Houston Art Car Parade

torvald

You couldn't pay me enough money to attend this tacky exhibition. Why is fat, ugly and weird considered funny??? NOT, and not even interesting. Houston, you can do better!

Maybe some of us are just easily amused. :D

What would be better? Somehow I think a parade of normality might not be a big draw.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You couldn't pay me enough money to attend this tacky exhibition. Why is fat, ugly and weird considered funny??? NOT, and not even interesting. Houston, you can do better!

the artists/craftspeople do amazing work. some are tacky yes, but many are works of art IMO.

Because it is a break from the master-planned monotony that we are subjected to daily, perhaps?

Because it is a break from the master-planned monotony that we are subjected to daily, perhaps?

Oh yes I guess, whatever! I love vintage cars. I love parades. I really enjoy all the Route 66 cars. My son has a vintage vehicle that is a beauty and we have a parade each year in this town where he participates. Most people love taking care of their pretty vintage cars. His car has been restored beautifully, it is a 1953 Hudson Jet, has all original stuff and is a pretty blue and white. I am glad he has not mutilated it with singing fishes! Come on Red, life can't be that boring in Houston! Gosh, I remember when I lived there I was never bored. :lol:

• 11 months later...

Anyone going? Anyone bringing a still or video camera? It would be nice to have an "official" HAIF gallery with photos and video, and also post them on the HAIF Facebook site.

Let me know if you're going. If no mods are going to make it, then I'll ask the general HAIFers.

it's just one of these:

"Just"? It's nice enough to make me turn green. :D

Besides, the photographer is always more important than the camera, and you've shown yourself to be very able in that regard.

We're planning on going, and I'll have a camera with me.

Great to hear. Do you mind contributing some stills to the project? I'd like to load up the Facebook page with stills and video, and also the HAIF gallery.

Do you know how to FTP?

shore do - i usually use fireftp

"Just"? It's nice enough to make me turn green. :D

Besides, the photographer is always more important than the camera, and you've shown yourself to be very able in that regard.

aw thanks! :blush:

That would be something. We'll have to keep that in mind for next year.

I think eventually we'll have to get a couple of people press passes. The City of Houston issues them through the police department, which takes your fingerprints and does an F.B.I. background check. But passes are only issued to organizations the mayor's office feels deserve them. I know some cities issue bloggers press passes. I don't know if Houston is one of them.

Great to hear. Do you mind contributing some stills to the project? I'd like to load up the Facebook page with stills and video, and also the HAIF gallery.

Sure. Sorry I wasn't able to reply before now

Archived