More NEWS!

The Texans are looking to sign DE Mario Williams from North Carolina State, as he visits Houston today. And yes, they will still sign Reggie Bush.

???

How is that possible? Mario Williams is the top defensive prospect college. Doesn't Williams have to be drafted first, and if the Texans drafted him, it would have to be with the 1st pick in the draft, meaning we would lose Bush. In what scenario could we get both next season?

I don't know what the deal is on that. But, I'm hopeing that they get Bush, they don't need another DE.

I'm convinced we're taking Bush, because the Texans would be on crack if they didn't take'em. I think the bigger question should be who the Texans would be able to steal in the later rounds, because I think we may be drafting two stars, possibly three if lucky. Now that Houston has all their needed positions filled up with veteran free agents, they'll only be drafting the highest talent available, regardless of position, making this draft a REALLY rewarding draft. I predict Bush, one more dude on offensive line, and two top defensive prospects in rounds 1-4.

Do you think the Texans needs to get another vertern DB and trade, or cut Phillip Buchanon? Cause remember, Buchanon lost his job to Demarcus Faggins last season. Buchanon has speed, but his coverage STINKS!

I say they need another vertern DB, and maybe another OT.

Edited by houstonsemipro

The Texans, because they have the first pick, can talk to and negotiate with those players they might draft. They can even sign one before the draft. Talking to Mario Williams is a safety valve, to let Bush know if he is too expensive, the Texans could draft someone else....but, I doubt anyone is buying it. :lol:

If the Texans passes up Bush and Young for a DE Mario Williams. I'm going to be MIGH-TY PISSED!!

Wouldn't blame you. A DE can't win the game. A defensive line can. And Bush has the biggest chance at giving the Texans what they need, especially when you see who we already got in free-agency. If the Texans are smart, we're hold off until next year to draft a DE as the Texans' 1st round pick. Mario Williams is good, but not drafting him is not the end of the world. We already got a defensive line of former Pro-Bowl veterans.

Not drafting Bush would be mindless. Young is a great player, and also the next big thing, but he's only a QB. You can't have him and Carr on the field at the same time, so it would be a waste of talent. I REALLY want to see Young on a different team, like the Titans, where he can play more, and can show his value.

Get Bush, have Coach Kubiak creating a variety of plays involving both him and Davis, and I'm convinced we have a Super Bowl worthy team next year and long-term. Hell, let Bush and Davis switch out. Having them fresh on the field can only mean good things. And if Carr doesn't have what it takes, trade him later. But I'm convinced he has skill, and will have his best season.

Wouldn't blame you. A DE can't win the game. A defensive line can. And Bush has the biggest chance at giving the Texans what they need, especially when you see who we already got in free-agency. If the Texans are smart, we're hold off until next year to draft a DE as the Texans' 1st round pick. Mario Williams is good, but not drafting him is not the end of the world. We already got a defensive line of former Pro-Bowl veterans.

Not drafting Bush would be mindless. Young is a great player, and also the next big thing, but he's only a QB. You can't have him and Carr on the field at the same time, so it would be a waste of talent. I REALLY want to see Young on a different team, like the Titans, where he can play more, and can show his value.

Get Bush, have Coach Kubiak creating a variety of plays involving both him and Davis, and I'm convinced we have a Super Bowl worthy team next year and long-term. Hell, let Bush and Davis switch out. Having them fresh on the field can only mean good things. And if Carr doesn't have what it takes, trade him later. But I'm convinced he has skill, and will have his best season.

TRADE CARR TO WHOM DJ? For if he ever gets that bad that the TEXANS should be forced to trade him......who will want him? And just what on earth shall we receive in turn.........? For everyone knows that there is just not a PANTRY FULL OF GOOD QUARTERBACKS left to eat........

For weeks now, we have been sitting back here and glancing at you and semipro discuss this profound topic of "reggie bush this, and whoever and whatever that", till we are all STEELBLUE in the face.

Don't you guys realize that there is just no way that us REAL TEXANS will allow this "cardinal and mustard area code carrying acorn" to exist peacefully within the confines of our MAGNIFICENT CITY! FOR THIS TERRITORY BELONGS TO VINCE YOUNG! Haven't you gentlemen been paying attention to the latest polls throughout the city? The rb is indeed lagging everywhere......especially since the last time I looked.

