JP Morgan Chase X3

DMac

The annex I believe is right next to the (previously) Gulf building (same block). It is at the corner you would see if you looked at the JP Morgan Chase building from the McDonalds/Shamrock Tower lot. Or to put it more simply Capitol and Main. Also with the same 712 Main address. It was built in the 40's or early 50's I think. (EDIT: I see you put the year in your post, but I was still pretty close)

Oh yeah, edit again, they have another building on Travis. It is across the street from the Rice Hotel (over Texas Ave.)

The Annex is on the right side of Travis headed North. Not much to look at. I think it's either before or after the Rice Lotfs.

The Annex was made fun of during Christmastime on this board becuase of it's Chrismatas diaplay in the lobby that incorporated all the world's religions.

Regardless if they did not celebrate "Christmas".

The Annex is on the right side of Travis headed North. Not much to look at. I think it's either before or after the Rice Lotfs.

The Annex was made fun of during Christmastime on this board becuase of it's Chrismatas diaplay in the lobby that incorporated all the world's religions.

Regardless if they did not celebrate "Christmas".

Yes please I would like to view your photo(s).

Thanks

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you were wondering these were taken on 4/9/06

Ok, this first one has Rice Hotel, then the building with the red columns is the other building I spoke of, then you can see the annex, and finally the Gulf building.

chase18xd.jpg

This one is just the annex on the right, and obviously the Gulf building in the center.

chase21di.jpg

This one is just the annex on the right, and obviously the Gulf building in the center.

Wow. Everytime I take a peek @ Gulf I just gasp @ its beauty. What a really grand old land mark it still is 2day. Hope JP will never let it be demolished.

Thank You

Danny

The building on the right in that photo is not an annex to the Gulf Building. It is a separate structure, most of which actually predates the Gulf Building. It is now the Great Jones Building, was once Bankers Trust Bldg I think, and started out as the Texaco headquarters. The Gulf Building annexes are all on the Travis side of the block. The Gulf Building additions were made through the 1950s. When you are in the building, it is interesting to see the differences among the three main interior sections (original Gulf Building, southwest side of the block, and northwest side of the block.

• The title was changed to JP Morgan Chase X3

Archived