if you don't feel like using any of your tickets, I'll be happy to go in your place old buddy, ol' pal of mine. Let me know chum !

The Texans have to pass the Jaguars first, and i seriously doubt they will win that game. On the other hand, the Clots? :lol: You right. It is going to be a bloodbath...again. Texans have nobodies defense, and fair offensive.

The reason Texans beat Browns, cause they were on the same level as the Texans. My prediction of the next two games... 1-8.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been rumored recently that if McNair fires Capers at the end of the season then Jimmy Johnson's name is at the top of the list. He was born in Port Arthur. He took over a struggling Cowboys team and took them to the Super Bowl with 3 young weapons. The Texans David Carr, Andre Johnson, and Dominic Davis might fit his profile...

Would he come out of retirement? Would McNair be willing to spend enough $$$?

Don't know if Johnson is tired of the coaching rat race, but the Texans would fit his profile. They suck, so he would be a hero for building them into a winner. Houston is a coastal city, like he likes. McNair has money to spend, and doesn't run the team like some other owners.

I'd love to see it happen. For everything else, Johnson is a winner....and he'd get us lots of pub.

Only thing that could slow Jimmy down is his ego. Would be willing to bet he would want to wear both hats of head coach and GM of personnel decisions. I don't necessarily have a problem with that because Casserly has been a joke to date, but at the same time, the head coach/GM experiments haven't always gone that well - Holmgren in Seattle, Gruden in Tampa Bay (yes I know they won a Super Bowl, but haven't been good since then). Saban is still to be determined.

I don't necessarily have a problem with that because Casserly has been a joke to date, but at the same time, the head coach/GM experiments haven't always gone that well - Holmgren in Seattle, Gruden in Tampa Bay (yes I know they won a Super Bowl, but haven't been good since then). Saban is still to be determined.

Hey, I'll take just one Superbowl win at this point.

As nostalgic of a choice it would be, the fact is Jimmy Johnson got off the NFL train 7 years ago. That's a long time in a sport that is constantly reinventing itself. I highly doubt he is ready for the learning curve just to get updated on what's happening and the constant 18hr days of an NFL coach.

As nostalgic of a choice it would be, the fact is Jimmy Johnson got off the NFL train 7 years ago. That's a long time in a sport that is constantly reinventing itself. I highly doubt he is ready for the learning curve just to get updated on what's happening and the constant 18hr days of an NFL coach.

is he still commentating? after he stopped coaching the dolphins, he has stayed close to the game. i'm sure it wouldn't take much for him to get right back in there.

Well, you kinda forgot why Johnson left the Cowboys. He and Jerry Jones had severe disagreements about who was in charge, and after a big blowout after a night of drinking, Johnson quit.

I assume you are asking about the Miami Dolphins, since we all know what Johnson did with the Hurricanes. At the Dolphins, Johnson was 27-21, never had a losing season, and went to the playoffs twice in 3 years, going 2-2.

I bet the Texans would take that record any day. :P

Still, I don't see it. NFL head coaches need to be 100% commited and dedicated to the task. I can't see Jimmy Johnson as either.

Now, just as far-fetched a scenario but IMHO more believable would be for Bud Adams to fire Jeff Fisher at the end of the season leaving the Texans open to hiring him.

Unless Bud is an idiot (which he may be, I think more of an a-hole than an idiot though) he will not fire Jeff Fisher. Fisher is probably one of the top 10 coaches in the NFL and his team is young right now. If the Texans were to luck into Fisher, they would be very fortunate. That being said, Fisher also has Floyd Reese as his GM, a much more capable GM right now than Casserly has shown to be. Just look at the Titans draft choices over the years and you'll see that Reese has a good head for the game.