Everybody knows the parent company of the rb,(ESPN FLUNKY UNIVERSITY) is inded doing everything that they possibly can to muster up support for their primary course of "reggie bush fajitas" the very same way that they did throughout the months leading up to the ROSEBOWL.........AND OF COURSE THE MAGNIFICENT TEXAS LONGHORNS ATE VERY WELL THAT NIGHT, now didn't they........?

......reggie bush in Houston, come on guys.....for you surely have got to be kidding us.......RIGHT? VINCE YOUNG IS COMING HOME....

Metropolitantexan

Don't you guys realize that there is just no way that us REAL TEXANS will allow this "cardinal and mustard area code carrying acorn" to exist peacefully within the confines of our MAGNIFICENT CITY! FOR THIS TERRITORY BELONGS TO VINCE YOUNG! Haven't you gentlemen been paying attention to the latest polls throughout the city? The rb is indeed lagging everywhere......especially since the last time I looked.

Oh my, "lacking objectivity" would be an understatement.

I hate to tell you but most Texans fans that I talk to (those with true football minds) understand that VY isn't the best option for the Texans. Also, if VY is wanted by everyone, why is he slipping so fast in the draft?

I know it's a losing argument with a longhorn, but just b/c VY wore burnt orange doesn't make him a god. Great college quarterbacks can't always perform well in the NFL, it's a different game. And the poles couldn't be more opposite when comparing the offense that VY ran at Texas with an NFL offense. If you follow this line of thinking, Matt Leinart is much more of a sure thing in the NFL.

Oh my, "lacking objectivity" would be an understatement.

I hate to tell you but most Texans fans that I talk to (those with true football minds) understand that VY isn't the best option for the Texans. Also, if VY is wanted by everyone, why is he slipping so fast in the draft?

I know it's a losing argument with a longhorn, but just b/c VY wore burnt orange doesn't make him a god. Great college quarterbacks can't always perform well in the NFL, it's a different game. And the poles couldn't be more opposite when comparing the offense that VY ran at Texas with an NFL offense. If you follow this line of thinking, Matt Leinart is much more of a sure thing in the NFL.

OH MY, INDEED! One just cannot help but wonder.....just who indeed are the TEXANS FANS that harbor the "true football minds" that you seem to be speaking with........? .......couldn't by chamce be Dom Capers and his former staff, could it.....?

YOU HAVE NOT RELAYED ANYTHING, THAT WE DON'T ALREADY KNOW.....OR HAVEN"T HEARD!

But please ProHouston, allow me the courtesy of presenting this query........."do you by chance work for ESPN"? If your answer is YES.......then please release the band of reggies jock strap.......for he could use the extra support........and if your answer is a resounding NO......the please, just SHUT UP!

Our Native Son is Coming Home......

Metropolitantexan

Our Native Son is Coming Home......

Metropolitantexan

I try not to be an 'I told you so' type, but in this case, I promise to make an exception. On april 29, I will post all of your best quotes and mock you relentlessly, as you have tormented us for 3 months.

It should be fun. :lol:

I try not to be an 'I told you so' type, but in this case, I promise to make an exception. On april 29, I will post all of your best quotes and mock you relentlessly, as you have tormented us for 3 months.

It should be fun. :lol:

US! Oh no RS........please don't tell me that you are one of the one's that are harboring those SHOCKING BELIEFS.......no way RS.........no, not you too............no RS.........no

THE BURNT ORANGE SUNSET IS BEAMING!

Metropolitantexan

If the Texans don't draft this guy with their all-but-guaranteed Number One pick, the NFL should revoke Bob McNair's franchise.

http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/sports...bush-video.html :o

Sorry, Vince. Hometown hero or not, the Texans need this guy more.

Ever since December 8, Metro. Consistently. :lol:

Get ready. Only 17 more days! ;)

Oh, BTW. Since my whole family went to NC State, I wouldn't mind seeing Mario Williams in a Texans uniform, either. My blood runs Wolfpack Red, as well. That's where my handle came from. :lol:

Edited by RedScare

But please ProHouston, allow me the courtesy of presenting this query........."do you by chance work for ESPN"? If your answer is YES.......then please release the band of reggies jock strap.......for he could use the extra support........and if your answer is a resounding NO......the please, just SHUT UP!

Nope, I don't work for ESPN. I just have some common, every day objectivity. BTW, your posts are doing nothing to bring VY or Texas any elevated respect. I doubt you'd understand the reasoning behind that. I'll just sit back and see what you come back with next...

