Maybe the Vince Young OT-TD is simplya gift of karma for the holdover Oiler/Titans fans who may have been wrongfully jilted back in 1995.

Uh... karma for the jilted Oiler fans would have been Young stuffed at the one yard line and to see the agony on Bud Adams' face.

We were loyal to the Oilers. The team left us, we didn't leave them.

I don't think anything that happened in the first half had anything to do with the outcome, the key was the second half and execution of putting it in the end zone.

Carr played a good game, and the Texans put up a good fight as a whole. But when it comes to taking chances and making the most out of what you have when the game's on the line, Young won the game. If the Texans were able to at least put up a fight until the very end of regulation, this wouldn't have been an embarassing loss. The crowd was booing at the end of regulation for a reason.

Worldyman, that wasn't Karma, that was Irony.

I am absolutely sick to my stomach, for the Texans to play the whole game the way they did, and then for the Defense to BLOW the coverage AGAIN ! I could have stomached a field goal to win the game, but a friggin 37yd TD, by Vince ? Luck favors the gifted most times, I like Vince, I just don't like him when we are playing against him.

Uh... karma for the jilted Oiler fans would have been Young stuffed at the one yard line and to see the agony on Bud Adams' face.

We were loyal to the Oilers. The team left us, we didn't leave them.

I don't think you see it from my POV.

Bud wanted to stay if he could...and he was jilted (as were those of us loyal Oiler fans who wanted them here regardless). Personally, I think Bud is a grump, but what he asked for in the first place was basically later given to Bob McNair, even if he is a nicer owner. It's nothing like what Art Modell did with his Browns/Ravens in that time frame...packed up the trucks and snuck out of Cleveland in the night for Baltimore. Bud was willing to make a deal to stay in town and keep the Oilers.

Basically, for us Oiler fans...those of us who wanted them to stay, and were still rooting for them awhile (such as myself as long as guys like Steve McNair, Brad Hopkins, Al Del Greco, Eddie George, Bruce Matthews, Frank Wycheck, Marcus Robertson, etc.)...it IS karma of sorts. I didn't mind if the Texans won but I do feel good for the Oilers' ghosts in this one.

It doesn't matter if we root for the Texans now. The Titans are no longer "my" team. Still...

It was the right karma. I love Houston sports but I was sort of mad at the Houston mindset against the Oilers at the time. Houston got a punishment game for letting the Oilers go and Vince was the point man in it. But it's done, I have no real passion in this one...I think David Carr is the right guy for what the Texans are trying to accomplish in the near future AND I have nothing against Bud Adams and his team from Nashville.

Edited by worldlyman

Bud wanted to stay if he could...and he was jilted (as were those of us loyal Oiler fans who wanted them here regardless).

Are you kidding?!? Bud Adams was jilted? By whom? This clown held us hostage in 1987 for an expansion to the Dome and then not 10 years later tried the same exact thing. Then he got mad when we didn't want to give in to him AGAIN. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

The nanosecond he went to Nashville I bolted for another team and why not? He showed me as a fan not one whiff of loyalty, so why should I return the favor? I suported his underperforming team through thick and mostly thin. And his response was what? "Gimme a new stadium or else I'm outta here."

I wish him no good at all (at least in the football sense, not a personal sense).

Two of my favorite sports memories are:

1) Carlos Beltran standing there with the bat on his shoulder to end the 2006 NLCS

2) Titans falling one yard short in the Super Bowl

They got their money, but they didn't get the real payday. THAT'S karma!

But Bud was right. Houston needed a new football stadium to compete. Without corporate suites and mega buck concessions, the Oilers couldn't compete. And in the end, we did build a new football stadium because the Dome didn't cut it anymore. It only took a billion dollars for Houston to learn its lesson.

But Bud was right.

If Bud had been right, he'd have gotten his stadium.

Seems that if Bottom Line Bud was half the businessman he thought he was, he could have articulated his point, whatever it was, a lot better.

