If you think the Texans will reach .500, you should get your head out of Uranus.

:lol::lol::lol:

8-4...Romo does it again.I loved the suspense.GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see the Texans pulled it off anyway.I'm sure there will be some major moves in the offseason,I mean there better be.

.......and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle, so you do the math. Raiders lose and my Texans win, so just go suck it, you cheesy closet Cowgirl fan. I don't care if the waterboy was QB'n the team, a win is a win, no matter how ugly YOU might think it is. The defense played the way they should, unlike last week's 2 minute drill disaster. Our kicker didn't kick for 23 points so shove that B.S. statement right up your little heiny-hole. Just do what you do best and keep rootin' for your Cowgirls, and leave the commentary on the Texans for their REAL fans.

:lol::lol::lol: Seriously, I think semipro's a "Clots" fan anyway.

Reggie Bush had a "breakout game" yesterday, including 4 touchdowns, and Vince Young won his 5th out of his last 7 games as a starter, in which he provides the Titans with the team's second straight, come-from-behind, 4th quarter victory.

The egg on the Texans' faces is starting to harden.

We see R.Bush sunday.That will be another challenge for the COWBOYS defense.The saints defense better watch out for M.Barber,the boy has got the "scoring TD's" thing down.

Was looking at the Texans stats for yesterdays game,unacceptable!

I'm now really thinking Houston should of taken Young.Or give the QB job to someone else.

We see R.Bush sunday.That will be another challenge for the COWBOYS defense.The saints defense better watch out for M.Barber,the boy has got the "scoring TD's" thing down.

Was looking at the Texans stats for yesterdays game,unacceptable!

I'm now really thinking Houston should of taken Young.Or give the QB job to someone else.

Let your 'pokes, key in on Reggie and Deuce will hand you your asses. Better concentrate a little on him also, if you want to get by the Saints. If you can pressure Brees, you may come away with a win next sunday.

You could put Joe Montana back there and he would get hammered just like Carr, no O-line makes a huge difference in a game, yet we still pulled one out because our defense stepped it up again. Now if we can just get both sides firing on the same cylinders the Texans would possibly be unstoppable. I absolutely hate the Cowgirls, I know big shocker, but they do play good football when it counts. I will always despise them though, and you can thank the non-emotional Tom Landry for that.

Edited by TJones

Reggie Bush had a "breakout game" yesterday, including 4 touchdowns, and Vince Young won his 5th out of his last 7 games as a starter, in which he provides the Titans with the team's second straight, come-from-behind, 4th quarter victory.

The egg on the Texans' faces is starting to harden.

How do the Texans have egg on their face in the first place genious? Holy crap, Young and the titans have one more win than the Texans and Young's backed up by a decent football team. The guy is inaccurate, in fact he's damn near the most inaccurate QB in the league. Bush, who I like, is also backed up by a good football team.

The exagerations here are unbelievable.

Edited by Gary

The saints running game and QB are big threats.Our D-Line will need to step it up.And our kicking and special teams will have to be excellent,cuz this what it might come down to.But the confidence booster we just had,our fourth win in a row.Not to mention its a home game against the saints.I believe it will be five in a row.

Oh,and the Texans could of used R.Bush this season too.I know,O-Line problems.But the Houston defense probably would of beat the Raiders without their first pick being a defensive one.

Edited by texastrill

Well, at least we're moving in the right direction. We won a game "in spite" of David Carr. I can officially hop on the bandwagon now, I do not think Carr is the future of the Texans. He is not good enough in many ways and he is not improving under Gary Kubiak. Oh how I wish Rosenfels hadn't broken his hand!

I agree with you 100%! At lease somebody see's what I see.

During the off-season don't be surprised they cut Carr, and draft a quarterback. I wish we could get Brad Quinn from Norte Dame, but seems like Raiders will get that shot.

Furthermore, let's get something straight. I'm not a Cowboy fan, never was and never will be. I rather be a Titan fan, then a Cowboys fan. Hard to realize I'm a Texans fan, and always will be. I may talk bad about them, cause I'm the type of fan that's tired of losing every single year. Some of y'all tells me(Gary) "Shut up, their starting back over with a new coach. Give them a brake." To me it seems like they starting over every year when they step on the field. What's the difference this year? All the games they've won was in a horrible fashion, unbearable to watch. The only two games they played good in was against Jacksonville.

I say it before and I say it again. Carr needs to go! When he leaves that's when Texans have a shot at the playoffs.

I agree with you 100%! At lease somebody see's what I see.

During the off-season don't be surprised they cut Carr, and draft a quarterback. I wish we could get Brad Quinn from Norte Dame, but seems like Raiders will get that shot.

They can't cut Carr genious, they just signed a contract. It's called "trade".

Some of y'all tells me(Gary) "Shut up, their starting back over with a new coach. Give them a brake." To me it seems like they starting over every year when they step on the field. What's the difference this year? All the games they've won was in a horrible fashion, unbearable to watch. The only two games they played good in was against Jacksonville.

I say it before and I say it again. Carr needs to go! When he leaves that's when Texans have a shot at the playoffs.

Your logic is baffling. :huh:

Edited by Gary

The saints running game and QB are big threats.Our D-Line will need to step it up.And our kicking and special teams will have to be excellent,cuz this what it might come down to.But the confidence booster we just had,our fourth win in a row.Not to mention its a home game against the saints.I believe it will be five in a row.

Oh,and the Texans could of used R.Bush this season too.I know,O-Line problems.But the Houston defense probably would of beat the Raiders without their first pick being a defensive one.

