Yeah your right. Bush only had 82 yards rushing and 95 yards in receptions, just terrible.

Seriously, everyone knows Bush had an off night and still he contributed almost 200 yards total.

Don't forget the 102 return yards on 5 touches.

279 yards of offense...what a piece of crap he is. :blink:

I understand that the euphoria of a national championship has everyone tooting Young's horn. He had an unbelievable game. I also know the Texans have a very capable AND expensive QB already...and Carr and Young can ONLY play QB.

Bush averaged 6.3 yards a carry Wednesday night. He only carried the ball 13 times. He's also a receiver and a return man. Lots of bang for the buck, at a position that won't break the salary cap.

Before you talk Young, do your research on how the Texans can afford to pay him and Carr AND everyone else. Otherwise, it is a dumb move.

I found myself hoping the Horns would stop him at every angle. They contained him, to a point, I happen to be on the Bush bandwagon now though. Vince is an awesome player, Bush is more versatile. We supposedly have a great QB already, maybe Carr will EXPLODE with Bush in the backfield. Red, you and nmain are gonna hate it though, you'll actually have to cheer on a guy named Bush ! :D I don't see Vince coming out, he is smart, I think he'll get his edumucation and get PAID next year. He is the King of Austin, hard to give that up. But, money does strange things to people.

Edited by TJones

TEXANS JOKE OF THE DAY!

2006 TEXANS SCHEDULE

September 14................Taft Junior High School

September 21...............Cub Scout Troop #101

September 28................Houston Blind Academy

October 05.................Spanish American War Vets

October 12................ Crippled Children's Home

October 19............... Montgomery Mental Hospital

October 26................ Girl Scout Troop # 353

November 02.................Texas Venereal Disease Clinic

November 09.................Sugarland Boys Choir

November 16.................Korean Amputees

SPECIAL MONDAY NIGHT GAME

December 08..................Cypress Gay Boys Club

** RULE CHANGES FROM LAST YEAR **

1 - When playing polio patients, the Texans must not disconnect knee

braces.

2 - When playing the Blind Academy, the Texans must not hide the

football

under their jerseys.

** RULES THE SAME FROM LAST YEAR **

1 - A touchdown (this is when the ball is carried over the goal line

for

all

you Texans fans that have never seen this) it is still worth 6 points.

2 - The Texans will be allowed 20 men on the field at all times.

3 - The Texans will be allowed to substitute with band members at

anytime.

4 - The Texans will be awarded 10 timeouts as opposed to 3 for the

opposing

team.

5 - The Texans will be awarded a first down with each gain of three

yards

or

more, instead of the usual ten yards.

** NAME CHANGE **

The Houston Texans will be changed to the "Houston Tampons" as they are

only

good for one period and have no second string.

** COACHING CHANGES **

Dom Capers will be replaced by Monica Lewinsky. She will no doubt blow

a

few, but she certainly won't choke on the big ones!!!

• 1 month later...
As y'all may heard by now. Reggie Bush, nor Vince Young coming to the Texans. The Texans plans on trading their first round draft pick (bush). NFL teams have heard about the trade and buzzing Bob McNair's phone.

I'd B MAD as ever if that's true. We need VETERAN linemen, not a leader straight out of college. We need Reggie Bush with our current roster to give us that offensive explosion! Then trade sign free agent linemen and defensive backs if needbe. What the hell would the Texans be thinking?! Would they be trying to get the first pick in the 2007 draft too?

by the way houstonsemipro, where did you hear that?

Edited by DJ V Lawrence

Calm down, DJ. This is another example of semipro not reading before he writes. The Texans said they will listen to all offers, as any intelligent person would do. They did not say they are trading the pick, only listening to offers.

As you might guess, it would have to be a blockbuster deal before they would give it up.

Texans just released three players...

QB Tony Banks

RB Tony Hollings

FS Marcus Coleman

You heard that QB Tim Couch has been trying out for the Texans?! Former Cleveland Browns starter. That's why I'm pretty sure Kubiak wants Bush. If Couch is healthy, he'd be a pretty kickass backup :)

Add to that list, Gary Walker has been released.

Oh, by the way, DJ. Here's another article about trading first round pick. It's all over the web... http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/kentu...kentucky_sports

I think Casserly is only saying that to make the media and the NFL squirm. It's obvious they'd take Bush over Young or a trade, simply because that's what the Texans need from the draft. I think if they let the cat out the bag and said " we're going to draft this guy" months before the draft actually happened, there'd be no reason to wonder what the Texans would do, there'd be less publicity on the Texans, and the entire NFL would easily be able to plan on who they would draft to be better than the Texans.

I think the front office knows EXACTLY what they're going to do, but are playing strategy. If I'm right, I must say that the front office is VERY smart. (no one I can think of in the draft can immediately improve the Texans like a healthy Reggie Bush or LenDale White).

My opinion about this. Do the Texans needs another top ranked RB? No. Do they need a top ranked QB? No. Do they need lineman(on both sides)? Hell, yes!

LenDale White will suit Texans better then Reggie Bush.

Wells, Morency, Davis and add LenDale White to the roster? I say two thumbs up! Why spend a great deal of money on one player just for a name?

I'll say, trade Bush to NY Jets and spend the money where there's greater needs.