Oh, and I guess LaMarcus Aldridge will be going #1 in the NBA draft too, right? Or is that only if the Rockets have the first pick?

Edited by ProHouston

TRADE CARR TO WHOM DJ? For if he ever gets that bad that the TEXANS should be forced to trade him......who will want him? And just what on earth shall we receive in turn.........? For everyone knows that there is just not a PANTRY FULL OF GOOD QUARTERBACKS left to eat........

For weeks now, we have been sitting back here and glancing at you and semipro discuss this profound topic of "reggie bush this, and whoever and whatever that", till we are all STEELBLUE in the face.

Everybody knows the parent company of the rb,(ESPN FLUNKY UNIVERSITY) is inded doing everything that they possibly can to muster up support for their primary course of "reggie bush fajitas" the very same way that they did throughout the months leading up to the ROSEBOWL.........AND OF COURSE THE MAGNIFICENT TEXAS LONGHORNS ATE VERY WELL THAT NIGHT, now didn't they........?

......reggie bush in Houston, come on guys.....for you surely have got to be kidding us.......RIGHT? VINCE YOUNG IS COMING HOME....

Metropolitantexan

Trade Carr for a draft pick if he can't perform. However, I think he can, and that's why I think Reggie Bush is the best pick for the Texans.

MTX, I'm a DIE-HARD Vince Young fan, and I'm an even more DIE-HARD Longhorns fan, but you seem to be forgeting that Vince Young's not the only badass Longhorn in the draft. Besides, how much can Vince Young do in Houston trying to lead a team trying to rebuild from a 2-14 season? He needs to be in a place where there's already a structure and veteran coaching staff in place, so he can jump in, learn quicker, and excel. Hell, Gary Kubiak is head coach for the first time here, so he might as well work with Carr (who's still young) and have something to work with.

Vince Young not playing for the Texans wouldn't make me any less of a fan of him. He needs to be on a team where the talent can work with him. The Texans can't offer that for at least another two years with more moves.

Nope, I don't work for ESPN. I just have some common, every day objectivity. BTW, your posts are doing nothing to bring VY or Texas any elevated respect. I doubt you'd understand the reasoning behind that. I'll just sit back and see what you come back with next...

Oh, and I guess LaMarcus Aldridge will be going #1 in the NBA draft too, right? Or is that only if the Rockets have the first pick?

YOUR POST REEKS OF ARROGANCE! But for what it's worth proHouston, somehow, I sincerely think that you are a good guy, with a good heart.......for I have indeed read many of your prior post.........

NEVERTHELESS, I simply do not need for my any of my post to bring an "elevated respect" to any entity regarding the MAGNIFICENT TEXAS LONGHORNS.........for simply, the name "TEXAS" is already built upon a GRANITE ROCK OF RESPECT!

LaMarcus Aldridge, should stay his overly ambitious behind in school. To not only finish his education, but to also help guide THE MAGNIFICENT LONGHORNS to their first basketball championship respectively.

Hey great pal, I simply find it amazing that you seem to be so LOADED WITH COMMON EVERYDAY OBJECTIVITY.......but yet you seem to harbor the audacity to underestimate my integrity........ well now, I guess that I will be the one to just sit back and see just what you will come up with next........

HOUSTON, IS VINCE YOUNG COUNTRY!

Metropolitantexan

Edited by Metropolitantexan

We all will look stupid if the Texans don't draft either one (Young or Bush). Instead they draft Mario Williams.

Metropolitan, come on man! You and I know the Texans is not going to draft Young. Why draft Young, and the Texans just made deal with Carr to sign him $8 million for 3 more years? BTW, they also got the vetern quarterback from Miami to backup Carr, so you do the math. Young is out of the running. The only two in the running now is Bush and Williams, but I hope they pick Bush.

Edited by houstonsemipro

Trade Carr for a draft pick if he can't perform. However, I think he can, and that's why I think Reggie Bush is the best pick for the Texans.

MTX, I'm a DIE-HARD Vince Young fan, and I'm an even more DIE-HARD Longhorns fan, but you seem to be forgeting that Vince Young's not the only badass Longhorn in the draft. Besides, how much can Vince Young do in Houston trying to lead a team trying to rebuild from a 2-14 season? He needs to be in a place where there's already a structure and veteran coaching staff in place, so he can jump in, learn quicker, and excel. Hell, Gary Kubiak is head coach for the first time here, so he might as well work with Carr (who's still young) and have something to work with.

