I don't care who Texans get in the backfield. If they don't have no good linemens, Bush ain't going nowhere. The things Bush done in College, he won't do in the NFL. These pro-football players going to welcome Bush to the NFL, with a big hit.

Let me tell y'all something. All this hype about Bush, he better do something his first year. I mean, he better rush over 1,000+ yards, and be a Pro Bowler.

But, one good thing. The Cowboys will host Texans this regular season. That means, they will face Bush (if he stay healthly).

Uh, I thought I refered to the O line. Anyone who somewhat follows the Texans know's they need this. And how do you know that Bush won't go anywhere? That's a pretty big statement.

Also, why would it be the end of the world if Bush doesn't gain 1000 yards or make it to the pro bowl? Most certainly he will have high expectations around the league, but to doom him after his first year is a little premature.

I don't care who Texans get in the backfield. If they don't have no good linemens, Bush ain't going nowhere. The things Bush done in College, he won't do in the NFL.

You mean like average of almost 10 yards a carry and have 217.6 all purpose yardds a game - that is almost unheard of. Besides, the linemen do fine with the run now, it's just the pass protection that sucks.

Bush is quick and can outrun DBs, whereas Davis doesn't have the break away speed.

You mean like average of almost 10 yards a carry and have 217.6 all purpose yardds a game - that is almost unheard of. Besides, the linemen do fine with the run now, it's just the pass protection that sucks.

Bush is quick and can outrun DBs, whereas Davis doesn't have the break away speed.

Absolutely right. The Texans have few problems running the ball, if they had Bush in the backfield he would have been awesome. He also would probably have taken some pressure off of Carr which in turn would have made for a much better season.

I don't think Semipro is thinking this through.

I think Semipro is a UT\Vince Young fan. I just hope Bush doen't blow out his knee like McGahee did in his National Bowl Game.

Yeah but I guess that's the chance you take with any franchise player. I think as someone said in this thread, it would be a huge public relations nightmare if we didn't draft Bush.

Edited by Gary

Absolutely right. The Texans have few problems running the ball, if they had Bush in the backfield he would have been awesome. He also would probably have taken some pressure off of Carr which in turn would have made for a much better season.

I don't think Semipro is thinking this through.

I would upgrade that "probably have taken some pressure off" to "definitely have taken some pressure off".

What Semipro fails to realize is that a RB of Bush's caliber upgrades the line by himself. With Bush in the backfield, any defense we face will be forced to key at least one linebacker on him on every play no matter what else happens. That alone buys Carr at least .5 seconds on every pass play. In the NFL a half-second can seem like an eternity. And with Bush in the backfield during running opportunuties, linebackers will be loath to shoot the gaps on us like they do now with the threat of Bush cutting it to the outside. CB's are going to hate to play against us as they will be doing a lot of the tackling with him in the game.

Yeah, one person can't turn around an offense, but Bush can bring a lot more to the table than a low 1st rounder and a couple of 2nd round picks which is about what we would get for him on draft day. The last coach to give up a draft day for a player (ditka - Ricky Williams) was run out of town the next year. Even a draft pick like Bush is not going to get us as many extra draft picks in a trade as you think it will.

Edited by HeightsGuy

I see y'all is really high on this guy, Bush. When he get's hurt. What's going to happen then? Davis will be right back in there as the starter. Don't bite y'all tonuge when he get's injuried.

For one, Houston is a choke city. Yes, it is. The only team in Houston really doing something is, Astros. I wouldn't bet my money on the Texans, but I'll probably bet on Astros.

I told y'all during the 2005 preseason that the Texans sucks, and they're not going to do nothing in the regular season. Some of y'all said, "don't worry about it. It's only preseason." I was right on the money.

I beleive they will be better then last year.

My 2006 season prediction... 7-9 or 8-8.

Edited by houstonsemipro

I see y'all is really high on this guy, Bush. When he get's hurt. What's going to happen then? Davis will be right back in there as the starter. Don't bite y'all tonuge when he get's injuried.

For one, Houston is a choke city. Yes, it is. The only team in Houston really doing something is, Astros. I wouldn't bet my money on the Texans, but I'll probably bet on Astros.

I told y'all during the 2005 preseason that the Texans sucks, and they're not going to do nothing in the regular season. Some of y'all said, "don't worry about it. It's only preseason." I was right on the money.

I beleive they will be better then last year.

