The Cowboys/Redskins game was one of the strangest ending's I've ever seen. Dallas gave that one up. Romo has my props, though.

To the team that actually matters: the Texans. Even though we lost, that's a game the Texans can be proud of. And Jeremy Shockey got JACKED UP!!!! Straight up! We'll be seeing that TD hit on Sportscenter, believe that!!

The Texans franchise remind me of the Oilers. They also didn't do as much as the Texans are doing now, until that someone, that special someone came alone and help the franchise and that was Earl Campbell.

Texans need that special someone to get them over that hill. Who could it be? I don't know. But, I'll tell you this. This franchise is slowly going down the toliet, slowly but surely. Every year for 5 seasons has been an losing season for this franchise.

For instance, look at the new soccer franchise, Houston Dynamos. This is their first year in Houston and they going to the MLS CUP. Great going guys. People want to see winners, not losers every weekend.

If the Texans don't straighten up their act on the field, you will see less and less people attending football games. I know I wouldn't won't to go see losers every weekend and I'm spending my money.

Beat it Mr. Fairweather. Hardly anyone even thought the Texans would be in after the first quarter. I thoroughly enjoyed yesterdays game, even if it was a losing effort. They showed heart, those that actually ever played the game with it, know what it looks like. Comparing the Dynamos ? I now have to put you into the realm of the "Plastics" of the world. You talk nothing but nonsense. -_-

I bet you think your Dallas Cowboys got "robbed" yesterday also, don't you.

Edited by TJones

Beat it Mr. Fairweather. Hardly anyone even thought the Texans would be in after the first quarter. I thoroughly enjoyed yesterdays game, even if it was a losing effort. They showed heart, those that actually ever played the game with it, know what it looks like. Comparing the Dynamos ? I now have to put you into the realm of the "Plastics" of the world. You talk nothing but nonsense. -_-

I bet you think your Dallas Cowboys got "robbed" yesterday also, don't you.

I to enjoyed yesterday's game. As Red said, the defense is starting to look respectable. Oh, and the Cowboys game? I found it to be hillarious. Owens blew a for sure TD and this was after he was once again screaming at parcells to give him the damn ball. :lol: Then for the o-line to collaps when the best kicker in the game is up showed a complete lack of heart. I feel sorry for Parcells.

I love all this discussion of the COWBOYS on the TEXANS thread.

The COWBOYS are in trouble.Romo has a good game and they couldnt seal the deal.

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

T.O. - "Give me the damn ball!"

T.O. - "Whoops."

T.O. - "Give me the damn Stick-um!"

RedScare - :lol::lol::lol:

stickumlrg.jpg

Edited by RedScare

Actually, the Texans and Dynamo could be a fair comparison, see that both teams are playing early Sunday afternoon :) We got the Texans at 11am on CBS, then the Dynamo play the internationally televised MLS Cup on ABC at 2:30pm in Dallas. Go Houston!!

Actually, the Texans and Dynamo could be a fair comparison, see that both teams are playing early Sunday afternoon :) We got the Texans at 11am on CBS, then the Dynamo play the internationally televised MLS Cup on ABC at 2:30pm in Dallas. Go Houston!!

Yeah, I know EVERYONE here at work is all "giddy" about the MLS cup. <_< They can't wait to talk about it around the watercooler on Monday.

^^ Soccer is probably the number 2 sport (behind football) that kids play when they are young. Once the are adults, they seem not to care (in the great America of course).

From what I've heard about America, soccer's more played by America's kids than football. (Probably because it's easier to set up than football with pads and all.)

From what I've heard about America, soccer's more played by America's kids than football. (Probably because it's easier to set up than football with pads and all.)

Lot more broken bones by kids playing soccer every year than full contact football now. The main reason why MOMS wanted their kids to play Soccer was because it wasn't AS brutal. :wacko:

I will however concede that there are alot more American Football related deaths per year than Soccer, so I guess the trade off is worth it. Not tryin to knock Soccer, those guys are in serious shape. Just that playing the game carries on with you into the Armchair years. I like indoor soccer though, lots of action, I think the number one killer of Soccer for me is that it takes too long to score a goal, and the field is far too large.

