And what about the Patriots? They not only don't play in their city (Boston), they don't even identify with their STATE. The New England Patriots play in Foxboro, Mass.

They're not the Boston Patriots; They're the New England Patriots. Foxboro, Mass is in New England, so they're cool...

Let's also not forget about the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim -- playing a full county removed from their home city.

They play in Anaheim. Using Los Angeles in their name at all is cheap, but since Anaheim is in their name, they're cool too. They were also cool when they were the California Angels.

There are more. Like Mark says, this is a silly argument. Irving is to Dallas what Bellaire is to Houston, in terms of distance from downtown. Even when they move to Arlington, it'll be akin to a drive out to Stafford for a game. what's the big deal?

It has nothing to do with the distance from downtown; it has to do with representing the city/area that you claim to play for, and not just calling them another city's name to sell t-shirts. If Arlington's willing to fork out the cash for the Dallas Cowboys, call them the Arlington Cowboys or something that represents the Metroplex or state. I think we agree that Washington/Maryland and NYC/New Jersey lose MAD cool points in that regard, and Buffalo's lost a few as well.

If the Houston Texans were to move out to Stafford, call them the Stafford Texans. And if you didn't want to play for Stafford, leave your ass in Houston...

They're not the Boston Patriots; They're the New England Patriots. Foxboro, Mass is in New England, so they're cool...

They play in Anaheim. Using Los Angeles in their name at all is cheap, but since Anaheim is in their name, they're cool too. They were also cool when they were the California Angels.

It has nothing to do with the distance from downtown; it has to do with representing the city/area that you claim to play for, and not just calling them another city's name to sell t-shirts. If Arlington's willing to fork out the cash for the Dallas Cowboys, call them the Arlington Cowboys or something that represents the Metroplex or state. I think we agree that Washington/Maryland and NYC/New Jersey lose MAD cool points in that regard, and Buffalo's lost a few as well.

If the Houston Texans were to move out to Stafford, call them the Stafford Texans. And if you didn't want to play for Stafford, leave your ass in Houston...

The New England Patriots used to be the Boston Patriots. And the California Angels used to be the Los Angeles Angels. So what?

Tax revenue?

And expenditures. Taxpayers in Harris County paid for our new stadiums. If tax payers in Ft. Bend, Montgomery or Brazoria counties were willing to foot those bills I'd be thrilled.

The way I see it -- Dallas gets a football stadium and a Tarrant County city ends up paying for a large part of it. Seems like a good deal to me.

Edited by dalparadise

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Even though the futility, silliness, and otherwise absurdity of your argument regarding geographical portions of sports franchise names has been exposed, you still continue to argue. . .AMAZING! :wacko:

If it really means that much to you, and others (which apparently it does because of your unwillingness to accept the obvious, post, after post, after post), feel free to forward a letter to Jerry Jones asking him why the Dallas Cowboys are named the Dallas Cowboys. . .although, after reading many of your posts, I don't think second-guessing billionaires' business decision would be a forte of yours. I will tell you, and it should be obvious, that municipalities (city, county, state) can choose to financially support a stadium. However, an owner will name his team what he pleases. Generally speaking, If you think it's stupid, wrong, or embarrassing for a sports franchises to bear the name of a city, county, or state that the team's stadium is not located, then your problem is with the owner(s). If you have a specific problem with the Dallas Cowboys' non-inclusion of the city where Jerry Jones' Stadium is built, then your problem, my friend, is with Jerry Jones (and formerly Tex Schram). After all, it is his, as well as every other sports team owner(s)' decision as to what he will name his team, and where he will build his stadium if he owns the stadium (Houstonians didn't have the ultimate decision making power on where any of the sports franchisees' stadiums were located. They were simply given the option of voting to fund the construction, unlike Dallas voters, by the way).

However, if I were you, I'd focus more on the topic of this thread. . .the Houston Texans. You might get more satisfaction from petitioning the Texans' ownership to bring in a new team, and encourage them to make better drafting decisions. The Texans suck! That's a plain and simple fact (so i can't be starting a flame war). People lie. . .numbers don't. Look at the record.

However, if I were you, I'd focus more on the topic of this thread. . .the Houston Texans. You might get more satisfaction from petitioning the Texans' ownership to bring in a new team, and encourage them to make better drafting decisions. The Texans suck! That's a plain and simple fact (so i can't be starting a flame war). People lie. . .numbers don't. Look at the record.

I can't believe it! You and I actually agree about something. :P

Let's get off this argument, it's pointless.

If you have a specific problem with the Dallas Cowboys' non-inclusion of the city where Jerry Jones' Stadium is built...

I don't think any of us have a problem with the fact Dallas doesn't have an NFL, MLS or MLB team...we just find it amusing that you get so defensive. :lol:

Just worry about hosting Super Bowls,while teams in actual contention do something about playing in them. B)

I'm not chiming in on the juvenile argument you guy's are having, I'm simply stating that the Cowboys don't have a prayer, and that has nothing to do with being biased.

I'm not chiming in on the juvenile argument you guy's are having, I'm simply stating that the Cowboys don't have a prayer, and that has nothing to do with being biased.

Just some good ol' in state rivalry going on.For me its COWBOYS first,Texans second.I cheer for Houston,just not when they are playing Dallas.