At the very least, couldn't the idiot have at least flipped through the phone book for a PR person? LOL! He was too cheap for even that.

Bottom line on Bottom Line Bud, it was a bungled attempt at holding the city hostage. Paul Tagliabue did a much better job.

Are you kidding?!? Bud Adams was jilted? By whom? This clown held us hostage in 1987 for an expansion to the Dome and then not 10 years later tried the same exact thing. Then he got mad when we didn't want to give in to him AGAIN. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

The nanosecond he went to Nashville I bolted for another team and why not? He showed me as a fan not one whiff of loyalty, so why should I return the favor? I suported his underperforming team through thick and mostly thin. And his response was what? "Gimme a new stadium or else I'm outta here."

I wish him no good at all (at least in the football sense, not a personal sense).

Two of my favorite sports memories are:

1) Carlos Beltran standing there with the bat on his shoulder to end the 2006 NLCS

2) Titans falling one yard short in the Super Bowl

They got their money, but they didn't get the real payday. THAT'S karma!

As I've said, Bud Adams is a cranky grease fart. But his Oilers have always been my team since becoming a Houstonian. Bud doesn't have to show me anything. He's a crankass and the NFL is a hard business. He was willing to make deals even if he wasn't the nicest face in the mix. He did not pull an Art Modell...and consider that Cleveland has probably the most loyal NFL fan base anywhere outside of Wisconsin. Bud was only wishing for what was eventually given to Bob McNair. But Bob's a nice face in the mix.

Besides, I was still loyal to the Titans when old Oilers on the team like Marcus Robertson still professed to win games for interested people in Houston. That was a reason to keep pulling for them, at least for me.

Bud Adams got his in the 2000 Super Bowl and Houston got theirs last Sunday. But I'm over it.

The Texans will still see many battles with the Titans ahead...and it's going to make for a great rivalry when these teams become good.

He did not pull an Art Modell...

Oh yes he did. Last time I checked, the Astrodome was selling out to 104 percent capacity when Bottom Line Bud wandered over to Nashville. And that was with a bad team (1994) coming off one season that they laid one of the biggest eggs in sports history (1992) then followed that up by folding at home after luring the fans back with a 12-game win streak (1993).

I didn't run Bud Adams off. No Oiler fan ran Bud Adams off. Bob Lanier didn't run Bud Adams off. Bud Adams ran Bud Adams off.

He had the gall to hold this city hostage for a new stadium that, quite frankly, a very good number of people didn't think he or his underperforming team deserved. When your team gives the city a black eye, that ain't the time to say, "Gimme, gimme, gimme." Bob Lanier was right... you want a stadium, build your own.

I can guarantee you Bob McNair isn't going to be asking for anything any time soon after his team pulled a very nice "Oiler" today.

I do think that Bud truly wanted to stay in Houston, but also knew he had to have a new stadium to compete in the NFL market since Astrodome was becoming obsolete. That being said, Bud Adams' stadium ideas for Houston were STUPID to say the least. He had two plans shot down by Bob Lanier (and I'm glad): A 70,000 seat open-air stadium that looks almost exactly like the Titans' current stadium, and a stadium for the Oilers and Rockets similar to the Alamodome (which the Rockets weren't even aware of). NEITHER would have worked in Houston. If Bob McNair's stadium idea existed around that time period, perhaps the Oilers would still be in Houston. McNair flat-out came up with a stadium plan that was top-notch and a first in the NFL, while Adams was looking for something trendy and would have wasted taxpayer dollars.

I feel bad for McNair because of today's game. He's the reason why the NFL is back in Houston, yet the way today's game ended will be talked about all season because of the person who did the final play, and the team he was on. Perhaps Texans/Titans will be a bigger rivalry in the coming years because of all the media scrutiny. I NEVER heard the Texans talked about on ESPN to hype up a game as much as this week leading up to the Titans game.