Edited by TJones

Yeah, well guess what, I'm listening to Jags radio through NFL.com field pass and everybody on the Jags radio is crying. They asking each other "Why can't we beat the freaking Texans", They are pissed and I'm loving it. Nice guarenteed win Fred Taylor.

By the way, Kris Brown needs to be left in Jacksonville, he was their most valuable player today.

Edit: To our advantage, the Titans lost today after having a 26-7 lead on the Ravens. We are third in the AFC South.

Edited by Trae

I love the Texans. It's so great to have just a regular crappy team instead of the WORST team in the nfl, like last season. I know that came out sounding sarcastic. But I'm serious, 3 wins right now feels pretty good to me. Last season was a nightmare. This season the Texas have a spark. Lots and lots (and lots) of room for improvement, but at least you aren't CERTAIN that they will lose a game, like you were last year. At least the Texans are worth paying some attention to again.

A win always puts me in a good mood. Happy win day to all!

Edited by Coaster

Kudos once again to the Texans, Dynamo, and Rockets this Sunday!!

In terms of the Texans, they've already bettered their record from last season with today's win. You can see them improving each week on both sides of the ball. They'll need a few more seasons to develop into a "dominant" team, but that coaching staff deserves a lot of credit.

Next thing though: they need to pull off some wins against a .500+ team or two. We'll take any W we can get, but to be the best, you gotta beat the best. We're SUPPOSED to beat teams like the ones we have, but let's beat someone outside of Florida this season :P

Breaking news on Local 2 - apparently he was stopped for no front license plate. When asked for his driver's license he became argumentative, and allegedly pushed an officer, at which point his partner tased him.

Is this why he's called an offensive linebacker? I don't know much about football.... :D

link to article

• 2 weeks later...
I love all this discussion of the COWBOYS on the TEXANS thread.

The COWBOYS are in trouble.Romo has a good game and they couldnt seal the deal.

GO COWBOYS!!!!!

How you feeling now? Last week they beat the "unbeatable" colts and they are now beating the tar out of the Bucs. Tuna is feeling his oats today.

HOW 'BOUT DEM COWBOYS?!!!!!!!!!!!!

o.k., in an effort to keep my post on topic. . .did the Oilers ever played on Thanksgiving day?

BUT, before you answer. . . HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS?!!!!!!!!!

As a matter of fact, the NFL Oilers played 3 Thanksgiving Day games. All three games were against the Dallas Cowboys. The Oilers won EVERY game.

What about them cowboys?

As a matter of fact, the NFL Oilers played 3 Thanksgiving Day games. All three games were against the Dallas Cowboys. The Oilers won EVERY game.

What about them cowboys?

Thanks for the statistic. My money was on YOU to come up with the info the whole time.

You know, it's too bad Bud Adams up and moved the team to Tennessee and renamed it the Titans, because the City of Houston wouldn't build him a new stadium. It's the reason I think the City said yes to every other stadium request after that (Reliant, Enron. . .oops Minute Maid, Toyota), no matter what the cost. . . never wanting to feel that embarrassing feeling of being abandoned/spurned by yet another professional sports franchise. After all, we all know how much Houstonians (falsely) believe that having a professional sports franchise, or a professional sports stadium, for that matter, somehow bestows upon them the "world class" city status that Houstonians so desperately long for.

Thanks for the statistic. My money was on YOU to come up with the info the whole time.

You know, it's too bad Bud Adams up and moved the team to Tennessee and renamed it the Titans, because the City of Houston wouldn't build him a new stadium. It's the reason I think the City said yes to every other stadium request after that (Reliant, Enron. . .oops Minute Maid, Toyota), no matter what the cost. . . never wanting to feel that embarrassing feeling of being abandoned/spurned by yet another professional sports franchise. After all, we all know how much Houstonians (falsely) believe that having a professional sports franchise, or a professional sports stadium, for that matter, somehow bestows upon them the "world class" city status that Houstonians so desperately long for.

