One has to admit VInce showed that he has the field generalship that it takes to make it in the NFL. Just an instance when a veteran receiver was not improvising his route correctly, Vince gestured to him in no uncertain terms to pay attention and "Look at me". That's the leadership coming out in him. A player can have a rocket launcher arm run a 9.0 100 yd dash and not make it because he's weak inside the helmet. I think this kid has got the right stuff. He never got rattled with 12:13 left in the game, down 21 points and went to work and took care of business. Yes the Giants blew a lot of plays and gave them the opportunity to win, but they still had to make good of those opportunities which they did. He gets an A+ this week for sure, and it's only going to get better.

I agree with your assessment of Young's head, he's a good leader already. That being said, running qurterbacks simply don't win Superbowls. Of course one day I'll be wrong about that, but until we have a runner with good fundamentals, it won't happen.

Kubiak has so much on his plate that needs attention immediately, it's hard to single out anyone here. It's just going to take time, like it or not, it's not going to happen overnight, it's just that bad. There is going to have to be some crafty trades made and some great draft picks made. Let's quit bitchin' about who was a better draft pick last year, the cards have been dealt. You can bet your ass Kube drafts a high impact player in the next draft, someone to get the spark going, they will also hit the free agent market heavy. Wouldn't be surprised to see a big name receiver hit the roster soon.

Good post.

I just don't get any sense of toughness out of Carr, and toughness is something you've got to have. He reminds me of Danny White, White was fundamentally a solid quarterback, but lacked the toughness of a true leader. White put up the numbers, he just could never finish it. Carr gives me that feeling. I may be wrong, and I hope I am, the Texans have a lot tied up in him, and I am afraid if they were to try and trade him, they'd get squat, there's not a lot to bargain with. It's kinda like buying that sports car you thought you needed, and it's depreciating daily, and the trade in sucks. You upside down on the payments and you just got to tough it out. There's no lemon law in the NFL.

I agree. Carr has got very good skills but needs to get his head staright. I did notice that he was pretty strong for the two games following his being benched, but he's dropped off a little since. Kubiak made mention that when he (Kubiak) came to Houston, Carr didn't know how to prepare for a game. That was very odd, and it also showed how inept the former coaching staff was. However, Kubiak thought enough about Carr to giv him the big contract, and not pick Young. I for one trust Kubiak, so I'm going to be patient this year and look forward to a .500 season next year.

Edited by Gary

Maybe because we actually have an MLB and NFL teams that play IN Houston? Maybe if Dallas got their own teams.... :P

BTW, when do the Irving Cowboys move to their new stadium in Arlington? :D

Maybe the Texans should get a pro team to go with the pro affiliation before you make that statement.

I know the Rangers arent great but since this is somewhat an NFL thread,the real argument here is the COWBOYS football team is Greater Than Houstons.

Bob McNair as a owner I think he don't what the hell he's doing, I swear he don't. He will end up selling the franchise to another billionaire in Texas.

The Texans in 5 years went to sugar to sh**. They should of save money by just keeping Dom Capers as head coach and have a new offense coordinator. Texans are the worst team again in the AFC, and probably 4th or 5th in the NFL.

When will this franchise learn? Next year? I doubt it. They may show a little improvement, but no playoffs.

For Kubiak? He's just a press box coach. He's just copying off of Bronocs head coach, Mike Shanahan. Thinking he could bring the same concept to Houston, wrong. Another couple years Kubiak will follow Capers on looking for a job. Next!?

3-13 for this year!

Edited by houstonsemipro

Bob McNair as a owner I think he don't what the hell he's doing, I swear he don't. He will end up selling the franchise to another billionaire in Texas.

The Texans in 5 years went to sugar to sh**. They should of save money by just keeping Dom Capers as head coach and have a new offense coordinator. Texans are the worst team again in the AFC, and probably 4th or 5th in the NFL.

When will this franchise learn? Next year? I doubt it. They may show a little improvement, but no playoffs.

For Kubiak? He's just a press box coach. He's just copying off of Bronocs head coach, Mike Shanahan. Thinking he could bring the same concept to Houston, wrong. Another couple years Kubiak will follow Capers on looking for a job.

