Why doesn't Kubiak let Carr air it out, or do we need a QB that can throw past 20 yds ?

We need a QB that Kubiak is confident in taking risky plays with. If he has confidence in Carr, he needs to show it with his play calls. If not, there's nothing we can do with Carr as QB and Kubiak as coach at the same time.

I'm still referring to the Titans game. Didn't bother to watch the Patriots game. I turned it on for 5 seconds in the 2nd quarter and saw the score was 20-0, and knew everything I needed to know about the Texan's season.

The Texans need to build a time machine. Go bacc to the 2002 draft and select Julius Peppers. Then in 2006, select Vine Young.

But this is for you Mr. David Carr:

We really pulled for you, We wanted you to bring a great Texan Dynasty to Houston with you at the healm. When you came to us on the great Sunday night you showed us leadership and that desire to win. You improved every year until that fateful day week seventeen of the 2004 season against the Cleveland Browns. You seemed frustrated.

You couldn't get anything going. And your leadership went right out the window. As fans we still believed that it would come back since we did support you as our Franchise QB. Well we were wrong to put that much pressure on you. Some people are natural born leaders and others are pressured to take that role when they cannot. We are sorry for putting you in that position.

As fans we would like to thank you for that great Sunday night and the ups and down you have put us through. This pains me to say, but it is time for you to move on with your life. Maybe the pastures will be greener on the other side for you. Once again thank you for your time here we will see each other in the future.

Edited by Trae

As much as i have defended Carr, even I have to admit that he looks completely discombobulated. I'm not sure his head is screwed on straight right now.

My opinion is for the Texans NOT to take a quarterback in the draft, but to find a decent drop back QB through free agency or trade. This team has to many holes to fill to worry about drafting another QB, and I think a good mid level veteran would really make a difference in the teams attitude.

But this is for you Mr. David Carr:

We really pulled for you, We wanted you to bring a great Texan Dynasty to Houston with you at the healm. When you came to us on the great Sunday night you showed us leadership and that desire to win. You improved every year until that fateful day week seventeen of the 2004 season against the Cleveland Browns. You seemed frustrated.

You couldn't get anything going. And your leadership went right out the window. As fans we still believed that it would come back since we did support you as our Franchise QB. Well we were wrong to put that much pressure on you. Some people are natural born leaders and others are pressured to take that role when they cannot. We are sorry for putting you in that position.

As fans we would like to thank you for that great Sunday night and the ups and down you have put us through. This pains me to say, but it is time for you to move on with your life. Maybe the pastures will be greener on the other side for you. Once again thank you for your time here we will see each other in the future.

Not to contradict my last statement, but Carr is by no means the only issue on this team. In fact far from it.

Horrible game for Houston.I'm thinking the whole offense may need a makeover,I knew they wouldnt beat the Pats but I THOUGHT they would put some points on the board.Blalock from Texas is a must have for Houston.

Oh,and my COWBOYS Dfense will need to step it up again,clinching a playoff spot aint enough.We need the division title,for starters.

P.S.-We spit in the face of haters!

If the Texans decides to trade Carr, or pay his contract off and get a vertern quarterback. These are the vertern quarterbacks that would fit in Kubiak's system and will be available as free agents...

Sage Roenfels - Rosenfels, would be a candidate to replace Carr.

Jake Plummer - Plummer and Kubiak had a lot of success together in Denver.

Jeff Garica - Garcia would seem to fit the Texans' system better.

Tim Rattay - Rattay also would seem to fit the Texans' system.

Matt Schaub (?) - It's doubtful the Texans would surrender a high No. 1 pick for Schaub, who has been untested as a regular starter.

Now, if they decide to start over and get a rookie quarterback. These are the choices in the 2007 draft...

Brady Quinn

Troy Smith

Kevin Kolb

JaMarcus Russell

Brad Brohm

My prediction for which quarterback the Texans will pick? First, I think they're not going to start over again by getting a rookie quarterback. Kubiak has 2 more years in his contract, and doesn't have time to teach over again like Carr. So, the next step is getting a vertern quarterback to lend this team.

I think the Texans going to stick with Sage Rosenfels and sign Jake Plummer, or Jeff Graica.

Edited by houstonsemipro

Yes, it was a beautiful excitement for the Texans. I like to say, IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN TIME!

Main question is. Can Carr stay consistent for the last final game against the Browns? When they take away the running game. What can Carr do?