Certainly not ALL Houstonians believe that, but enough of them to approve $1 Billion in stadium bonds. I admire Los Angelenos for not being held hostage by the NFL. And, though Laura Miller has many faults, cratering to Jerry Jones strongarm tactics is not one of them.

So, I suppose Arlington will be a "world class" suburb in a few years, huh?

So, I suppose Arlington will be a "world class" suburb in a few years, huh?

World class suburb?!!!......lol You know what? Sadly, some of the people who voted for the thing actually believe that. You know, when you're so desperate for legitimization (like Houston/Arlington was/is) you'll do things that defy logic to be noticed by others. It's like when one kid sees another getting "too much" attention. He/she will intentionally injure his/herself if it brings them the attention they want at the time.

I wouldn't exactly throw Houston and Arlington in the same boat. During my 7 years in Fort Worth, Arlington always struck me as being stuck in some kind of creepy 70s time warp. However, on the subject of defying logic to draw attention, all cities do it. New York and Chicago had their skyscraper war, Paris built what at the time was considered a hideous tower. Houston built a domed stadium, then when that became passe, returned with a couple of convertible tops. Dallas is about to spend $130 million to build some bridges over the Fort Worth municipal sewer. They are even talking about spending a ridiculous sum of money to upgrade the Cotton Bowl just to keep ONE football game a year.

Don't kid yourself. Every city does it, and the second and third tier cities come up with some of the worst. When all is said and done though, if the citizens of that particular city believe the expenditure improves their looks or quality of life, who are we to blame them. I'm not paying Arlington's taxes, so if they want to spend $650 million dollars so that John Madden will occasionally say "Arlington, Texas" on national TV, more power to them.

I wouldn't exactly throw Houston and Arlington in the same boat.

You stated it yourself. . .a BILLION dollars in stadium BONDS!?! That statistic, my friend, speaks for itself.

Now back to the Texans, and the people of Houston who do things that defy logic. How did it feel when the Texans lost to the Titans? How did it feel when the team that used to be yours, but moved away, beat you in your "world class" retractable roof stadium, with one of the very first rounders you passed on. . .Vince Young. . . . .the homegrown Houstonian/UT & National allstar, who stated time and time again, that he wanted to come and play for Houston. I know how the rest of the country felt about Houston when they saw the highlights of that game. ;-)

I had no feelings whatsoever, since the game was played in Tennessee. Additionally, Vince Young did not win the game, he merely did not lose it. A quick look at the stats will reveal that Mr. Young is ranked either 34 or 35th in virtually every QB category.

But, most importantly, you mistake me for someone who cares. My life does not revolve around a game that has more TV time spent on advertising than actual play, as apparently yours does. I don't spend my Sunday in front of the TV. As a former resident, you know that we wait all year for this weather. I'm not wasting it either in a parking lot next to Reliant Stadium, nor in my living room. Last week, I spent it installing an outdoor electrical outlet. The two weeks before that, ripping out carpets to get to my wood floors.

I'm no longer in my 20s. I don't care about the NFL (though I am going to watch UH at Robertson Stadium on Friday.) That is why I said I admired the residents of Los Angeles. They collectively shrugged their shoulders at the NFL.

I liked that. :P

I had no feelings whatsoever, since the game was played in Tennessee. Additionally, Vince Young did not win the game, he merely did not lose it. A quick look at the stats will reveal that Mr. Young is ranked either 34 or 35th in virtually every QB category.

But, most importantly, you mistake me for someone who cares. My life does not revolve around a game that has more TV time spent on advertising than actual play, as apparently yours does.

Well, as for my life revolving around a football game :rolleyes: . . .I'd like to state that you're the one who knows what city the Titans-Texans game was played, in addition to Vince Young's stats. However, as far as obsessions go, I will state that with over 4700 posts on this message board, within about a year and a half's time. . .far above and beyond, second place midtowncoog's number of posts, and about at least 1,000 posts above even the moderators. . .I'd say that your life does revolve around your computer and HAIF.

My suggestion to you is you should get out more. Hey, I have a great idea. . .buy a ticket (online of course) for you and your lady friend (I'm assuming that you have one) and go check out the Texans' next home game.