There you have it folks, the Texans are doomed throughout eternity. And being that semipro is an obvious expert on the game of football, I vote that we start a letter campaign to Bob McNair to bring in semipro as a consultant. Who know's he may be coach in a year or two.

There you have it folks, the Texans are doomed throughout eternity. And being that semipro is an obvious expert on the game of football, I vote that we start a letter campaign to Bob McNair to bring in semipro as a consultant. Who know's he may be coach in a year or two.

Gary, to give semi some credit, he is second to last place in his Fantasy Football League, so cut him a little slack will ya ?! -_-

I hope we get Michael Turner from San Diego in the offseason. If we offer San Diego enough money, he can come in. He is the back up the LT, and can start for almost any team in the NFL (save for five). We could have won the game, but dropped passes hurt us a lot. The Titans win was handed to them, though. If that one guy had just tackled Vince Young, the Giants would have won. Someone had yelled out ball, so he let go of him, but Vince still had the ball. Without that play, the Titans would be 3-8.

Oh and 713 to 214, where do you get all of this hate from? Just from the Cowboys beating the then 3-7 Bucs, you think that Dallas (should be Irving) is the greatest city of all time. All this stuff about Houston wanting to be world class so they have to have a pro franchise is stupid. They had to the city's prestige, and that is it. Houston has enough prestige that Dallas will never have (hosted two Super Bowls, was hand picked by the U.S., Olympic Committee to re-bid for the 2016 Olympics, made it to the U.S. Final Four in 2000). The Dallas (Irving) Cowboys have won five championships, but that is it. The team that one those trophies in the 90's were full of thugs and cracC heads.

Maybe the Texans should get a pro team to go with the pro affiliation before you make that statement.

I know the Rangers arent great but since this is somewhat an NFL thread,the real argument here is the COWBOYS football team is Greater Than Houstons.

Well, we do have a pro team with pro affiliation [one and the same in the NFL book] and it does actually play in Houston. But I'll agree, the Irving Cowboys are the better team even if Dallas is too emabarrased to host them in their city. GO ARLINGTON!!! :P

Oh and 713 to 214, where do you get all of this hate from? Just from the Cowboys beating the then 3-7 Bucs, you think that Dallas (should be Irving) is the greatest city of all time. All this stuff about Houston wanting to be world class so they have to have a pro franchise is stupid. They had to the city's prestige, and that is it. Houston has enough prestige that Dallas will never have (hosted two Super Bowls, was hand picked by the U.S., Olympic Committee to re-bid for the 2016 Olympics, made it to the U.S. Final Four in 2000). The Dallas (Irving) Cowboys have won five championships, but that is it. The team that one those trophies in the 90's were full of thugs and cracC heads.

:lol: Too funny :lol:

I belong wherever I damn please, son. Shut up and take some act right.

Anyhow, Texans Rosenfels, Flanagan out for the season! Damn! When the sh** hits the fan, it really does. The sorry Texans signed former Denver quarterback Bradlee Van Pelt.

Meanwhile, Texans vice president of operations Dan Ferens has resigned. Ferens, a salary cap expert, who has negotiated Texans contracts since their inception, has returned to his home in Pittsburgh where he grew up and spent 15 years working for the Steelers.

General manager Rick Smith said Ferens resigned for personal reasons.

^^^ Yea, right. He resigned because he's tired of being around a bunch of losers.

Link... http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4362691.html

Edited by houstonsemipro

I belong wherever I damn please, son. Shut up and take some act right.

Anyhow, Texans Rosenfels, Flanagan out for the season! Damn! When the sh** hits the fan, it really does. The sorry Texans signed former Denver quarterback Bradlee Van Pelt.

Meanwhile, Texans vice president of operations Dan Ferens has resigned. Ferens, a salary cap expert, who has negotiated Texans contracts since their inception, has returned to his home in Pittsburgh where he grew up and spent 15 years working for the Steelers.

General manager Rick Smith said Ferens resigned for personal reasons.

^^^ Yea, right. He resigned because he's tired of being around a bunch of losers.

Link... http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4362691.html

Chill out, it was just a joke.

