How bout Bledsoe to Houston for Carr. Carr would make a good backup to Romo.

:wacko:

no matter how frustrated you guys are with the texans offense as a whole or Carrs progression on a crappy team in a new system with an injury riddled O-line, you are foolish to think he is a backup i think there are plenty of teams in the nfl where he would be an upgrade over there starting QB.

:wacko:

no matter how frustrated you guys are with the texans offense as a whole or Carrs progression on a crappy team in a new system with an injury riddled O-line, you are foolish to think he is a backup i think there are plenty of teams in the nfl where he would be an upgrade over there starting QB.

name one team that would rather have Carr starting than their starting QB - injured situations don't count for ex. Jeff Garcia since McNabb is hurt.

Texans could make a play for Matt Schaub, current backup behind Vick in Atlanta. Young QB, with a couple of years experience, though on the bench. Was a 3rd round pick I believe.

name one team that would rather have Carr starting than their starting QB - injured situations don't count for ex. Jeff Garcia since McNabb is hurt.

Texans could make a play for Matt Schaub, current backup behind Vick in Atlanta. Young QB, with a couple of years experience, though on the bench. Was a 3rd round pick I believe.

Prior to the past game against the Raiders, Carr had one of the highest QB ratings in the NFL. Also, with the exception of Peyton Manning, I can't think of any starting QB that hasn't had a bad game this season.

y'all are talking as if Carr is the only reason why the Texans are 4-8.

oakland

san fransisco

tampa bay

minnesota

buffalo

cleveland

detroit

and maybe chicago

Edited by westguy76

oakland

san fransisco

tampa bay

minnesota

buffalo

cleveland

detroit

and maybe chicago

- oakland has aaron brooks - granted, he melts down. he also is a QB that been to the playoffs with the saints (yes, the saints) and thrown for more than 20 TD's 4 times as compared to 0 for carr.

- simms ruptured his spleen and it out for the season. injured doesn't count, although i think its a wash who is worse simms or carr. simms had flashes of potential last year, kind of like his whole career at UT.

- minnesota - brad johnson had a horrible week, with 4 picks and no TD's. However, for a short term QB, I'd take Brad Johnson, a QB that thrown for over 3K yards as recent as two years ago any day over Carr.

buffalo - JP Losman - they whipped the Texans last year and he threw for 340 against them this year and they won. I think this one would be a wash as well versus Carr, not overwhelmingly strong for either side.

cleveland - frye's first year as full time starter. can't tell if he's any good yet or not. (this is carr's 5th)

detroit - i'd take kitna over carr right now. not a great QB by any means, but he managed to help the bengals be respectable again before leaving to detroit.

chicago - grossman is a joke right now, they have greise as a backup who is better than carr and they are also 10-2.

while i agree there are a few where you could flip the situation and it might be the same, i don't think any of those teams will be clamoring for carr other than to have another person to compete for the job.

Vince has made the highlight reels a few times this season.When Carr pulls off big wins,like Vince did against the Giants and Colts,he will be more credible as starting QB.Not to mention getting props on ESPN.

He's certainly not the only reason for Houstons record,(see O-Line) but QB is a major piece to the puzzle that is success in the NFL.And Vince has shown he can make it at the "Next Level".

Carr is not the 100% problem, but he's 50% of it.

Kubiak also mentions not only Carr on notice, but his teammates as well.

Passing

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Rate

2002 Houston 16 16 444 233 52.5 2592 5.84 81 9 15 62.8

2003 Houston 12 11 295 167 56.6 2013 6.82 78 9 13 69.5

2004 Houston 16 16 466 285 61.2 3531 7.58 69 16 14 83.5

2005 Houston 16 16 423 256 60.5 2488 5.88 53 14 11 77.2

2006 Houston 12 12 353 244 69.1 2251 6.38 53 10 7 87.4

Edited by westguy76

Either way, some major off season moves need to happen.Offense,Defense,coaching,maybe even front office.

I don't think coaching or front office are the problem. I can see Kubiak doing big things as a coach (mainly because of his past with Denver). I DON'T see Kubiak doing big things with this current roster, though. They're gonna have to make some MAJOR changes and get players that can make an IMMEDIATE impact to coincide with Ryans, Williams, Johnson, and Carr. The line on both sides needs the most help.

Do you honestly think that the Texans would give up a 1st and third round pick for Schaub.

Carr just does not have enough help. Some of the things are his fault, but his O-Line is full of injuries. We have lost three (if not more) starting offensive linemen. That can hurt any QB.

Do you honestly think that the Texans would give up a 1st and third round pick for Schaub.

Carr just does not have enough help. Some of the things are his fault, but his O-Line is full of injuries. We have lost three (if not more) starting offensive linemen. That can hurt any QB.

No I don't think they would give up a 1st and 3rd, but I don't think they would have to after the season. Schaub will be a restricted free agent after the season and can sign anywhere, the Falcons will just have right of first refusal. If he were to sign elsewhere I believe the possible draft compensation would be additional picks for the Falcons, but not come from the Texans (supplemental picks I believe).

I agree its not all Carr - he has virtually no running game and his line is and always has been a joke. That being said, he doesn't really show much progress each season, and I think at this point he needs a change of scenery as bad as anyone.