Carr officially gets to keep his job. They should still try to get a veteran QB or QB in the 2nd round that's starter-quality just to give Carr a run for his money next year, but whatever the Texans do, DON'T draft a QB in the 1st round 2007. Beef up the OL or DL even more.

Carr officially gets to keep his job. They should still try to get a veteran QB or QB in the 2nd round that's starter-quality just to give Carr a run for his money next year, but whatever the Texans do, DON'T draft a QB in the 1st round 2007. Beef up the OL or DL even more.

Why get another vertern quarterback and they still got Sage? That would be a waste of money.

But, I do agree with you on the Texans need to draft OL and DL. In addition, they also need another RB and a CB, cause every game Faggins get's Burnt!

Someone should tell the 6 offensive linemen that think they got drafted in the first 2 rounds this year that they really were 3rd rounders.

Someone needs to tell RedScare that most NFL o-lineman in the league right now were drafted after the first two rounds.

I would disagree that one game saves his job after a season of failures. This marks his second quality game of the season, keep in mind that this is the 15th of 16 games in the season.

Semipro:

Yes, it was a beautiful excitement for the Texans. I like to say, IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN TIME!

Main question is. Can Carr stay consistent for the last final game against the Browns? When they take away the running game. What can Carr do?

Consistency doesn't come in one game, it comes across several, Carr doesn't even have a chance to prove consistent at this stage of the season, it's simply too late.

I would disagree that one game saves his job after a season of failures. This marks his second quality game of the season, keep in mind that this is the 15th of 16 games in the season.

At one point, Carr was #1 in the QB ratings. Was that a fluke?

The problem I have with the Chronicle and a lot of the critique on Carr is the fact that a lot of fans seem to reflect the Texans' winning and losing solely on Carr. It simply isn't the case. Case in point: Texans vs. Raiders. The Texans won the game, but from what I heard (I didn't see the game) it was Carr's worst game of his career. From the other games I saw this season, Carr was consistant as an individual. When the Texans had a weak side (offense or defense), they were always exploited, especially when it came to defense pass coverage.

Carr's biggest problem in my opinion is the fact that he's only consistant because he's a conservative QB. He and Kubiak didn't do enough this season to take chances. Not enough confidence shown between each other. Vince Young had a great year this year because of the confident plays between Young and Fisher where neither felt pressure and everything revolved around the trust in the O-Line. Same with Brees, McNabb, and Romo. No pressure to try trick plays. Carr partially helped win over the Colts because of a burst of confidence in his play when he passed for the last touchdown that game. I haven't seen that kind of spark in him most of this season. I think if Kubiak works with Carr this season on that spark, Carr can be great for the Texans in '07. He's great at listening and following the coach's orders. If Carr's there next season and has a conservative approach again throughout next season, I really don't expect anything different from his individual results.

Edited by DJ V Lawrence

Lots of work to be done with Carr. But get Mr. Carr some help. We HAVE to HAVE O-LINE. Bottom line O-Line. Anyhow, I enjoyed Philly whipping Dallass today. Guess I just don't like the Pokes. >:) >:)

Faggins: gotta go.

My prediction at the beginning of the year was Eagles beating the Colts in the Super Bowl, and I'm sticking to it.

Why get another vertern quarterback and they still got Sage? That would be a waste of money.

But, I do agree with you on the Texans need to draft OL and DL. In addition, they also need another RB and a CB, cause every game Faggins get's Burnt!

Explain to me why we need another RB when it turns out that when Kubiak actually utilizes our Heisman winner, we get performance like this ?

Ron Dayne

.................................. ATT. Yds. Avg. TD

12/03 @OAK W 23-14... 18 95 5.3.....0

12/10 TEN L 20-26........ 21 87 4.1.....2

12/17 @NE L 7-40......... 18 94 5.2.....1

12/24 IND W 27-24....... 32 153 4.8....2

TOTAL............................ 89 429 4.8....5

Edited by TJones

Explain to me why we need another RB when it turns out that when Kubiak actually utilizes our Heisman winner, we get performance like this ?

Ron Dayne

.................................. ATT. Yds. Avg. TD

12/03 @OAK W 23-14... 18 95 5.3.....0

12/10 TEN L 20-26........ 21 87 4.1.....2

12/17 @NE L 7-40......... 18 94 5.2.....1

12/24 IND W 27-24....... 32 153 4.8....2

TOTAL............................ 89 429 4.8....5

Oh my gosh! It's a voice of reason.

Dayne has looked very impressive as of late, almost like he's running down hill.