My 2006 season prediction... 7-9 or 8-8.

I guess you're a fortune teller. You called a bad season after a winless preseason and you know Reggie Bush is going to get injured for the Texans before he's even declared for the draft. Keep in mind that D. Davis hasn't played a full season for the Texans yet. I'd take Bush over Davis 8 days a week. Not that I don't like Davis but as others have said, Bush will open a myriad of windows for the offense.

Also, don't hate on the Rockets, they've won two championships, they're not chokers. And don't hate on the Texans until they choke.

"Don't bite your tongue when the Texans get to the playoffs..."

"Rockets won two championships." That was decades ago. Hell, look at San Antonio Spurs. They go almost every damn year.

The Spurs is like the Patriots in basketball.

And yes, Davis stay's hurt. But, he still finish off strong and manage to get over a 1,000 yards every season. Let's see Bush could do that.

There's nothing better than waking up and laughing at semipro's posts to get your day going right. The Rockets won in the 90s. I don't think that qualifies as "decades" ago.

Dom Davis finishes strong, huh? I didn't see him in San Francisco. He was in surgery. Semipro is a great example of what happens when you have an answer first, then try to fit the facts to fit your conclusion. You start making arguments backwards.

I'm just glad that McNair kept Charley Casserly. Otherwise, he might have made semipro GM.

It was barely a decade ago that the Rockets won back to back. Semipro is just the stereotypical "fairweather fan". Since semipro is "predicting" things, I'll go ahead and predict that someone gets semipro a copy of "Hooked On Phonics" in the near future. Reading some of his post makes my brain bleed.

edit) Hell, Semipro, I'll let you borrow my copy if you want ?

Edited by TJones

Do y'all think I get mad when y'all talk about me? Hell, naw. y'all can talk bad about me all day, I don't care. But, I speak the truth about things, and so far it comes to reality.

I've got a feeling that the Houston Texans is going to be another Oilers era. Look at the fans last season, they stop going to the games. If the Texans don't do nothing this season, the fans really going to talk bad about them.

Maybe they move to L.A. NFL Commissioner already said he want a NFL team in L.A. by 2008.

Keep losing every season. Bob Mcnair going to find his fanchise on they're way out. (FLASHBACK) '96 Houston Oilers.

I'm glad you don't mind us laughing at you, because this is the funniest quote yet. Texans moving to LA? You bet! Just as soon as they finish out that lease, like the Oilers did...

http://www.hchsa.org/reliant/reliant_named.html

"...the 30-year lease that the Houston Texans and RodeoHouston are negotiating with the Harris County Sports and Convention Corporation."

Oh yeah! They're packing the moving vans as we speak! :lol:

BTW, semipro, paid attendance this year? 70,299, 101.2% of capacity. Oh, and don't forget the waiting list for tickets.

As I sat in my chair last night watching the Rose Bowl for the first time ever. I've finally got a chance to see what everyone was talking about, Reggie Bush. Was I impress? No.

It's alot of Reggie Bushes in the NFL already. Don't get me wrong, he have skills, plus he can catch, but, the Texans already have runningbacks like this guy. Reggie reminds me of the rookie runningback, Morency. Moreover, Reggie is the cause of the why USC lost the game, with the stupid stunt he pulled in the 1st quarter. By watching Bush last night, mentally, he's not ready for NFL. He don't look like a starter in the NFL, that's if he goes to a team that don't have no sort of backfield, and the Texans already have 3 good runningbacks that could start and pull off a win.

Why we need Bush here? Just for the fame? The name?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans look over Reggie Bush, and get the 3rd round pick, D

Edited by houstonsemipro

BTW, semipro, paid attendance this year? 70,299, 101.2% of capacity. Oh, and don't forget the waiting list for tickets.

True, but the stands were half empty which me some loss of revenue.

[

Man, after watching last night, I think we should look hard at this little guy named Vincent Young...

I'm going to pull a Semipro on this comment. I don't think Young will do welll in the NFL - he will be like a Cordell Stewart. This guy is nothing compared to Michael Vick or Cullpepper.

Edited by ToolMan

[

I'm going to pull a Semipro on this comment. I don't think Young will do welll in the NFL - he will be like a Cordell Stewart. This guy is nothing compared to Michael Vick or Cullpepper.

