One ironic thing about the Texans. From day one they talked about a blueprint to essentially avoid having a situation like the Browns, who ended up firing their head coach and got rid of most of their first round picks after a few years, and were still nowhere near competitive.

Well, looks about the same here. Is David Carr any better than Tim Couch at this point? Chris Palmer, fired from the Browns, will probably be fired here. Team is nowhere near competitive, personnel problems are all over the field, and not one piece of the team stands out as being where it needs to be.

So much for that blueprint.

• 2 weeks later...

Texans lost again this time to the Bengals. The Texans is going to be another Oilers. The fans will not show up for games, and it will be alot of boos in the stadium.

The Oilers was going down hill until Earl Campbell came on broad. Someone, or something have to uplift the Texans. They played better last year, then this year.

Texans are now 0-3. Next week Titans comes to Houston, then they got the Clots. Titans and Texans, that's a toss up game, but I truly think the Texans will win and get their first victory for the 2005 season.

Texans have to get an offensive line together. You can't have your QB getting sacked 7 times a game, and him stay healthy, he's gonna get hurt. In the same respect though, I think Dave holds on to the ball in the pocket wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too long. Get rid of the pigskin son, find a target already.

They just got rid of Chris Palmer.. give them time.

You're right They do have a new Off.Dir. but jeez louise, those guys are supposed to be professionals. I personally think I could hire UT's line right now to give up less than 7 sacks a game. :D

Edited by TJones

Texans have to get an offensive line together. You can't have your QB getting sacked 7 times a game, and him stay healthy, he's gonna get hurt. In the same respect though, I think Dave holds on to the ball in the pocket wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too long. Get rid of the pigskin son, find a target already.

"Get rid of the pigskin son, find a target already"?

Hell, get rid of the pigskin holder.

B)

If they lose Sunday against Titans. They can kiss the baby for this season.

The only Houston team that I'm really proud of is the Astros, and the Rockets. I'll be tuned in Wednesday's playoff game... Astros vs. Braves!

The Texans are a joke. I'm glad to see that yesterday was a moral victory in that they "looked better" and were "competitive" uh, its season number 4, those moral victories were fine in season 1 but not now. This give them time adage is not really valid at this point, especially since despite high draft picks for all their drafts, there is still a lack of talent on the team. Even firing Capers doesn't do much, because the team is still the same. The OL is still the same bad one it was yesterday. The mess isn't going to get any better "with time." It'll take some excellent drafting and free agent pick ups over the next two seasons to really have a deep and strong team.

Okay, you can stick a fork in the Texans now, they're done. They lost to the Titans which leaves the Texans an 0-4 record. Seahawks is up next, that's 0-5. After that week is the Clots, that's 0-6.

These guys are... I'm just speechless now.

All i can say is:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :wacko:

Yes. GO ASTROS! Astros going to the Championship! I'm so excited for the Astros. To bad the Texans won't see a championship game for along time.

Hmmmmmmm, so it really did take 5 games for us to beat the Braves. :lol: On with the show, 'Stros are for real people, I just hope they keep focused.

Yes, I went to the Texans game today, it was a big shame and quite a waste of money, I would have much rather of been at the Astros game with my Brother.

It's pretty bad that people get more excited seeing the Astros score at the game on the TV then the Texans. They even cheered for the Astros at the game. We left though in the third quarter along with a lot of people, I felt quite bad for the Texans.

Carr get's way too many sacs, its time we trade some players IMO.

My predictions -

1) Texans end up with the number 1 draft pick next year - See ya Carr, time for the Matt Leinart Show.

2) Casserly is fired - GM has built this team from scratch, still has about 0 talent, no bigger playmakers than when they started except Andre Johnson and maybe Dunta Robinson

3) Capers is 50/50 shot of staying, if Casserly gets a repreive, than Capers is gone

I would get rid of both of Casserly and Capers, but don't think McNair is that aggressive. Titans have more talent than the Texans and all their player are pretty much in their 1st-3rd seasons. They pretty much already rebuilt in two seasons time after going through salary cap hell.

they're only a rookie team. I think they're doing pretty good, sure they mess up in the last half and that pisses me off sometimes, but were what in 4th place or something?

Given the amount of money that is poured into the NFL, to ALL teams, there should be NO crappy teams. It only goes to show that there are too many teams given the number of good players available. Houston never should have been given a new team once they let the one the had go.

Given the amount of money that is poured into the NFL, to ALL teams, there should be NO crappy teams. It only goes to show that there are too many teams given the number of good players available. Houston never should have been given a new team once they let the one the had go.

The city didn't let the Oilers go. The owner attempted to blackmail the city and county for a new stadium and we called his bluff. He stamped his feet, held his breath and waddeled off to Nashville.

B)