The schedule is something that makes me wonder if the Texans will improve.

Last year, they had the 15th toughest schedule, this year tied with the Titans for the toughest,

on a season where we're supposed to make the playoffs, and since we had a 9-7 record last year, I

wonder if we'll actually improve.

Just as long as we stay mentally tough, healthy, and start the year off good, I think we'll make it, but if we even get close to losing 4 games in a row, again, its over for our playoff hopes. All in all a great season, a great schedule even if challenging, and looking forward to it.

• Like 1

I like good football no matter who makes the good play. I haven't watched the Texans since they allowed David Carr to continuously play, and make excuses for him, as if he had the talent. All the other tems watched him play, and yet, when he was released, none of them ran forward to get him. No faith in Kubiak, or Bob McNair as able to put a winning football team together. The historic inconsistent play of the Texans is proof of that. See-sawing, is not balance.

Edited by Hanuman

The schedule is something that makes me wonder if the Texans will improve.

Last year, they had the 15th toughest schedule, this year tied with the Titans for the toughest,

on a season where we're supposed to make the playoffs, and since we had a 9-7 record last year, I

wonder if we'll actually improve.

Just as long as we stay mentally tough, healthy, and start the year off good, I think we'll make it, but if we even get close to losing 4 games in a row, again, its over for our playoff hopes. All in all a great season, a great schedule even if challenging, and looking forward to it.

I agree we have a tough schedule, but pre-season schedules are kind of like pre-season rankings. We play in one of the tougher divisions so I understand that, but who knows how things will shake out during the course of the year. I think the team is good enough to be successful with the schedule, but I'm hoping it ends up a little easier than the forecast :).

So what does everyone think the Texans should and will do with their first two picks tonight?

I say they take a defensive player again in the first round. I don't think it will be a CB, hopefully someone else on the defensive line or they trade up and take the safety Earl Thomas from UT.

Second round, who knows but I hope they take an O-lineman.

I'll wait for my 3rd and 4th round picks until tomorrow.

Neither was available when the Texans picked at 20. I think they got a solid Cornerback which, along with Running Back, was the biggest need. Hopefully we can get a good Running Back today in Round 2.

Yeah those were kind of the dream picks, but with both being gone in the top 10 it wasn't likely. Too bad the guy they got is from 'bama. Loser.

I didn't watch on tv because I was out to dinner for my anniversary, but it seems like it was kind of a boring draft aside from a couple of picks (Tebow and whoever your team is). Good enough for prime time? I guess so, on a cable channel. I would have watched if I was at home. I will not watch tonight or over the weekend though, so I think maybe this first round move to Thursday will hurt the viewers that normally stuck around for the 2nd-3rd rounds. It's Friday, they'll be out partying.

• 5 months later...

I think we're a decent team, maybe closer to 8-8 than we are a playoff team, I'm not sure. But we really should be 1-2. Washington gave us that game as they had many chances to put us away.

The Texans didn't play horrible against the Cowboys in my opinion, it's just that they made big plays and we didn't. Everyone knew the Cowboys were better than their record indicated anyway.

unfortunately, I still haven't seen the game, but from the game stats the game looks to have been won with turnovers, that and we couldn't convert in the redzone when we were there.

but the numbers were evenly matched, we had 40 yards less through the air, and 20 more on the ground (and Foster rushed over 100 yards on the day, which no single RB has done to the Dallas defense in a long time).

I'm still up on the Texans, and while our secondary still is a work in progress, I think they are getting better, as the Cowboys only threw for 280 yards, and while Romo may not be allstar, the Cowboys receivers are damn close.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great interception. We still have holes but the Texans are making more of the small plays and a few big ones too.

ps - that stadium has been dead all night. Or maybe they just don't have crowd mics but Reliant blows them out of the water.

Edited by lockmat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can someone remind me why we have a professional football team in this town. I can't seem to remember why we built a brand new stadium for a perennial bunch of losers. How many millions of dollars have been spent on the Texans since they started? and what do we get for 9 years? CRAP

We have a winning combination with the offense, but the defense is just atrocious aside from Pollard and Cushing.

You are right about the defense needing improvement. They could use Dom Capers back on the sideline for that, he's doing a damn decent job as def coordinator in Green Bay.

As for the offense, are you sure? Andre Johnson will make just about any QB look good. I'm not sure Schaub is a franchise QB from a leadership standpoint. Look at the differences between Brady/Brees and someone like Romo. Dallas is supposedly the most talented team in the NFL this year. They haven't done anything in years. Brees and Brady are making average talent teams super powers because of the way they lead. Coaching helps for sure, but it's not the only thing (Belichek failed a few times before NE). It's all about the QB, and he's proven he's not going to win those close/late games.

Wade Phillips is in as the new defensive coordinator, keeping Kubiak, will probably move from a 4/3 to a 3/4 line up. Need new corner backs too. With and impending lock out, it's the smartest move.

Might be true, but still conjecture at this point. Reporters and sources have been wrong before.

• 11 months later...

It's too late. With 10 wins and 3 games to go and a clinched playoff birth and divisional championship, this CAN NOT be considered a disappointing season. In my opinion, the real goal of this season was to get into the playoffs for the first time. And they did it. Anything from this point on is just icing on the the cake. I certainly believe the Texans have the capability and potential to go all the way to the Super Bowl. But even if they lose in their first playoff game, this season should be considered a smashing success. Especially when you think about all the milestones that were achieved, winning game after game after game with all the star players injured and the pitiful state the team was in one year ago today. I think the Texans did the impossible in the win against the Bengals today. Watch the accolades pour in for this win.

CONGRATULATIONS TEXANS and THANX FOR AN INCREDIBLE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mister X
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Tom Tynan commented this morning on his radio show that he was going to the grocery store after his show to pick up some steaks to grill before the game today. Then he throws in "but I'm not going to Krogers.......not today at least..hah hah!".

I thought I was the only one that weird.

I was way wrong about the Texans and gladly admit it. I do think Yates threw some really bad balls and was lucky he didn't get what should have been a pick 6 against him. I still don't think they have a good chance against the Ravens unless TJ picks his game up.

CONGRATULATIONS TEXANS ON YOUR FIRST EVER PLAYOFF WIN!!! Not just a win but a BLOWOUT WIN! Life is good!

In fact, right now, the Houston Texans are the only team in the NFL to have NEVER lost a playoff game!!!

Enjoy the moment. Jinx and jinxers be damned. GO TEXANS - PLUCK the ravens.

Edited by Mister X
  • Like 2

Yesterday was a fantastic game. I do agree that Yates has a lot of work to do before next week. There is no doubt that Flacco will be playing at the top of his game that Yates cannot match.

Lucky, it seemed like our defense was firing on all cylinders verses the Bengals. Lets just hope for another stellar defensive game next Sunday.

I really hope it was just nerves that was causing Andre to play sort of off yesterday. We really need him to pick up his game.

I'm excited. Bring on the Ravens!

There is no doubt that Flacco will be playing at the top of his game that Yates cannot match.

Actually, there is plenty of doubt whether Flacco is on his game or not. His QB rating is identical to Yates', and the knock on Flacco is that some days he lights it up, and others he stinks it up.

We'll see.

BTW, our defense is better than theirs, though it is by a hair...literally 3 yards per game better. Our offense used to be much better, but now is virtually equal as well. Only home field is to their advantage.