Tool, you're not pulling a Semipro, you're actually saying something pretty close to the truth. Vince is a winner, but as a pro QB it's a gutsy call to pick him. I don't think he will have the passing ability for the NFL without extensive work with a QB guru. He can run better than any current pro QB (even you Vick), but the passing stuff he gets away with in college would lead to an average of 2 INT's a game in the pros. He would have to be taught the pro game first before you could even give him a good evaluation as to whether he could handle it. The Texans don't need another project right now, especially at the QB position. That said, his potential is off the charts.

Edited by HeightsGuy

I disagree, Vince was In-Vince-able last night. He showed that he should have won the heisman. Not to metion it was on the biggest stage. I do agree, that he will have to learn the professional style of game play. But I think that if the Texans drafted him skys the limit. It would be great to have Houston's own Vince Young playing blocks from his old high school. Then we would have a great pitcher from Houston pitching for the STRO's and a great quarterback running the offense of the Texans. The media did say Vince would be better suited as a running back and then he comes out this year and shows he can pass too, albeit it is college not professional.

[

Tool, can you give me the number of your dopeman, that must be some good ____ you are smoking. Vince is every bit the player, if not better, than Michael Vick and Culpepper were at the same point of time in their careers.

Edited by TJones

Here is the Official 2006 NFL Free Agents, and Draft Order.

