I had to record the game on a low quality dvr so I wasn't positive what I heard until an espn article confirmed it for me - Texans fans cheering Schaub's injury.

That's more embarrassing than the final score of the game. Makes me ashamed to call myself a Texans fan - just despicable

Do you think by allowing the organization to tank this season that JJ Watt will want to stick around?

I've thought the same. JJ is gonna get paid and he hates to lose. He strikes me as a guy that is gonna go to the team he thinks he can win with even if it means taking a little less.

I'm less concerned with Schaub at this point than I am with Kubiak.  I really think that he's taken them as far as he can and that it's time for a change.  Their offense is just too predicable.  Teams on sitting on the routes.

Exactly. Everyone blames Schaub, but Kubiak's is more predictable than the time the sun will rise tomorrow. After years of the exact same plays, he needs to come up with some new stuff. Schaub isn't an elite QB, but he's not awful, except when he's stuck in this mediocre offense.

Schaub's longest throw of the season is 32 yards, the worst of any starting QB in the NFL. Schaub has no mobility and is never a threat to run it himself. Even older guys like Drew Brees can run for a first down when they can't find a target. The teams the Texans play against know that Schaub will either hand it off or make a pass that's 30 yards or less. It allows them to camp out on his routes and pick off some interceptions.

• Like 2

Looks like coach Kube is surveying the possibilities of starting Keenum in Kansas City. What do yall think is the likelihood of this and are you for it?

Why not?  TJ certainly didn't look impressive and it wouldn't hurt to give Schaub the additional rest.  At least Case brings a different element by being able to move around when there's pressure.

Looks like coach Kube is surveying the possibilities of starting Keenum in Kansas City. What do yall think is the likelihood of this and are you for it?

I can kind of see why so many people are on the Keenum bandwagon being as he's a hometown boy and the only quarterback they haven't seen look totally incompetent thus far.  The back up quarterback is always the fan favorite...until he stinks it up and then it's on to the next one.

I just don't think the Texans have a really good qb on the roster.  It won't matter who they put out there, he's not going to be better than Schaub despite the fact Schaub has been so bad at times this year.  

I'm excited about Keenum. Throws a good deep ball and will probably get at least two first downs with his feet.

Being a UH grad from during his tenure there, I am beyond excited. I just about couldn't sleep the other night because I was so excited. This is better than waiting for Christmas as a kid.

It won't be a huge blow if he doesn't play well considering he was 3rd string vs such a powerhouse team but he has a lot more to gain at this moment than to lose in my opinion.

Yeah, Case played decent, but not well enough in my opinion to make it an easy decision for Kubiak. What do y'all think Kubiak will decide?

Easy decision. He demonstrated that he can throw deep and accurate, and that he's capable of scrambling when he needs to. That makes him a lot less predictable. Time to move on from Schaub.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen a Keenum highlight video yet? He made those same type of plays in the preseason too. I'm really anxious to see him play in two weeks on national tv!

Here is a good article blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2013/10/six_plays_that_justify_case_ke.php

All I kept thinking on Sunday was, Schaub doesn't and can't make that play. Pretty fun to actually see the WRs running after the catch.

Has anyone seen a Keenum highlight video yet? He made those same type of plays in the preseason too. I'm really anxious to see him play in two weeks on national tv!

Here is a good article blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2013/10/six_plays_that_justify_case_ke.php

All I kept thinking on Sunday was, Schaub doesn't and can't make that play. Pretty fun to actually see the WRs running after the catch.

I definitely need to eat some crow after that performance.  Case far exceeded my expectations and played a very solid game.  He made many plays that Schaub could only dream of and most of the time they meant the difference in a sack or wasted play and positive yardage.  Kubiak is saying that Schaub is still the starter when he is healthy but I hope that is only coach speak and that Keenum gets a legitimate shot at winning the job. 

• Like 2

It would be beyond insane for Kube to tell Keenum to not suit up or sit the bench come next game. Nearly the entire city feels a little renergized despite being down 2-5 after what Keenum showed us this past Sunday.

If Kube benches Keenum over Schaub or Yates, that will be the final straw for me and would want Kubiak to be let go. The choice is obvious who can be the future and who the city is behind.

• Like 1

While I was pleased with Keenum's performance, I'm going to adopt a "Wait and See" approach as to how good/how much upside he actually has until after the Indy game.  If Keenum has another good performance (and some of his recievers can catch better... Graham!) then he could very well be the future.

If he has a great game, and Kubiak benches him in favor of Schaub and we lose, then Kubiak should probably be shown the door.

I would honestly rather move forward with Keenum even if there ends up being some cases where inexperience at NFL level causes him to make a mistake, because Schaub is just too predictable now. There will be ups and downs with a young guy, but Schaub seems more like certain doom.

• Like 1

Schaub is, and always has been a terrific backup QB. He is not someone you can build an offensive strategy around because he has no arm. Kubiak hamstrung himself by sticking to a QB that cannot throw a ball farther than 20 yards.

Yes, inside that Schaub is inch perfect, but his ball moves so slow it doesn't matter how perfect his passes are, the defense plays knowing what Schaub's limits (and thus the whole offense) are, so they can pack the entire defense like it's the red zone, even when we're on our own 15.

Schaub is a nice guy, and it sucks the way the fans are treating him, it's not his fault that Kubiak has forced him to play over his limitations.

If Kubiak can't put Schaub on the bench for whatever reason, then he needs to go, I think Kubiak is a really great offensive tactician, that was obvious with what he was able to get out of Schaub the past few seasons, but if he can't make the tough decision to bench a nice guy who got his shot, then he is the problem, not Schaub.

• Like 1