There will be plenty of Nawlins fans to go around at that game though. Plenty of FEMA money spent on tickets. ;)

David Carr is in his 5th year. He has played in over 70+ NFL games. You should not have to teach a five year veteran QB how to protect the ball over and over. A five year QB veteran should know when to run and when to throw it away at least 90% of the time. He should be respected by his team mates enough to be at least elected captain of the team. A five year veteran QB should know to hurry up a team during two minute offenses. He should know how to not stare down receivers and look at the entire field instead. These are just some of the things anyone should reasonably expect a 5th year NFL quarterback to be somewhat good at. But at this time, it appears that Carr is regressing. Yes, he for the first part of the season looked much better. But I see no confidence in his eyes now, especially since he has no real competition with Rosenfels hurt.

Carr a veteran :lol::lol::lol: i say we put the Coogs in them Texans gear.

Well, he's not a rookie anymore. After 5 years, this is when U'll probably start seeing his true form. I consider Yao Ming a Rockets veteran, and he's been in the NBA for four years. Regardless of how good or bad you play, there's no such thing as a 5-year rookie. Either you can play or you can't. And if you're still playing like a rookie at year-five, who's to say you're not still gonna be playing as a rookie in year-ten etc.? And if he's still the best player on the team at that time and playing like that, that says a lot about the team.

I think (and hope) he just had a bad day, and shows what a star-quarterback is supposed to play like in the next game. If the Texans lost, he would have been called to blame. He should come back, though.

Uh oh, Gary's resorting to name calling. This thread (or Gary) is getting out of control (just watch his response to this post). It's time to shut this thread down.

Yeah Gary, quit calling semipro a "Genious" it only confuses him. I will also stop calling people Cowboys fans, I know that really stings to be called that. I apologize. :closedeyes:

Edited by TJones

The Houston Chronicle has geniuses on its staff, too. :lol::lol::lol: Take a look.

It's Christmas in December, draft critics

By RICHARD JUSTICE

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Can you imagine what Sunday is going to be like for Bob McNair? Uncomfortable doesn't even begin to describe it.

If you're angry about all the things the Texans have done wrong, if you'd like to let them know how you feel, this is the week for you.

It's a referendum on the Texans. That's what Vince Young's return to his hometown amounts to.

It can't be anything else. If the Texans were winning or if there were some sense they're headed in the right direction, Vince's return wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue.

You're going to hear people say they're going to Reliant Stadium on Sunday to cheer for Vince. That's only partly true.

Many of them are going to cheer Vince only because doing so will remind the Texans how badly they blew it on draft day. . .

See rest of the article here.

Hey 713, where did Richard Justice play 'ball at again ? I forgot what pro team he coached for also. Help me out.

I believe he is just another writer who lives vicariously through his sports idols, one who has never played a down in his life, yet knows everything there is to know about football and how it should be played. Yeah Right !

No doubt Vince is doing great for his first year, I don't think he would be a winner under Kubiak's system though, he is not a stay in the pocket Quarterback, and you still need a decent O-line to protect him.

I can't believe that everyone is making this big of a deal regarding Young. My gosh, he's won one more game than have the Texans, has a crappy passer rating (I know it's not all about stats), and all of this with a better fooball team. I could certainly understand if he was breaking out a serious can of "whoop ass" on a consistant basis, but he's not.

Oh the media driven society.

Actually, as a PSL season ticket holder from Day 1, this Vince Young game is so important to me that I traded my two Hou-Tenn tickets for two great Nutcracker tickets (Wortham Center) so I can take my little nephew for his first time. I'll watch the game on TV. I don't feel emotional about this Vince Young thing. I would have preferred Reggie Bush. But what is done is done. Go Texans!

Actually, as a PSL season ticket holder from Day 1, this Vince Young game is so important to me that I traded my two Hou-Tenn tickets for two great Nutcracker tickets (Wortham Center) so I can take my little nephew for his first time. I'll watch the game on TV. I don't feel emotional about this Vince Young thing. I would have preferred Reggie Bush. But what is done is done. Go Texans!

.....and you didn't offer those tickets to anyone here ? BLASPHEMY ! That's it, you are off my fruitcake gift list this Christmas.

Well, he's not a rookie anymore. After 5 years, this is when U'll probably start seeing his true form. I consider Yao Ming a Rockets veteran, and he's been in the NBA for four years. Regardless of how good or bad you play, there's no such thing as a 5-year rookie.

Your right, i like to see Carr play a game as quarter back for the Colts or another team and see how he does then we can diagnose the real problems.

Your right, i like to see Carr play a game as quarter back for the Colts or another team and see how he does then we can diagnose the real problems.

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner Bob!

This is the problem with some involved in this thread, they don't give Carr a chance even though he's been playing for a terrible football team. The guy has proven he's got the physical skills, but what remains to be determined is his head. Give the guy a chance on a decent football team then make your judgments.

I laugh when a couple of you here think that Vince Young would take the Texans places at this juncture. If any of the Texans went anywhere, it would be Young blazing a trail to the injured reserve after being hurt on his 100th run of the season. You know, he'd be running for his life as well.

I will wait 'til Sunday evening to say anymore on the Carr vs. Young deal. I do hope our defense is gonna WREAK HAVOC all over the Titans. If the Texan D can play to their potential for all 60 minutes, I know what the outcome will be. >:)

Edited by TJones

I will wait 'til Sunday evening to say anymore on the Carr vs. Young deal. I do hope our defense is gonna WREAK HAVOC all over the Titans. If the Texan D can play to their potential for all 60 minutes, I know what the outcome will be. >:)

I look for the Texans to get their hats handed to em. They simply have no O-line, especially with three starters out. Of course I'm only 50/50 on my predictions this year, so maybe I should hush. :P

Edited by Gary