I do see a lot of promise in the Texans, and Kubiak is a good coach, but they're far from a respectable risk-taking highlight-reeling NFL threat of a team that deserves multiple MNF games next season. They need to use the rest of the season as something to build on for training camp 2007. They also need to make a major splash in the next draft regardless of where they pick. And the Chronicle and Houston media needs to stop overhyping them, and underhyping Houston's championship teams. If a team wins a major championship, and the Texans lose, the Texans don't deserve to be the first sports story...

Many offers came to buy the team from Bud to keep the Oilers here. He wouldn't hear of it. The Oilers were a status symbol for Bud, he didn't give a Rat's @$$ about them, nor does he care about the Titans, all he cares about is his name in the society section of the newspaper. Butt Adams is a primadonna and a whiny little turd with a lot of money, and all his team to him is a "look at me, look at me, I'm the owner" status symbol, but nobody cared about that little troll's status in this town, so that's why he took his ball and decided to leave. He got his ace in the hole TRUMPED by the people of Houston, and he couldn't stand it. So he decided to take the team to Po Dunk, to teach us a lesson, and we wind up with a team I think everyone actually likes more than the Oilers, even with a losing record at this point, and we all just want to fix it and get a .500 season for a change, then move up to .750, then get the whole enchilada.

Edited by TJones

The Oilers have been gone for almost a decade. I am totally over that scene. The Houston Texans are our team. Yes, I was disappointed that they failed to draft Reggie Bush or at least Vince Young. We can't undo that situation. Ever. But we can move forward to get an O-line and if Carr keeps fumbling, stumbling and grumbling, get another QB. Change is inevitable for a team with 4 wins and three games to go.

The Oilers have been gone for almost a decade. I am totally over that scene. The Houston Texans are our team. Yes, I was disappointed that they failed to draft Reggie Bush or at least Vince Young. We can't undo that situation. Ever. But we can move forward to get an O-line and if Carr keeps fumbling, stumbling and grumbling, get another QB. Change is inevitable for a team with 4 wins and three games to go.

Could not have been better said! A++++++ post

It's BYE-BYE CARR!! Kubiak told Carr if you don't beat Titans and at lease a pair of games within these last 4 your service is no longer needed here at this franchise. So, ADIOS! Wish you well at some other franchise.Because I know and y'all know their not going to pull off a win against Tom Brady next week. Shall we say 4-10?

Vince Young outplayed Carr, and this his first year. Yea, Carr played pretty good, but not like Vince did.

This going to hunt the Texans forever as a franchise. FOREVER YOUNG!

Edited by houstonsemipro

It's BYE-BYE CARR!! Kubiak told Carr if you don't beat Titans and at lease a pair of games within these last 4 your service is no longer needed here at this franchise. So, ADIOS! Wish you well at some other franchise.Because I know and y'all know their not going to pull off a win against Tom Brady next week. Shall we say 4-10?

When did Kubial say that semipro? You tend to way over exagerate Kubiaks statements.

Vince Young outplayed Carr, and this his first year. Yea, Carr played pretty good, but not like Vince did.

I am so sick of this Vince Young overblown hype. He played an ok game, but it wasn't great. Vince Young is a very good athlete but not a great Quaterback. Certainly he may turn out to be formidable, but I seriously doubt he'll ever be a Brady. I actually heard Andre Ware make the comment that "Vince Young was the second coming of Jordan"! That's laughable at best. The guy won a game against a 3rd rate team with his legs, and that doesn't make a championship quarterback. A championship quarterback must be almost exclusively a dropback passer, history proves it.

LOL!

All this debate over two average quarterbacks is humorous, to say the least. Anyone who watched the 3 o'clock game between SanDiego and Denver saw a REAL quarterback in Phil Rivers. Watching Rivers made it clear how far BOTH of these QBs has to go. They may get there eventually, but Rivers is what the Texans should aspire to, not Young or Carr.

I disagree. Carr played a good game. Young making that last run in overtime in no way was Carr's fault. I'm pretty sure Kubiak's ripping the defense for the loss more than Carr, but even so, the Texans played an overall good game. Vince Young was just being Vince Young though. Almost unavoidable...

