Great 1960s Houston Radio History site

icepickphil

• 2 months later...
What a find! KFMK was the first 'free form' FM rock station of the late 60s and preceded KLOK and KAUM. Check out KILT's special about drugs on Houston's college campuses.

http://vasthead.com/Radio/radio_works.html

Ha. that is great. I listened to the KRBE link from 1970. I was sort of expecting something different. I was pleasantly suprised not to hear Sam Malone and his retard crew. :lol:

About half way into the broadcast they do a weather report. The DJ clearly called a number which gave him a recorded report. The DJ talked through it which was pretty humorous.

I guess this was the Beattles hour as all the songs are tunes from them.

Great find. Thanks.

Ha. that is great. I listened to the KRBE link from 1970. I was sort of expecting something different. I was pleasantly suprised not to hear Sam Malone and his retard crew. :lol:

About half way into the broadcast they do a weather report. The DJ clearly called a number which gave him a recorded report. The DJ talked through it which was pretty humorous.

I guess this was the Beattles hour as all the songs are tunes from them.

Great find. Thanks.

Yes, I remember overhearing the radio playing there in Houston back in the early 1960s. Two car dealership commercial jingles are still in my head: Chuck Davis Chevrolet and Tommie Vaughn Ford. Last year Tommie Vaughn died at age 87.