Vince Young not playing for the Texans wouldn't make me any less of a fan of him. He needs to be on a team where the talent can work with him. The Texans can't offer that for at least another two years with more moves.

ARE YOU FANTASIZING DJ? For simply the gargantuan sums of money that the TEXANS are paying DC, just accepting a draft pick is not going to sit well with the fans of Houston. For please believe me when I state that we have indeed seen it all , upon these same tired related issues nonwithstanding........

JUST WHAT ON EARTH, MAKES YOU THINK THAT THE TEXANS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR OR THE NEXT? As you have so eloquently stated, this team is building from a 2-14 national laughingstock, into a new mode of respectability.......and this just does not come overnight........for VINCE YOUNG does indeed have his place upon this team, when he is indeed selected with the first pick.........just like all of the other rookies upon this upcoming draft. DJ, please do not forget that not only is Caoch Kubiak a veteran coach, he also a highly respected quarterback guru.........

I have absolutely no problem allowing DC to prepare himself towards respectability under the tutelidge of Coach Kubiak........but I for one, and along wth legions of HOUSTON TEXANS fans, certainly want to see VINCE YOUNG standing along the sidelines, learning and preparing to takeover and lead us to the next level indeed........WINNERS DO THOSE SORT OF THINGS, YOU KNOW!

Metropolitantexan

Metro, I think your not reading my posts. The Texans are not going to spend alot of money on Vince Young to be sitting on no damn sidelines, get it through your head, please! I rather see Young at the Titans were he will get playing time, cause IF he do come to the Texans he will not see playing time as long Carr under the center and healthly.

I see right now some of y'all can not be GM's. y'all team go under the first year. Spend your money wisely by selecting Bush.

You (metro) and alot of other Vince Young fans will be disappointed when the draft comes.

The Texans are not going to spend alot of money on Vince Young to be sitting on no damn sidelines, get it through your head, please!

:lol:

I believe what GM Semipro is saying is, why have expensive VY on the sidelines, when they can have expensive Reggie Bush running up and down the field?

By my watch, you have 16 more days to talk smack, Metro. And then I rain derision and burnt orange insults down upon your head! :P:P:P

Edited by RedScare

Metro, I think your not reading my posts. The Texans are not going to spend alot of money on Vince Young to be sitting on no damn sidelines, get it through your head, please! I rather see Young at the Titans were he will get playing time, cause IF he do come to the Texans he will not see playing time as long Carr under the center and healthly.

I see right now some of y'all can not be GM's. y'all team go under the first year. Spend your money wisely by selecting Bush.

You (metro) and alot of other Vince Young fans will be disappointed when the draft comes.

I have been glancing.......reading........and definately rolling my eyes at yours and DJ's post for several weeks now semipro........MY GOD! For even Ray Charles, as well as Stevie Wonder, could SEE what you two have been writing in regards to the upcoming draft.........it's just that, it is nothing that we have not seen or heard before..........ANY ORIGINALITY?

I AM A REAL TEXAN! For I hold firm to my convictions........VINCE YOUNG IS INDEED A WINNER........and he will WIN BIG WITH THE TEXANS!

Metropolitantexan

Edited by Metropolitantexan

:lol:

I believe what GM Semipro is saying is, why have expensive VY on the sidelines, when they can have expensive Reggie Bush running up and down the field?

By my watch, you have 16 more days to talk smack, Metro. And then I rain derision and burnt orange insults down upon your head! :P:P:P

GM SEMIPRO = HILARIOUS!

I am most certain that even the man on the moon knows by now, just what he is saying RS.......please remember the very first word spoken upon the moon.........HOUSTON!

RS, you know that deep within your heart of hearts, that the MIGHTY VY should indeed be the first pick of the TEXANS............for I am indeed SHOCKED that you have somehow started the meltdown dance ..........and have allowed yourself to join the turncoats.......for as a season ticket holder yourself, you should know that the VY is indeed so badly needed to turn things around upon that 2-14 national laughingstock.......

reggie bush, looked like a dryed up prune the night of the ROSEBOWL........somehow, I for one still do not believe he really knows who actually won...........but I think that he will indeed OPEN HIS EYES UPON HEARING VY'S NAME BEING CALLED AS THE FIRST PICK......

Metropolitantexan