2006 Free Agents...

Baltimore Ravens

Dale Carter CB

Will Demps FS

Patrick Johnson WR

Terry Jones TE

Ma'ake Kemoeatu DT

Jamal Lewis RB

Tommy Polley LB

Deion Sanders CB

Bart Scott LB

Kordell Stewart QB

Chester Taylor RB

Anthony Weaver DE

Chad Williams SS

Anthony Wright QB

Dave Zastudil P

Buffalo Bills

Justin Bannan DT

Nate Clements CB

Ryan Denney DE

Ron Edwards DT

Shane Matthews QB

Josh Reed WR

Mike Schneck LB

Trey Teague T

Kevin Thomas CB

Cincinnati Bengals

Rashad Bauman CB

Jon Kitna QB

Nick Luchey FB

Anthony Mitchell FS

Reggie Myles FS

Hannibal Navies LB

Ifeayani Ohelate SS

Carl Powell DE

Matt Schobel TE

Tony Stewart TE

Kenny Watson RB

Nate Webster LB

Marcus Wilkins LB

Cleveland Browns

Antonio Bryant WR

Andra Davis ILB

Antwan Harris S

Keith Heinrich TE

Justin Kurpeikis LB

Ray Mickens CB

Billy Miller TE

Kyle Richardson P

Orpheus Roye DE

Orlando Ruff LB

Aaron Shea TE

LJ Shelton T

Ben Taylor LB

Denver Broncos

Sam Brandon SS

Keith Burns LB

Patrick Chukwarah LB

Marco Coleman DE

Ron Dayne RB

Mike Leach LS

Monsanto Pope DT

Lenny Walls CB

Houston Texans

Jason Bell CB

Corey Bradford WR

David Carr QB

Troy Evans LB

Jabar Gaffney WR

Dashon Polk LB

Victor Riley T

Marcellus Rivers TE

Jonathan Wells RB

Indianapolis Colts

Raheem Brock DE

Rocky Calmus LB

Edgerrin James RB

Rob Morris LB

James Mungro RB

David Thornton LB

Larry Tripplett DT

Mike Vanderjagt K

Troy Walters WR

Reggie Wayne WR

Jacksonville Jaguars

Akin Ayodele LB

Deke Cooper SS

Terry Cousin CB

Rob Meier DT

Mike Pearson T

Ephraim Salaam T

Marcellus Wiley DE

Kenny Wright CB

Kansas City Chiefs

Todd Collins QB

Lional Dalton DT

Kendall Gammon TE/LS

Carlos Hall DE

Damon Huard QB

Tony Richardson FB

DeWayne Washington CB

Miami Dolphins

David Boston WR

Jesse Chatman RB

Heath Evans FB

Bryan Gilmore WR

Jason Glenn LB

Stockar McDougle T

Seth McKinney C

Travis Minor RB

Sammy Morris RB

Sage Rosenfels QB

Lance Schulters FS

Kiwaukee Thomas CB

New England Patriots

Troy Brown WR

Matt Chatham LB

Don Davis LB

Tim Dwight WR

Christian Fauria TE

Doug Flutie QB

David Givens WR

Steve Neal G

Chad Scott CB

Michael Stone SS

Adam Vinatieri K

Amos Zereoue RB

New York Jets

John Abraham DE

Chris Baker TE

Scott Gragg T

James Reed DT

Vinny Testaverde QB

Kenyatta Wright LB

Oakland Raiders

Jarrod Cooper SS

Omar Easy FB

Zeron Flemister TE

DeLawrence Grant OLB

Renaldo Hill CB

Corey Hulsey G

Ed Jasper DT

Tim Johnson MLB

Kenny Smith DT

Randall Williams TE

Charles Woodson CB

Pittsburgh Steelers

Charlie Batch QB

Barrett Brooks T

Verron Haynes RB

Chris Hope FS

Clint Kriewaldt LB

Quincy Morgan WR

Antwan Randle-El WR

DeShea Townsend CB

Jermane Tuman TE

Kimo Von Oelhoffen DE

San Diego Chargers

Drew Brees QB

Reche Caldwell WR

Jamar Fletcher CB

Bob Hallen C

Ben Leber LB

Lorenzo Neal FB

Justin Peelle TE

Carlos Polk LB

DeQuincy Scott DE

Tennessee Titans

Tony Beckham CB

Rocky Boiman LB

Justin Hartwig C

Brad Kassell LB

Otis Leverette DE

Kyle Vanden Bosch DE

Tank Williams SS

Arizona Cardinals

Ian Allen G

Obafemi Ayanbadejo FB

Billy Conaty C

James Darling MLB

Russell Davis NT

Quentin Harris FS

James Jackson RB

Eric Johnson LB

Charles Lee WR

Josh McCown QB

Harold Morrow FB

Neil Rackers K

J.R. Redmond FB

Reggie Swinton WR

Raymond Walls CB

Kurt Warner QB

Atlanta Falcons

Keion Carpenter SS

Ty Detmer QB

Erik Flowers DE

Ronnie Heard SS

Kevin McCadam FS

Fred McCrary FB

Todd Peterson K

Kevin Shaffer T

Barry Stokes T

Dez White WR

Carolina Panthers

Jason Baker P

Idrees Bashir S

Todd Fordham T

Rod Gardner WR

Marlon McCree SS

Jeff Mitchell C

Ricky Proehl WR

Kemp Rasmussen DE

Will Witherspoon LB

Chicago Bears

Jerry Azumah CB

Jeff Blake QB

Doug Brien K

Marc Edwards FB

Roberto Garza C

John Gilmore TE

Bobby Gray S

Terrance Metcalf G

John St. Clair T

Dallas Cowboys

Dan Campbell TE

Jose Cortez K

Scott Fujita OLB

Andre Gurode* G

Eric Ogbogu DE/OLB

Peerless Price WR

Anthony Thomas RB

Detroit Lions

Jeff Backus T

Shawn Bryson RB

Jared DeVries DE

Eddie Drummond WR

Kalimba Edwards DE

Vernon Fox FS

Jeff Garcia QB

Andre Goodman CB

James Gutierrez C

Earl Holmes MLB

Kevin Johnson WR

Kyle Kosier T

R.W. McQuarters CB

Wali Rainier LB

Paul Smith RB

Bracy Walker S

Green Bay Packers

Kevin Barry T

Rob Davis LS

Najeh Davenport RB

Tony Fisher RB

Mike Flanagan C

Ahman Green RB

William Henderson FB

Grady Jackson DT

Aaron Kampman DE

Paris Lenon MLB

