Cause Mario Williams is not a Heisman Trophy winner like Reggie Bush. The Heisman winner always be 1st round draft pick.

There would be a Bush vs Young debate if that were the case :)

Oh, good news, Semipro. There's a new job opening for you. Didn't see this coming...

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/disp/story...nt/3735547.html

Well, I have some good news and bad news. Bad news first. Ike Hilliard re-signed with the Bucs, so that still leave the Texans empty on a receiver slot.

Good news. The Texans have signed Jeb Puzier(TE) from Broncos. In addition, former Miami center/guard Seth McKinney (younger brother of guard Steve McKinney), visits the Texans. They're also bringing in New England guard Stephen Neal on Wednesday.

Gaffney was asked what he thought about the Eagles organization.

"It's totally different from Houston," he said. "The couple of times I've come around here, seeing how close-knit they were and the facilities, it's totally different. This is a real organization, and I'm happy to be a part of it."

"It'll make a world of difference," he said. "Carr was thrown in as a rookie and was sacked a bunch of times. He was kind of gun-shy back there, trying to get rid of the ball quickly, and a lot of times that didn't even work. Being here, with a proven Pro Bowl quarterback, a good line and a great offensive system with great players everywhere will make a world of a difference."

"That was real tough," he said. "If you were on the road, a lot of times, before you even got into your routes, you heard the crowd cheering because they got another sack. Or, if we were at home, they (fans) would start to boo. It got frustrating."

"It was real tough," he said. "It was a new experience for me. I had never been on a losing team, never been on an expansion team. I had a lot thrown at me at once, and it's helped me a lot. I know that side and how that feels. I never want to feel like that again."

Link... http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3739841.html

Edited by houstonsemipro

Gaffney was asked what he thought about the Eagles organization.

"It's totally different from Houston," he said. "The couple of times I've come around here, seeing how close-knit they were and the facilities, it's totally different. This is a real organization, and I'm happy to be a part of it."

"It'll make a world of difference," he said. "Carr was thrown in as a rookie and was sacked a bunch of times. He was kind of gun-shy back there, trying to get rid of the ball quickly, and a lot of times that didn't even work. Being here, with a proven Pro Bowl quarterback, a good line and a great offensive system with great players everywhere will make a world of a difference."

"That was real tough," he said. "If you were on the road, a lot of times, before you even got into your routes, you heard the crowd cheering because they got another sack. Or, if we were at home, they (fans) would start to boo. It got frustrating."

"It was real tough," he said. "It was a new experience for me. I had never been on a losing team, never been on an expansion team. I had a lot thrown at me at once, and it's helped me a lot. I know that side and how that feels. I never want to feel like that again."

Link... http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3739841.html

Didn't sound like a "rip". Sounded more like the truth. Everything he said made perfect sense. I'd be fustrated if I were on a losing team, and he's right about Carr thrown in as a rookie and the Texans as a whole. It's not like he said "screw them". What was wrong or offensive about what he said?

It may be true, but you don't tell an organization about another organization business, you just don't do that crap. When your previous job fire you, and you get interviewed by another job. Are you going to tell them the negtaivtly you went through? No, you try to keep that to yourself, or go around it the best way you can.

Don't let those words come back and bite you on the ass, Gaffney, cause remember Texans do play Eagles this season.

Edited by houstonsemipro

Semipro is kind of right. Overall, Gaffney wasn't out of line... what he said was true, and it is frustrating to any athlete (remember, you have fans blaming Gaffney and the other receivers for not racking up big yardage when half the time Carr is running for his life before they can even finish their route). However, the "better organization" part kind of slipped out of his mouth without thought. If he had it to do over again, and with some advising, he wouldn't have added the comment.

Plus, Gaffney's a fellow Gator. Gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. :)

It may be true, but you don't tell an organization about another organization business, you just don't do that crap. When your previous job fire you, and you get interviewed by another job. Are you going to tell them the negtaivtly you went through? No, you try to keep that to yourself, or go around it the best way you can.

Don't let those words come back and bite you on the ass, Gaffney, cause remember Texans do play Eagles this season.

Who cares, Gaffney was a nobody here and the Texans are a nothing franchise, he's right. The only reason anyone is writing anything about them is they have the number 1 pick in the draft. Meanwhile, Casserly still has his job, the Texans haven't signed one meaningful free agent yet, and the OL is still a joke. Seriously, who cares what Gaffney had to say? The best thing they have done so far is hire Kubiak, but that isn't the only problem this team has. Also, its sports, not the corporate world, and Gaffney isn't exactly the first person to do this in pro sports.

As a point of comparison, and a reason why you should not do this, Terrell Owens is saying the exact same things, only he is saying it about the EAGLES, the very team that Gaffney says is a great organization.

If Gaffney wants to be compared to TO's off-field personality, he is taking the correct path. The question is, why would he want to imitate TO's off-field behavior?

C'mon, man. Now I got one question. Was he just sprouting out, or was he ASKED an honest question? 'Cause I think he was asked. It's like asking Ben Affleck if he's proud of Gigli. Can't expect him to lie and now say "it's the best work I've ever done, and I'm proud to have worked with J-Lo's big as...um..jello", when the whole world voted it as the worst movie of that year. It's also like asking a former Enron employee how they now feel about the corporation. I wouldn't expect a "no comment".

