Elements Of Counting Floors To A Building

DMac

I've been reading thru sum interesting {historical} data 2day where there appers to be sum difference when counting floors

I view it as the ground floor or lobby being the 1st Flr. This would be the first floor the public access' upon entry. A portion of it may/may not be sub-divided for additional tenants. None the less it iz the 1st flr.

Then there iz the mezzanine {as sum Bldg's.} label this floors. To me this wood be the 2nd Flr. Again it may/may not be sub-divided for additional tenants.

As one continues the journey upward you may/may knot find correct sequencial #'ng w/the buttons in elevators to get you to the top.

Has sum'n 2 do w/superstitons, flrs allocated for mechanical equip. or watt ever but none the less the true physical count of ALL Flrs. to ANY Bldg. is what you are able to count either from the street or riding an elevator.

Better yet to get an absolute accurate count of ANY Bldg. walk the stair wells. :blink:

To further confuse the issue, it's my understanding that in some parts of the world, what we call the first floor is known as the ground floor; the second floor is called the first floor and so on.

To further confuse the issue, it's my understanding that in some parts of the world, what we call the first floor is known as the ground floor; the second floor is called the first floor and so on.

That is correct. I've seen this in Mexico and Europe

Only in the industrialized developed country {note the singular} iz the correct #'ng plan adopted/working.

The remainder of the world's undeveloped countries {note the plural} including Europe R srill N developmental stages. 1nce sum of ther pipoles ;) cum over 2 xamine the correct way for #'ng then it should spread worldwide.

:wacko:^_^B)

I've been reading thru sum interesting {historical} data 2day where there appers to be sum difference when counting floors

I view it as the ground floor or lobby being the 1st Flr. This would be the first floor the public access' upon entry. A portion of it may/may not be sub-divided for additional tenants. None the less it iz the 1st flr.

Then there iz the mezzanine {as sum Bldg's.} label this floors. To me this wood be the 2nd Flr. Again it may/may not be sub-divided for additional tenants.

As one continues the journey upward you may/may knot find correct sequencial #'ng w/the buttons in elevators to get you to the top.

Has sum'n 2 do w/superstitons, flrs allocated for mechanical equip. or watt ever but none the less the true physical count of ALL Flrs. to ANY Bldg. is what you are able to count either from the street or riding an elevator.

When did standard English or even standard abbreviation become so difficult? Is "IZ" really easier and faster to type than "IS"? And to use "SUM" for "SOME" yet ignorantly failing to see that using "KNOT" when you wanted to say "NOT" seems to counter any notion that you are just finding a simple phonetic way of getting the points accross. Why go through the "effort" and still bother to completely and correctly spell words like "mechanical" and "physical"?

Interesting topic, but it loses its intrigue when one cannot/does not really communicate one's ideas clearly.

Agreed. HAIF isn't a brick wall for spraying your thoughts on.

To some small degree, spelling, grammar, and punctuation count.

DMac: Enough with the ghetto IM lingo. Please post in English.

• The title was changed to Elements Of Counting Floors To A Building

Archived