OK. David Carr has not materialized as the "super" QB the Texans "thought" he would be. I have too been disappointed. This game will probably be the game that will put him on the trading block or make him respectable. At times, David is so accurate and wise. But the rest of the time, well, you guys watch the games. It is hard not to like Carr. But it is much harder watching him play like a girl. I love my team; wouldn't trade my Texans' gear for any other NFL team ... Houston .... we have a problem. :o

Check this out from FoxSports. They claim that if the Texans replaced Carr, the likely next QB for the Texans could be Jake Plummer?...

Texans QB David Carr has a month to prove something, and it must be something big. If he fails, Gary Kubiak will have to consider the David Carr Experiment one that blew up in his face. But while Kubiak won't be able to do it all over again, he does have Plummer's phone number in Denver. He knows how badly Kansas City Chiefs backup Damon Huard wants to start again. And Kubiak's office isn't far from where Houston Cougars star Kevin Kolb became a hometown hero in his own right.

Posted December 06, by Ben Maller

Edited by DJ V Lawrence

Jake did good under Kubiak in Denver, but I think Jake would be the backup next year. He has already stated that he wants to play for Kubiak. Also, this would help Carr. Carr would always be looking over his shoulder, not wanting to lose his starting job.

Also, if we had Dom Davis, Carr would be a lot better. I hope Chris Taylor turns out into a beast this Sunday. Also, if we can pull in Cedric Benson from Chicago next year (only a second round picC), then we can have a above average running game. Right now, our running game looks below average. Average at best.

Jake did good under Kubiak in Denver, but I think Jake would be the backup next year. He has already stated that he wants to play for Kubiak. Also, this would help Carr. Carr would always be looking over his shoulder, not wanting to lose his starting job.

Also, if we had Dom Davis, Carr would be a lot better. I hope Chris Taylor turns out into a beast this Sunday. Also, if we can pull in Cedric Benson from Chicago next year (only a second round picC), then we can have a above average running game. Right now, our running game looks below average. Average at best.

It's gonna be a REAL busy offseason for the Texans...

Prior to the past game against the Raiders, Carr had one of the highest QB ratings in the NFL. Also, with the exception of Peyton Manning, I can't think of any starting QB that hasn't had a bad game this season.

y'all are talking as if Carr is the only reason why the Texans are 4-8.

Exactly DJ. Repeating myself for the 400th time, I'm amazed at how hard everyone is on Carr. NEWS FLASH: Carr has never truly been tested as he has never played for a team with an Offensive line!!!!!

How can you guy's continually make full judgments about Carr knowing that he hasn't been protected since he went pro? When he is protected he's been wonderful, you know like going 22 for 22, which by the way tied the all time completion record.

Give this guy a break!

Just one more day to the "Vince bowl". <_< The game should show us how brilliant Young is, and how inept Carr has always been.

By the way, I'm being sarcastic. Couldn't help it after reading all of the Chronicle's BS hype.

I find it totally repulsive, but to the usual Houston Barnacle standards that they would abandon the hometown team to go root for the other guys. Thanks for staying typical, Houston Barnacle, you bunch of Jackass hack reporters..

Edited by TJones

The most embarassing loss in the history of the Texans in my book. Three reasons:

1) You cower at the last 53 seconds of regulation because you don't trust your offense to get the job done, and you wanna take the safe road knowing that the opposing team's QB would have gone for it

2) The hometown hero you turn down in the draft runs 50 yards to end the game and win it, proving his skills at crunchtime while proving Carr inept when time to take a risk.

3) Young had more fans cheering for him at the end of the Texans home game than the Texans did. We were happy for Vince. Was Bob McNair even at the game?

I gotta give Carr props though; he did a good job consistantly throughout the game. He didn't lose it for the Texans in any way. But Kubiak didn't give Carr the chance to win it either at the end, because he thought it was too risky that Carr would get sacked or would have caused a turnover. That says a lot. If you don't trust your players, get new ones...like Vince Young perhaps? <_<

3RD QUARTER

HOU TD Ron Dayne, 2 Yd run (Kris Brown kick is good), 9:26. Drive: 10 plays, 73 yards in 5:34.

TENN TD Travis Henry, 9 Yd run (Rob Bironas kick is good), 1:49. Drive: 5 plays, 63 yards in 2:41.

4TH QUARTER

HOU FG Kris Brown 49 Yd, 12:00. Drive: 7 plays, 11 yards in 2:49.

TENN TD Travis Henry, 2 Yd run (Rob Bironas kick is good), 3:53. Drive: 15 plays, 88 yards in 8:07.

HOU FG Kris Brown 46 Yd, 2:09. Drive: 6 plays, 33 yards in 1:44.

OT

TENN TD Vince Young, 39 Yd run, 11:14. Drive: 5 plays, 57 yards in 3:46.

I don't think anything that happened in the first half had anything to do with the outcome, the key was the second half and execution of putting it in the end zone.

Why do people keep saying Vince is our "hometown hero." The offense played good. The defense played well, too. It is just that we could not get it done in overtime. The first team to score wins. I think that is a dumb rule. The NFL needs to let at least both teams' offenses to touch the ball once. If the offense can't score, then the game is over.

I didn't like the play when they attempted the long pass to Daniels on 2nd Down. They had been running so well in a close game. I felt they should have run on that down and the next until they would have worn down the Titans Defense. Oh well, it didn't happen, but the Texans did play well even if the Vince Young fans can't see that. They lost in overtime for goodness sakes. That should mean that they were competitive with the Titans. If Vince Young was as good as some posters would have us believe then the game would have been over at Halftime and Vince would have sat out the Fourth Quarter.

Edited by Trae