Earl Little S

Ryan Longwell K

Minnesota Vikings

Micheal Bennett RB

Ralph Brown CB

Kelly Campbell WR

Corey Chavous SS

Sam Cowart MLB

Paul Edinger K

Melvin Fowler C

Ken Irvin CB

Lance Johnstone DE

Keith Newman OLB

Willie Offord SS

Koren Robinson WR

Brian Williams CB

Moe Williams RB

Cory Withrow C

New Orleans Saints

James Allen OLB

LeCharles Bentley C

Fakhir Brown CB

Az Hakim WR

Lamont Hall TE

Sederick Hodge OLB

Darren Howard DE

Micheal Lewis WR

Fred McAfee RB

Ronald McKinnon MLB

T.J. Slaughter LB

Antowain Smith RB

Willie Whitehead DT

New York Giants

Will Allen CB

Tim Carter WR

Kendrick Clancy DT

Nick Greisen LB

Lewis Kelly G

Chad Morton RB

Bob Whitfield T

Philadelphia Eagles

Keith Adams LB

Lamar Gordon RB

N.D. Kalu DE

Darnerian McCants WR

Jon Runyan T

Juqua Thomas DE

Brian Westbrook RB

San Francisco 49ers

Fred Beasley FB

Steve Bush FB

Anthony Clement T

Travis Hall DE

Chris Hetherington FB

Willie Middlebrooks CB

Brandon Moore LB

Joe Nedney K

Julian Peterson LB

Saleem Rasheed LB

Derek Smith LB

Seattle Seahawks

Shaun Alexander RB

Leo Araguz P

Rodney Bailey DE

Kevin Bentley LB

Rocky Bernard DT

Ryan Hannam TE

John Howell S

Steve Hutchinson G

Joe Jurevicius WR

Marquand Manuel S

Maurice Morris RB

Mack Strong FB

Joe Tafoya DE

Peter Warrick WR

Jimmy Williams CB

St. Louis Rams

Adam Archuleta SS

Aveion Cason RB

Terry Fair CB

Micheal Hawthorne FS

Corey Ivy CB

Tyoka Jackson DT

Damione Lewis DT

Brandon Manumaleuna FB

Jamie Martin QB

Chris Massey FB

Andy McCollum C

Tom Nutten G

Ryan Pickett NT

Jeff Robinson TE/LS

Rex Tucker T

Jeff Wilkins K

Roland Williams TE

Matt Willig T

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Juran Bolden CB

Matt Bryant K

Jameel Cook FB

Jeff Gooch LB

Ike Hilliard WR

Chris Hovan DT

Dexter Jackson FS

Dave Moore TE

Todd Steussie T

Ellis Wyms DT

Washington Redskins

Ethan Albright LS

Ray Brown G

Khary Campbell LB

Rock Cartwright RB

Ryan Clark SS

Demetric Evans DE

Warrick Holdman LB

Brian Kozlowski TE

Omar Stoutmire FS

2006 Draft Order...

ROUND ONE

1. Houston

2. New Orleans

3. Tennessee

4. N.Y. Jets

5. Green Bay

6. Oakland#

7. San Francisco#

8. Buffalo

9. Detroit

10. Arizona

11. St. Louis

12. Cleveland

13. Baltimore

14. Philadelphia

15. Atlanta

16. Miami

17. Minnesota

18. Dallas

19. San Diego

20. Kansas City

21. New England*

22. Denver* (from Washington)

23T. Tampa Bay*

23T. Carolina*

25. Chicago*

26. Cincinnati*

27T. Pittsburgh*

27T. N.Y. Giants*

29. Jacksonville*

30. Seattle*

31. Denver*

32. Indianapolis*

NOTE: #Subject to coin flip *Subject to playoff results

Edited by houstonsemipro

The Rose Bowl could have gone either way. I am totally happy that the Longhorns had the testiscular fortitude to not lay down and die at the end. It showed what a winner is all about, BUT, Vince's knee was definately down in the 2nd quarter, and the TD should have been called back, but I think the 'Horns would have made a TD on that possession regardless, so it is a mute point. The USC fullback number 21 showed me something last night though, that cat was like SHAFT, a bad motherBEEP !

On another note, I am glad that you have thick skin there semipro, I just had to poke a little fun, reading your version of text messaging is another reason that makes coming here one of the joys in my so-called life.

(psssssst) semipro, seriously, if you want to borrow my copy of H.O.P. just say the word. Don't tell anyone I wrote this to you, these other "intellectuals" on here don't understand what it's like to be us. ;)

As I sat in my chair last night watching the Rose Bowl for the first time ever. I've finally got a chance to see what everyone was talking about, Reggie Bush. Was I impress? No.

It's alot of Reggie Bushes in the NFL already. Don't get me wrong, he have skills, plus he can catch, but, the Texans already have runningbacks like this guy. Reggie reminds me of the rookie runningback, Morency. Moreover, Reggie is the cause of the why USC lost the game, with the stupid stunt he pulled in the 1st quarter. By watching Bush last night, mentally, he's not ready for NFL. He don't look like a starter in the NFL, that's if he goes to a team that don't have no sort of backfield, and the Texans already have 3 good runningbacks that could start and pull off a win.

Why we need Bush here? Just for the fame? The name?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans look over Reggie Bush, and get the 3rd round pick, D

Edited by Gary