Heh. Although, I think that's become an issue as well. More than a few people think that some of the early success is staring to get to the Texans players this year, including David Carr, who seemed to welcome all the attention that his "hair" received to start the season.

And I do think the Texans have issues with playcalling. Meanwhile, it's pretty cool that every TV announcer who comes to Reliant Stadium to call a Texans game starts the broadcast off with something like, "Welcome to beautiful Reliant Stadium" or "Welcome to the brand new showpiece of the NFL, ladies & gentlement, the magnificent Reliant Stadium."

It would really be nice if they said that during a Texans playoff game. Heh.

Empirio,

we don't think you're a moron, you've put in a number of posts that have been quite thoughtful for the most part. It's just that when you get in a tizzy about certain aspects of life, you seem to throw all that eloquence out the window and it makes you seem less intelligent than you actually are.

at least, that's my PERSONAL opinion.

Ricco

Alot of fans think the same. They do expect texans to make it to the playoffs this year. They have a good enough team to make it, but poor coaching staff. Read the article dude, before talking.

look, there are a lot of fans who don't think they are good enough to make the playoffs. they do have good players on that team but not all of the missing pieces needed to stack up with teams like the patrioits,eagles , falcons,steelers, etc...was the play calling conservative in the second half? no. what people don't understand is that the texans don't have a runing game and that's what's killing them. they ran the ball in the second half to keep the defense honest. being one dimensional just makes it easier for the defense to get in the nickel or dime defenses to shut your passing game down. look at the teams that are headed to the playoffs.what do they have that we don't have. a good defense and a successful running game. the Texans aren't ready yet. tha's knowing football.

• 3 weeks later...

David Carr needs to sack up and fast. Maybe Roethelisburger (sp) in Putzburgh will light a fire under his buttocks. He's still making rookie mistakes, although put him behind the Pat's or Steeler's line and I think we see a different man,

But what do I know, I only get to see 1 or 2 games including TV/radio/internet up here.

It's nopt David Carr's fault, it's the lineman they the ones not blocking for the man. They watch tapes of the Clots throughout the week, and they know what the Clots is going to do. The defense is another issue, the secondary is wreak. Aaron Glen cornerback, he's old 12 years in pro. He is slow reacting toward the ball carrier, and he's not making big plays like an pro bowler should be, so I say he needs to retired and let somebody young and could get to the ball carrier on time.

Roethelisburger quaterback for the Steelers really don't show me nothing, he's a rookie, yes, and he's doing good cause he already have vetern team leading him on, DUH! Roethelisburger step into a gold mine that's all as a rookie. If David Carr had a vetern team like the Steelers, David would be doing the same thing as Roethelisburger taking them to the playoffs. Now take Roethelisburger and let him be the quaterback for the Texans, I bet he do the same crap David Carr is doing.

Heh. Although, I think that's become an issue as well. More than a few people think that some of the early success is staring to get to the Texans players this year, including David Carr, who seemed to welcome all the attention that his "hair" received to start the season.

And I do think the Texans have issues with playcalling. Meanwhile, it's pretty cool that every TV announcer who comes to Reliant Stadium to call a Texans game starts the broadcast off with something like, "Welcome to beautiful Reliant Stadium" or "Welcome to the brand new showpiece of the NFL, ladies & gentlement, the magnificent Reliant Stadium."

It would really be nice if they said that during a Texans playoff game. Heh.

Wasn't that said during the Super Bowl? :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Do y'all think the Texans make it to the postseason in 2006?

My thoughts. I think so.

I think they can if they get a pass rush and the cornerbacks are as good as they potentially can be this year then they have a shot at taking out the Colts.

Hopefully also they open up the offense a bit more. Jerome Mathis could be interesting as he is a burner that can contribute right away on special teams and potentially could help the offense a lot.

Oh yeah, and the RB position needs to stay healthy and deliver. And don't forget the OL needs to protect.

Wow, I just raised a ton of question marks, but I still believe!

To help ease your pain, jp. The Texans brought in vertern tackle from the Saints, Victor Riley, and now they brought in a 2-day visit for a look-see free agent tackle L.J. Shelton from the Cardinals.

They have more OL (rookies) on their roster. But, we will find out really by the first two games in the regular season if they ready, or not to go dancing in the postseason.

• 2 months later...

Did y'all see the preseason game against Denver tonight? Did y'all like what y'all seen? Cause to tell you the turth they look like last year's team to me. I wasn't impress by the offense, the defense was okay, still needs work.

They kept the first team in there for only a series. What? Only one series? That's right. David Carr drove the team down the field at the 1 year line, and couldn't go in. They tried 4 downs, still couldn't go in.

Ummm. Is this going to be a repeat of last year? If so, you could say bye bye to Dom Capers and the gang, cause their gone.

My prediction for the Texans this season, 7-9 or 8-8.