Couldn't get the Texans game up here in Wyoming, but did watch one hell of a Cowboy game, they now have a two game lead in the NFC East. Gramatica made a clutch last second field goal to win it 23-20. Caught part of the Saints game, Bush had 4 touchdowns, the Saints are rolling pretty good. Glad the Texans pulled it off, whatever it takes a win is a win. Wish I could have got the Titans game up here, that had to be a good game beating the Colts. Looking at the game board looked like a lot of interceptions and fumbles from both sides. Oh well great games in the NFL this week end. Texas teams kicked ass even the ex-Texas teams and the neighbor over on the Big Muddy.

Have to admit Romo can pull it off in the clutch....

Edited by Mark F. Barnes

Yeah yeah yeah and in 1962 the Dallas Texans beat the Houston Oilers 20-17 in double overtime for the AFL Championship, if you are gonna tell the story tell it all.

There's no "story" to tell. Someone was asking if the Oilers ever played on Thanksgiving and I answered the question.

Then there's the insinuation that the Oilers never won anything. And I answered that.

Furthermore, the Dallas Texans haven't belonged to Big D...for some many decades. So Mr. Barnes, if there's a story for you to tell, tell it all.

Couldn't get the Texans game up here in Wyoming, but did watch one hell of a Cowboy game, they now have a two game lead in the NFC East. Gramatica made a clutch last second field goal to win it 23-20. Caught part of the Saints game, Bush had 4 touchdowns, the Saints are rolling pretty good. Glad the Texans pulled it off, whatever it takes a win is a win. Wish I could have got the Titans game up here, that had to be a good game beating the Colts. Looking at the game board looked like a lot of interceptions and fumbles from both sides. Oh well great games in the NFL this week end. Texas teams kicked ass even the ex-Texas teams and the neighbor over on the Big Muddy.

Have to admit Romo can pull it off in the clutch....

Beleive me, you didn't missed nothing. They were horrible. If it wasn't for special team kick returner, Mathis. The score should have been closer.

Besides, Raiders had 8 attempts in Texans red zone and got push back by pentiles, and their kicker missed 3 field goals. So, do the math. Raiders should of came away with a victory today, easy.

VINCE YOUNG TITANS BEAT CLOTS!!!!!! 20-17.

I know this is off topic, but damn! They beat the Clots! Titans won 3 striaght games so far. If they keep it up they may get a wild card at 9-7.

Take that Texans!

In the AFC, no. But Vince Young did to something that Carr could not do in five years...beat the Colts.

Beleive me, you didn't missed nothing. They were horrible. If it wasn't for special team kick returner, Mathis. The score should have been closer.

Besides, Raiders had 8 attempts in Texans red zone and got push back by pentiles, and their kicker missed 3 field goals. So, do the math. Raiders should of came away with a victory today, easy.

But the didn't. It was not a pretty game, but the Texans got the job done, in a bad fashion. Carr only at 32 yards passing (only 14 attempts).

Well, at least we're moving in the right direction. We won a game "in spite" of David Carr. I can officially hop on the bandwagon now, I do not think Carr is the future of the Texans. He is not good enough in many ways and he is not improving under Gary Kubiak. Oh how I wish Rosenfels hadn't broken his hand!

Texans won the game, but no thanks to Carr. They didn't even throw the ball the second half, they just ran the ball. All the scoring was by the kicker. 23-14 final score.

This was a battle of the losers, cause they both sucked on each side.

Looks like your Cowgirls squeaked by though Semislow, so I am sure you are happy about that. <_<

.......and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle, so you do the math. Raiders lose and my Texans win, so just go suck it, you cheesy closet Cowgirl fan. I don't care if the waterboy was QB'n the team, a win is a win, no matter how ugly YOU might think it is. The defense played the way they should, unlike last week's 2 minute drill disaster. Our kicker didn't kick for 23 points so shove that B.S. statement right up your little heiny-hole. Just do what you do best and keep rootin' for your Cowgirls, and leave the commentary on the Texans for their REAL fans.

Edited by TJones

.......and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle, so you do the math :lol: . Raiders lose and my Texans win, so just go suck it, you cheesy closet Cowgirl fan. I don't care if the waterboy was QB'n the team, a win is a win, no matter how ugly YOU might think it is. The defense played the way they should, unlike last week's 2 minute drill disaster. Our kicker didn't kick for 23 points so shove that B.S. statement right up your little heiny-hole. Just do what you do best and keep rootin' for your Cowgirls, and leave the commentary on the Texans for their REAL fans.

nmg hands TJ the valium and offers semi a one-way Greyhound ticket to Irving. :P

Hey, Gary. Where your excellent quarterback at now? Carr is looking a rookie all over again. He fumble 3 times already in the first half.

Carr is history next year, and you can mark my word on that.

Well if you watched the game you would have noticed that Oakland was all over Carr the entire game. The Texans are also short three starting O-lineman which was obvious yesterday.

If you would get over your 5 year old mentality for a few minutes, you would understand that Carr is a physically gifted quarterback. Of course he has questionable leadership skills, but he at least deserves a line to prove he can handle the game mentaly. Until that happens no one knows what he's capable of.

VINCE YOUNG TITANS BEAT CLOTS!!!!!! 20-17.

I know this is off topic, but damn! They beat the Clots! Titans won 3 striaght games so far. If they keep it up they may get a wild card at 9-7.

Take that Texans!

The Clots, who the hell is that?

If you think the Texans will reach .500, you should get your head out of Uranus.

That was genious troll, I mean 713. Funny thing about your post was that i never mentioned the Texans going .500. :P