My opinion about this. Do the Texans needs another top ranked RB? No. Do they need a top ranked QB? No. Do they need lineman(on both sides)? Hell, yes!

LenDale White will suit Texans better then Reggie Bush.

Wells, Morency, Davis and add LenDale White to the roster? I say two thumbs up! Why spend a great deal of money on one player just for a name?

I'll say, trade Bush to NY Jets and spend the money where there's greater needs.

I like both USC RBs. They both can explode through defenses. Bush's downside:he's small. Bush's upside: his speed. I think either way, you can't lose. Many are saying Bush can make more plays than White, though.

EVERYBODY's gonna be drafting offensive players in the 1st round. There will be plenty of talented linemen to choose from in the 2nd, 3rd rounds. I agree that the Texans need linemen on both sides, but trade Bush for money? I disagree, because with endorsements and ticket sales, his name and results will probably make the same money. Might as well draft Bush, AND sign as many talented linemen we can via free agency. (The Texans already have the money to do it.) I think the Texans are worth almost a billion dollars already.

Have you heard about the salary cap issue the NFL teams having this year? There's a couple of teams saying they don't know how they're going form a team this season especially, Washington Redskins.

The Redskins GM stated in order to meet the salary cap they must release 10-15 players, maybe more.

Teams that will have the most restructuring and slashing are, Oakland Raiders($31million over the cap); the Denver Broncos($22million over); NY Jets($25million over); Kansas City Chiefs($24million over); and the Washington Redskins($23million over).

Teams with the most space under the salary cap include the Arizona Cardinals($23million under); Minnestoa Vikings($21million under); Green Bay Packers($19million under); the Cleveland Browns($18million under); and the San Diego Chargers($17million under).

They also mention the teams over the cap this offseason are going to be squeezed without a new CBA. Teams under the cap the offseason are going to have a huge advantage over the other teams.

And why spend millions and millions of dollars on one player, and you have these top runningbacks that are free agents this year...

Mike Anderson - Denver(6 years)- Gary Kubiak will be looking at this one. Former Broncos, too? Ummm

Jamal Lewis - Baltimore(6 years)

Shaun Alexander - Settle(6 years)

Edgerrin James - Clots(7 years)

DeShaun Foster - Carolina(4 years)

Michael Bennett - Vikings(5 years)

Travis Henry - Titans(5 years)

Dominic Rhodes - Clots(5 years)

Stephen Davis - Carolina(10 years)

Note: My opinion. Mike Anderson, DeShaun Foster, Michael Bennett, or Travis Henry will fit nicely with the Texans.

Edited by houstonsemipro

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I've heard the Cowboys got T.O., too. Oh well, I guess that's a Super Bowl ring for Dallas.

How do you figure? T.O. will self implode the Cowboys just like every other team he's been with. There's no way they make it to the Super Bowl with him and Parcells co-existing.

I was reading on NFL.com that Dallas already talking about Super Bowl, and other people they interviewed said the same thing.

DJ, the Texans looking at this week Sam Cowart(MLB) from Vikings, Ike Hilliard(WR) Bucs, Nate Burleson(WR) Vikings, and Jeb Putzier(TE) Broncos. It would be nice if they try to make a deal with Keyshawn Johnson.

The Texans already signed Kevin Walter(WR) Bengals, Jameel Cook(FB) Bucs, Sage Rosenfels(QB) Miami, and Anthony Weaver(DE) Ravens.

Edited by houstonsemipro

I was reading on NFL.com that Dallas already talking about Super Bowl, and other people they interviewed said the same thing.

DJ, the Texans looking at this week Sam Cowart(MLB) from Vikings, Ike Hilliard(WR) Bucs, Nate Burleson(WR) Vikings, and Jeb Putzier(TE) Broncos. It would be nice if they try to make a deal with Keyshawn Johnson.

The Texans already signed Kevin Walter(WR) Bengals, Jameel Cook(FB) Bucs, Sage Rosenfels(QB) Miami, and Anthony Weaver(DE) Ravens.

Terrell's got skill, and I think he will do well with the team if he and the QB get some good chemistry together. But I don't think you can just guarantee Super Bowl with just one new player. Gotta play defense, too. He won't stay with the team if he EVER blows up on Parcells, and I'm already sure T.O. knows that. He'll be fine. Don't rule out a Texans/Cowboys Super Bowl one day :)

If the Texans get Putzier, and get Burleson and/or Hillard, I think you could easily say playoffs. And that's without even mentioning the 1st pick in the draft. (I'm still sure they'll get Bush). Why is it a lock that the Texans can't draft a defensive player like Mario Williams as the 1st pick? I know defensive dudes usually don't go first in the NFL draft, but is that by law or just because of fear?

I think the only way the Texans get Mario Williams in the 1st round 2nd pick is to trade one of their good players to New Orleans, or trade there 1st round draft pick, and the Texans ain't doing either.

The Texans will select in the first round (1 st overall), second round (33 rd overall), twice in the third round (65 th and 66 th overall) and once each in the fourth (95 th overall), fifth (129 th overall) and sixth rounds (161 st overall).

Texans will not pick in the seventh round, cause they signed restricted free agent Kevin Walter for an offer sheet from the Bengals. Meaning, the Bengals will take the Texans seventh round pick.

Edited by houstonsemipro