Edited by DJ V Lawrence

All this debate over two average quarterbacks is humorous, to say the least. Anyone who watched the 3 o'clock game between SanDiego and Denver saw a REAL quarterback in Phil Rivers. Watching Rivers made it clear how far BOTH of these QBs has to go. They may get there eventually, but Rivers is what the Texans should aspire to, not Young or Carr.

Or if you watched Drew Brees hand the Cowboys their butts. Sean Payton insisted he wasn't trying to prove anything to Bill Parcells but I think he showed his old boss he payed attention while interning under the Tuna. Last time Drew Brees was in Texas Stadium he won the Texas State 5A Championship for Austin Westlake High School, finishing the year 16-0 and the State MVP. Bush had a good game and Karney was great scoring his first 3 NFL TD's in one game. NO is on a mission.

Sean Payton showed a lot of class taking a knee on the 4 yd line instead of running up the score even more!

The Saints really showed what they are made of.Areal good team all around.The COWBOYS D lost that game.The big plays downfield killed us.Payton is coach of the year material.

The COWBOYS and Texans games taught us one thing,the Texans should of took V.Young or R.Bush!

Oh yes he did. Last time I checked, the Astrodome was selling out to 104 percent capacity when Bottom Line Bud wandered over to Nashvil

Not true, everyhome game they had to have a sponsor buy the remaining tickets to lift the blackout they used to have in those days. It was hardly a must have ticket.

The Oilers were a status symbol for Bud, he didn't give a Rat's @$$ about them, nor does he care about the Titans, all he cares about is his name in the society section of the newspaper. Butt Adams is a primadonna and a whiny little turd with a lot of money, and all his team to him is a "look at me, look at me, I'm the owner" status symbol, but nobody cared about that little troll's status in this town, so that's why he took his ball and decided to leave.

And the truth shall set you free. Houston got jobed because the social "elite" played favorites. It had nothing to do with the city. We could have easily built a new stadium for them. And let's not compare stadium designs from 15 years ago with todays. Bud was right to want to get out of the Dome atmosphere, he wanted to play on real grass. That's why he pushed to help pay for an open air stadium at that time. What's crazy is i don't go to Texans games yet I'm forced to pay for their stadium.

Exactly! I can't believe what the media is doing with this, it's rediculous.

If I we're to look at last years draft in retrospect, I would have much rather peicked Bush over Young. Oh and what about Drew Breese, he was fantastic.

And the truth shall set you free. Houston got jobed because the social "elite" played favorites. It had nothing to do with the city. We could have easily built a new stadium for them. And let's not compare stadium designs from 15 years ago with todays. Bud was right to want to get out of the Dome atmosphere, he wanted to play on real grass. That's why he pushed to help pay for an open air stadium at that time. What's crazy is i don't go to Texans games yet I'm forced to pay for their stadium.

I'm happy we didn't settle back in the Adams dayz. Reliant Stadium and Toyota Center are a hell of a better than the stadium Bud Adams had planned for the Rockets and Oilers. That would have been a SERIOUS bust! Especially knowing that 5 or 6 years after it was built, the Rockets would have been looking for a new stadium and Adams would probably have been asking the city for a new one too :lol:

You need to check your facts.

Here's a quick blurb from an HBJ article on the 1996 season, the Oilers last season in the dome. Hardly 104% capacity.

It was a record-breaking year for the Oilers in at least one respect: They played in front of the smallest number of fans ever to watch the team play in the Astrodome -- 15,131.

The record low attendance, for the Cincinnati game on Dec. 15, was also the smallest crowd to watch any National Football League game during the 1996 season, according to research compiled by G. Scott Thomas for American City Business Journals. That figure broke the previous record low attendance for an Astrodome game, which was 20,107 when the Oilers played Carolina this season.

The four worst-attended games in the NFL last year were Oilers games. In fact, the Oilers had five of the eight worst-attended games in the league.

To view the remainder of the story...Oilers game attendance: How low can it go?