I say trade Carr! David haven't did nothing is his 5 years in the NFL. DON'T keep this guy on the roster! Minnesota is willing to give Texans 4th round draft pick for Carr, that's what Minnesota newspaper states. But, I think the Texans won't go for that deal. Either way, Carr is gone from Houston. If you keep this man on your roster Mr. McNair, your ticket sales will decline. People will show up when the Texans start winning games.

y'all may not like Jake Plummer, but y'all will hear his name all over Houston in the next couple months. Matter in fact, Jake Plummer mention that he likes to play for Kubiak again. Plummer was successful under Kubiak for three years.

You think Kubiak and Rick Smith going to look over Plummer? I DON'T THINK SO!

Edited by houstonsemipro

I say trade Carr! David haven't did nothing is his 5 years in the NFL. DON'T keep this guy on the roster! Minnesota is willing to give Texans 4th round draft pick for Carr, that's what Minnesota newspaper states. But, I think the Texans won't go for that deal. Either way, Carr is gone from Houston. If you keep this man on your roster Mr. McNair, your ticket sales will decline. People will show up when the Texans start winning games.

y'all may not like Jake Plummer, but y'all will hear his name all over Houston in the next couple months. Matter in fact, Jake Plummer mention that he likes to play for Kubiak again. Plummer was successful under Kubiak for three years.

You think Kubiak and Rick Smith going to look over Plummer? I DON'T THINK SO!

Out of everythning in that statement, I agree with one sentence. "People will show up when the Texans start winning games". The Texans will start winning when they develop more than one way to win a game on a consistant basis. Changing the QB doesn't mean anything at this point, and shouldn't be a priority. And trading a 1st round veteran QB for a 4th rounder to Minnesota is a stupid trade for the Texans. Not worth it.

I say if Plummer can still play, sign him. Have him compete with Carr. Only way we trade Carr is if we get an insane trading offer from another team (in other words, they give up more than us.) Other than that, the time to get rid of Carr was last year when you passed on Vince Young. That's over. Signing Plummer will not mean Young will magically appear and we start winning games.

Start looking for DL and DE to compete with Williams and Ryans, veteran OL to compee for starting jobs, and RB to compete with whoever's healthy. Build a team where the opposing team can't guess your next coaching moves. Not just a QB.

Well, if you look around the NFL there not enough black coaches. Furthermore, when the last time Texas in general had almost all black coaching staff? Never. Cowboys? Never. Texans? Never, until now. Almost half of the staff now is black coaches. Could this be the works of the new GM, Rick Smith? Hell, they may decide on a black quarterback this offseason, or in the draft?

Question: When was the last time you seen a black player on the Astros roster, or staff? Never! And people complain about that. They even boycott the Astros right in front MMP.

Semipro = :blink:

Well, if you look around the NFL there not enough black coaches. Furthermore, when the last time Texas in general had almost all black coaching staff? Never. Cowboys? Never. Texans? Never, until now. Almost half of the staff now is black coaches. Could this be the works of the new GM, Rick Smith? Hell, they may decide on a black quarterback this offseason, or in the draft?

Question: When was the last time you seen a black player on the Astros roster, or staff? Never! And people complain about that. They even boycott the Astros right in front MMP.

Man, would you, for the love of GOD, please........312fsex.jpg

Go play your race card somewhere else. There is absoluyely NO affirmative action in the NFL. If black coaches can't make the grade and a brown or white or yellow man is better qualified for the job, then so be it. Quit cryin like a little delicate flower ," Boo Hoo, there ain't be no black coaches in this here town." Cry me a river.

Tell the truth Semi, were you passed over from going to the NFL because your talent wasn't up to par, or because of the color of your skin ?

Edited by TJones

^^^ y'all still talking about those old comments? WOW! y'all are so late to the game. We been left that topic weeks ago.