The Texans, let's face it, was the worst team in the NFL last year record-wise. Gaffney and the Eagles, just like Affleck and the former Enron employees, can learn from their past experiences. Neither Gaffney nor the Texans organization should be proud of the overall results of last season, and both are working to improve. Part of that will be having to acknowledge that year instead of keeping it in the closet, and doing something about it, which they are.

Let 'em talk.

Well, I have some good news and bad news. Bad news first. Ike Hilliard re-signed with the Bucs, so that still leave the Texans empty on a receiver slot.

Good news. The Texans have signed Jeb Puzier(TE) from Broncos. In addition, former Miami center/guard Seth McKinney (younger brother of guard Steve McKinney), visits the Texans. They're also bringing in New England guard Stephen Neal on Wednesday.

Okay, three fun questions for ya...

Say the Texans had the team they have now with the free agents they've signed. Think on paper that they'd be a playoff contender? And would your answer change if the Texans drafted Bush or Young? And third, what's the Texans' worst position right now (on paper)? :)

I was thinking. What about the Texans get both, Young and Bush? Their first round pick is Bush, so what about trading Carr for Young in the 2nd, or 3rd round pick? Just a thought.

Extremely doubtful. I predict Young being drafted to Tennesee as the 4th overall pick at the latest. Matt Leinhart, top 5 as well.

I think for the Texans' 2nd round pick, we have a chance at the next big thing, and we'll get lucky. LenDale White, or a former Longhorn perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...

So far the Texans signed these free agents...

1. Fullback - Jameel Cook

2. Middle linebacker - Sam Cowart

3. Center - Mike Flanagan

4. Defensive end - N.D. Kalu

5. Linebacker - Zeke Moreno

6. Tight End - Jeb Putzier

7. Quarterback - Sage Rosenfels

8. Wide Receiver - Kevin Walter

9. Defensive end - Anthony Weaver

10. Guard - David Loverne

- Wide Receiver - Eric Moulds(agreed to the new contract, but Texans must make a deal with Bufflao for a fourth, or fifth round pick)

- Wide Receiver - Jermone Pathon(Texans showing interest)

Edited by houstonsemipro

So far the Texans signed these free agents...

1. Fullback - Jameel Cook

2. Middle linebacker - Sam Cowart

3. Center - Mike Flanagan

4. Defensive end - N.D. Kalu

5. Linebacker - Zeke Moreno

6. Tight End - Jeb Putzier

7. Quarterback - Sage Rosenfels

8. Wide Receiver - Kevin Walter

9. Defensive end - Anthony Weaver

10. Guard - David Loverne

- Wide Receiver - Eric Moulds(agreed to the new contract, but Texans must make a deal with Bufflao for a fourth, or fifth round pick)

- Wide Receiver - Jermone Pathon(Texans showing interest)

Good grief!!! Looks like thet Texans are going for ALL-TALENT for the draft picks.

Quick question: If the Texans were to draft Bush, is there a way for both Bush and Davis to be on the field at the same time, or is that unrealistic?

That is not unrealistic, DJ. It depends on the new playbook to allow two runningbacks on the field together. Quite sure the Texans have plans for Bush and Davis to step on the field according what playbook they have instored.

Remember, Bush also can play receiver slot. So, in that case they could have Bush playing slot, and have Davis in the backfield.

Edited by houstonsemipro

That is not unrealistic, DJ. It depends on the new playbook to allow two runningbacks on the field together. Quite sure the Texans have plans for Bush and Davis to step on the field according what playbook they have instored.

Remember, Bush also can play receiver slot. So, in that case they could have Bush playing slot, and have Davis in the backfield.

I think you've just proven why Bush deserves to be drafted

JUST IN...

The Texans are close on grabbing Eric Moulds. Eric Moulds agreed to a $14 million four-year contract with the Texans, which included a $5 million signing bonus. But, the Bills want a fouth round pick, the Texans offering them a fifth round pick instead. If the Bills don't come up with a agreement with a fifth round pick the Texans are offering, they may lose Eric Moulds for nothing.

Futhermore, the Jemone Pathon rumor, is just that, a rumor. The Texans denied about pursuing Jemone Pathon, but instead they're pursuing the six year vertern linebacker, Wali Rainer from the Lions.

Stay Tune.

Edited by houstonsemipro

JUST IN...

The Texans are close on grabbing Eric Moulds. Eric Moulds agreed to a $14 million four-year contract with the Texans, which included a $5 million signing bonus. But, the Bills want a fouth round pick, the Texans offering them a fifth round pick instead. If the Bills don't come up with a agreement with a fifth round pick the Texans are offering, they may lose Eric Moulds for nothing.

Futhermore, the Jemone Pathon rumor, is just that, a rumor. The Texans denied about pursuing Jemone Pathon, but instead they're pursuing the six year vertern linebacker, Wali Rainer from the Lions.

Stay Tune.

After we get Moulds and if we draft Bush, I'd say on paper that we have a Super Bowl team