The Texans. Believe it or not, the texans don't have the worst NFL record, and are tied with other NFL Teams. Some of the Texans loses were decided by seven points or less.

Actually, I say Ohio State :lol: 4 realz! The Buckeyes are a well-oiled machine, with strong linemen and coaching on both sides. The Texans have a first-year head coach whose staff are still trying to adapt, plus the team is just starting a building process. Hate to say it, but the Buckeyes are way more experienced with each other than the Texans are. I say over half their team is NFL ready, too.

Indeed. All anyone remembers about SB38 was Janet Jackson's boob.

Oh i see, i thought it was the Californian Raisins concert performing on her torso. :blush:

Edited by Marty

Here's you some more memories:

Cowboys 52

Oilers 10

Cowboys 10

Oilers 0

Cowboys 37

Oilers 7

Cowboys 17

Oilers 10

.................................W....L...T.....PF.......PA

Overall vs. Dallas......5....7...0....210.....280 ------->(This includes them in Tenn. since you added it above)

Just to put it all in perspective!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember the games from '82 and '85.

In '82, Giff Nielsen threw an 82 yard something bomb to someone to give the Oilers a 7-0 lead. Then it was all down hill from there.

In '85, Danny White seemed to have a tough time trying to beat the horrible Oilers.

But in all, the Oilers have played the Cowboys tough historically and we all know that. It's not that much of a one-sided history.

And that one game in 1994 when the Cowboys won 21-17...the Cowboys fans' reaction to that one is still so comical to this day. At least true Oiler fans were still on their team's bandwagon as long as they put up a good, tough fight despite losing practically all their Pro-Bowlers. But the 'Boys' showed how mostly bandwagon their fans are even after a tough win.

But looking at the future, Texans are at least tied with the Cowboys 1-1. We'll get those 'Boys next time and get up 2-1.

TEams historically will rise up for certain games, no matter how horribly they are playing during the year. A perfect example is last week's defeat of the Texas Longhorns by the Aggies. Major upsets happen when Goliaths underrate their Davids on the playing field.

Hmm. I wonder if the David Carr bashers would ponder the idea of having Tony Romo here instead. Maybe Rivers or Brees too while they're at it.

They'd have Andre J as the only primary weapon with a still befuddled and beleaguered O-line, incapacitated running game and defense still figuring it out (though improving)...yep, any of those guys will have everything pretty as daisies with the Texans. Touchdown bombs galore, light up the scoreboard!

(Gosh, to be on the Cowboys' bandwagon right now.)

They already talking about 2007 Draft. If Texans lose the rest of their remaining games they may have a chance on getting Brad Quinn, the highly ranked quarterback from Notre Dame. If the Texans do so, they might trade David Carr for another high

The Texans will not pick a QB in next years draft. If they did, I'd vote to bring Casserly back. <_<

The Texans need a defensive backfield, defensive line, offensive line, and a running back before a QB. David Carr is an excellent quarterback. Yes his leadership is in question, but you don't go 22 for 22 and have one of the highest passer ratings in the league (and that with a crappy line) and not have skill. We've got to give Kubiak another year to mold Carr, and hopefully make a run at the playoffs in year three.

Of course it doesn't hurt Carr that he's locked into a new contract either.

Oh hell naw! David Carr is not even close on being an excellent quarterback. If you wanna talk about excellent quarterbacks let's talk about Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Bret Frave. Carr not even on the radar on being an excellent quarterback. He's good, but not exceelent.

Carr judgement is totally off, he thinks too much. If you don't see nobody open common sense run. Carr didn't throw a touchdown pass in 20 quarters the media said. That's 5 games. The only reason that he threw a touchdown pass in Jets game cause Jets spread out their defense in the 4th quarter. Even Kubiak mention toward the media that we still have to work on Carr's vision. I can not see Carr taking Texans to playoffs, if he does I won't be living to see it. A new quarterback have to step in and lead this team in the right direction.

I'm really crying inside on why the Texans passed up Vince Young.

Speaking of Vince Young. This man is going to be even better next year, the Titans going to be better. Texans still got their hands full next year in their division, cause each team will get better.

Watch out for the Titans. They will be goint to the playoffs very soon.

Edited by houstonsemipro