Ladies and Gentlemen! It looks like the Texans may pass up Bush and Young, and go for Mario Williams (DE) as their first round draft.

IF! The Texans choose Williams over Bush this will bite them in the long run. And probably have the same team like last year.

How stupid Houston going to get!?

Tactically, that would be stupid. You'd really want to take the chance at playing against both Bush AND Young at least twice every regular season?

By the way, where did U hear that? Last I heard, no one's guaranteed to be drafted yet

Edited by DJ V Lawrence

I've heard it on the chron.com yesterday and on Channel 13.

This may have been the article U read...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3803210.html

Nothing's set in stone. All we know is that Mario Williams, Reggie Bush, or Vince Young will be drafted, but there's been no confirmation yet, and shouldn't be one until draft-day. And until then, there's no point wondering who we'll draft anymore, because the Texans will be playing these media games until then. It's all tact. They KNOW who they will choose, and want the other teams to think Texan all day to waste their time.

I would do the same thing. Smart move. All this hype just raises the Texans' stock and attention during offseason time.

MetroTexan on Draft Day:

baby.png

MetroTexan today.

Casserly made the announcement last night. As most of us understood, the Texans don't need a quarterback, therefore no Vince Young. VY will now look toward Tennessee, but as Red mentioned in another thread, the UT that Titan fans are interested in is the University of Tennessee, I'm not sure the Titans or their fans are interested in taking VY over Matt Leinart.

MetroTexan today.

Casserly made the announcement last night. As most of us understood, the Texans don't need a quarterback, therefore no Vince Young. VY will now look toward Tennessee, but as Red mentioned in another thread, the UT that Titan fans are interested in is the University of Tennessee, I'm not sure the Titans or their fans are interested in taking VY over Matt Leinart.

Fisher went to USC. I can't see him taking VY over Leinhart (but I think both will be successful in the future). I'm convinced VY's gonna be a Packer. Green Bay will need a standout quarterback after Farve leaves, which should be in a year or two from now.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3828229.html

I'm disappointed. According to the Chronicle, Mario Williams will be drafted. Apparently, our offense needs no help <_<

I had to confirm the report. ESPN's saying the same thing with breaking news...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2426003

(Turns out Houstonsemipro was right. +3500 Cool-Point-Bonus courtesy of the DJ)

U heard it first...

Edited by DJ V Lawrence

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3828229.html

I'm disappointed. According to the Chronicle, Mario Williams will be drafted. Apparently, our offense needs no help <_<

I had to confirm the report. ESPN's saying the same thing with breaking news...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2426003

(Turns out Houstonsemipro was right. +3500 Cool-Point-Bonus courtesy of the DJ)

U heard it first...

As a season ticket holder, this makes me so angry. You don't take Sam Bowie when Michael Jordan is on the board. At least now I know what the VY lovers feel like.

Another losing season for the Texans.

You know, looking at their defense and having Antwaan Peek, Anthony Weaver, AND Mario Willams all rushing the defensive QB, it looks like the most dangerous defensive line in the NFL on paper.

If the Texans don't make a lucky offensive pick-up in the second round, though, I think you're right.

Equivalent to having a winning Powerball Lotto ticket....IN HAND --- Then risking it all in Vegas.

So maybe Super Mario will be good. Lets wait and see.

I've been 'waiting & seeing' nothing but crap from the Houston Texans since the get go. This goes beyond all common sense. $54 Million on a player who was good, but NOT REMARKABLE...from an unremarkable team who had an unremarkable season.

When in doubt...go with the winners. There's an intangible quality about players like Vince Young, Reggie Bush, or Matt Leinart. Not only are they phenoms, they know how to win. They know what its like to put a team on their shoulders and carry that team to glory.

The Houston Texans, I'm afraid, won't be experiencing any glory --- anytime soon.

What a shame.

Edited by mrfootball

Maybe Mario can be like this guy.

1093793773_8364.jpg

AAFN036.jpg

julius-peppers-draft-day-sm.jpg

Mario and Julius are both from the same state, and were both not thought of as potentially great players. But look at Julius, how many Pro Bowl's has he went to? He also came to a Super Bowl here. Williams could end up like him. Lets hope.

This could turn out to be the worst Number 1 Houston pick since the Rockets picked Hakeem Olajuwan instead of Michael Jordan.

:lol::lol::lol: , yeah we really screwed ourselves on that one. NOT ! Rockets would have had to have Pippen also, and what were the odds on that ?

Wow, I got a lot to resond to :) ...so here we go...

DJ, where is MY 2600 super cool points for making the call on Vince Young ? I know that P.O.S. Butt Adams, he claims to have done it just to piss off the Houston fans. LOL ! What a TURD !

2225 Cool Points awarded to TJones. 2600 requested was acknowledged, however we needed to take into account that Steve McNair is a close friend and mentor to Vince Young already, and Jeff Fisher saw that. Also remember that i did say that Vince Young would most flourish in the NFL if he were drafted by the Titans because of the players and staff he would be working with, including McNair...

This could turn out to be the worst Number 1 Houston pick since the Rockets picked Hakeem Olajuwan instead of Michael Jordan.

Technically, Hakeem would be Vince Young, and Micheal would be Bush. Hakeem wasn't a bad pick. He still was an MVP, a UH prospect, and we won two championships with him as the star of the team. If we never won those championships, and he was never MVP, I'd say it was a bust. But we got what we wanted to get....

Thats really crazy! The Texans are going to be the joke around the nation for a while! Why would they do something that crazy???? It doesn't make since!

The Texans will not be the joke of the nation if Mario Williams has a better season than Bush and Young in terms of impact for their team. What I don't understand is why we didn't just trade down the draft and still draft Mario Williams. We could have gotten much more out of the draft...

Must vent....

Texans blew it.

Too soon, man. What if the Texans make the playoffs with this team? That's very possible when you look at their defense on paper. The Texans could use WR or OL help at this time though, and perhaps there's a chance that they do just that in the 3rd round.

Defensive-Ends don't win games. They might slow down the drive, but they don't win games.

Defensive Ends don't win games alone, but defense wins games. You last a lot longer in a fist-fight if you know how to protect yourself...

How many Pro Bowl wide receivers does a team need? The Texans already have 2. Their needs are defense and OL.

Young going to the Titans might not be as good a deal as you think. McNair is about to get dumped, and Fisher might, too. Young has a lot to learn, and if he gets thrown in the mix his rookie year, he'll get creamed. He'll have a much better chance if he can be a backup for a couple of years.

How many Pro Bowl wide receivers does a team need? The Texans already have 2. Their needs are defense and OL.

Young going to the Titans might not be as good a deal as you think. McNair is about to get dumped, and Fisher might, too. Young has a lot to learn, and if he gets thrown in the mix his rookie year, he'll get creamed. He'll have a much better chance if he can be a backup for a couple of years.

Leinhart's the luckiest QB in the draft for sure.

I agree that that the Texans' defense needs help, but we already furfulled many of those needs before the draft. When are we going to draft some OL? You're right about the WR thing.

What? Fisher is probably a top 10 coach in the NFL. McNair is being dumped because of salary cap concerns. Young does have a lot to learn and I did agree with the Texans bypassing him, but calling him out because the Texans blew their pick doesn't make any sense. I think Bud wanted Vince more than Fisher and Floyd Reese, but the Titans had a much better day 1 than the Texans. Young and Lendale White in day 1? Meanwhile Team idiot proceeded to pick more Babin's that are fun to call smart picks.