I was about to call y'all some names that y'all never heard before, but I'm a better man than that. Because some of y'all white boys don't have any lack of common sense.

Edited by houstonsemipro

^^^ y'all still talking about those old comments? WOW! y'all are so late to the game. We been left that topic weeks ago.

I was about to call y'all some names that y'all never heard before, but I'm a better man than that. Because some of y'all white boys don't have any lack of common sense.

You are absolutely correct, I lack no common sense whatsoever, YOU on the other hand, are the friggin' POSTERBOY for why siblings shouldn't have children.

Quit acting like Dr.King should come back down here and start a new march. Take that weak ____ somewhere else, you are boring us.

Acting like Dr. King? y'all tickle me, for real. But, I'm glad you realize that you don't have any proper common sense, I applaud you on that note. On the other hand, you bringing up old stuff that been said a week, or two weeks ago? If you had READ! I state my apologizes that I was off topic. But no, you and your so-called Gary friend insisted on making fun of my statements. Everybody moved on except y'all two. Now, that's what I call Assinine!

You just mention "Quit acting like Dr.King" in your previous statement. Now you saying "I also didn't say you are acting like Dr. King." So, who the hell you referring too?

White boys I tell ya!

LACK = TJONES

Try using your phonics book this time and read the sentence again, posterboy. There is NO comma after Dr. King you unbelievable retard. Here, I will write it again for you, I don't want you to get lost as you probably aren't wearing your helmet right now, and might bump into something. Quit acting like Dr. King should come down here and start a new march. <-----march, does not refer to the month either there sparky.

Edited by TJones

I did that on propose, LACKY!

If you say so 'Tard. It would have been funnier though, if you had done it on PURPOSE instead of trying to "propose" it to me. What a Goober. :rolleyes: Please go take a night class, you make my brain hurt trying to decipher your badly lacking English skills.

Edited by TJones

:lol::lol::lol: Dude you are priceless! Maybe TJ was wrong, you never made it because you can't reason.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That's even funnier!

Thanks for showing your true self houstonsemislow :huh:

Houston Texans' general manager Rick Smith said a couple of teams have inquired about quarterback David Carr's availability.

The Texans are hoping to get a third-round pick that could escalate to a second-round pick. Carr, 28, has two years remaining on his contract at $5.5 million this year and $6 million in 2008.

The team is eyeing Denver quarterback Jake Plummer as a potential replacement. Plummer enjoyed the three best seasons of his career when Houston Coach Gary Kubiak served as the Broncos' offensive coordinator.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/...page=2#continue

Smith refused to say which teams called and exactly what was discussed. Smith has said throughout the offseason, however, that Carr along with almost every other Texan player, is available. The Texans want to improve the team, and will listen to any requests that other teams have.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/teams/nflteam...t.php?teamid=13

That's great for Carr! But, the big question is. What type of players the Vikings, Panthers, Raiders and Bucs have to give the Texans?

That's part of the reason why it's difficult to see Carr end up on their teams. (except the Panthers, perhaps) But they have Delhomme. Didn't he take them to the Super Bowl a couple years ago?

I was thinking to myself that some of these franchises can't wait to spend their money on this year's free agents, but they better be careful. There are sinkholes out there waiting to devour the unsuspecting. Just because a veteran was productive with one team doesn't necessarily guarantee he will be productive with another. Look at the Cardinals last year, they paid megabucks for Edgerrin James and still wound up with the league's 30th-ranked rushing game.

The Texans just need guys that can help the team out, and not no so-called big name free agent paying megabucks too then devour later on in the season.

The best free agents aren't biggest names!

Joe Horn was released by New Orleans and Joey Porter was released by the Steelers. Could you imagine Andre and Horn or DeMeco and Porter?!?

I REALLY want Horn and/or Porter on the Texans. I hope they're on it like white on rice.

In other news, Jake Plummer was traded for a middle-round pick to the Buccaneers, only to retire a few minutes afterwards.