Falcon Rock, Falcon Point, Falcon Ranch

:lol: sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Are these all part of a large "Falcon" planned subdivision, or are these actually seperate neighborhoods?

I wondered because there seems to be a nice club associated with Falcon Point but didn't know if the others received privileges as well.

Are these all part of a large "Falcon" planned subdivision, or are these actually seperate neighborhoods?

I wondered because there seems to be a nice club associated with Falcon Point but didn't know if the others received privileges as well.

Nope every body pays thier own seperate homeowners association. I live in Falcon Ranch and we have our own pool and park, but its kinda weird because Falcon Ranch is in the middle Of Falcon Point. And Falcon Rock is right next to falcon point as well. I dont know why they are all Falcon something....

• 8 months later...

I live in Falcon Rock...We have a Homeowners Association, some of us pay the $360 Dues that they say is to use for upkeep of "COMMON AREAS"...,

First off, we have No medians, We have no park to play in, we have no pool...The front of the Neighborhood that has the name of our Subdivision, well it has lights but the developer cut off the electric cause he wasn't going to pay for it anymore so those are still off and have been for over a year...

Street lights, I can probably name 6 or 7 that have not worked in over a year, I personally have been trying to get one across from my house fixed that has been out over a year, they said it would be 15 days and it would be done, yeah that was over a month ago....

We were supposed to get into Falcon Points Association, yeah that didn't happen, they said we were "Section 8" Housing....Last time I checked, my property taxes were as much as theirs...Hmmmm, Section 8, I need to check into that...

Hey thanks for responding....We are are neighbohood that really doesn't have a leader and if we do, no one wants to listen...

I have been here since the beggining, I was the first house built, done, and moved into so I have seem the neighborhood start and the neighborhood go down hill as far as we are concerned...

I am looking for clues as to what I as a homeowner can do...If anyone has any ideas or helpful knowledge, please help...

Also, this is where they are zoned for school (Katy ISD):

Falcon Point Estates: Rylander ES, Cinco Ranch JHS, Katy HS

Falcon Point The Arbor: Fielder ES, Cinco Ranch JHS, Cinco Ranch HS

Falcon Point The Grove: Fielder ES, Cinco Ranch JHS, Cinco Ranch HS

Falcon Point The Landing: Fielder ES, Cinco Ranch JHS, Cinco Ranch HS

Falcon Point The Meadows: Fielder ES, Cinco Ranch JHS, Cinco Ranch HS

Falcon Ranch: Rylander ES, Cinco Ranch JHS, Cinco Ranch HS

Falcon Rock: Rylander ES, Cinco Ranch JHS, Katy HS

So, all of the "Falcon" subdivisions are assigned to the same middle school, albiet different clusters are zoned to different elementary and high schools.

Yeah I would go to the Monthly Meetings if the stupid HOA wanted to even have any...We have not had one meeting and they do not plan to have any in the future...So going to those, not really an Option...

But really thanks for the advice, I will just have to start my Mail Torment with them...

Falcon Rocks Elementary Zoning is possibly changing next year to the new school they are building in Wood Creek Reserve area...Heard this from a teacher in my neighborhood.

Hey Diane--check your paperwork from your closing for something called "Notice to Buyer of Mandatory Membership in a Homeowners Association" and read it thoroughly. Check your deed restrictions and community docs for ANYTHING that says you get a meeting and find out when. If your neighborhood is still building, your developer should be in charge of this and should have info for you. If they do not, and you cannot get anything done, get a petition going with all of your neighbors and contact an attorney. The fate of your neighborhood could very well be at stake, and of course that means your property values.

Good luck to you! I can only imagine your frustration.

Thank you for that information....I am planning on going thru all of that stuff tonight, that is on my list of things after working on taxes.

We are still building but you have to be 75% Built out, We are, also our Developer does not have the HOA anymore, Dakota Blue Homebuilder/Tuscany Homes has it. I have spoken with the one in charge and she is less than willing to have any type of HOA meeting because I already requested one.

I am going to type up a letter requesting a contact for a meeting within 30 days of the letter, also asking for the last Fiscal Year Papers to see Exactly where my HOA dues go..Trust me, they don't go to fix the lights, still fighting that battle...And I am going to get a petition of my neighbors also requesting the same thing. Then I am going to send it to them Certified, If I do not get a response within that 30 day, I will do one more letter requesting again with a 15 day notice then Myself and my neighbors will work on the Attorney thing.

I am married to a Real Estate Appraiser and he says we have to go about it this way first....At least give them a chance to respond....

We Will See...

Are you talking about Cinco Ranch Canyon Gate? Because there are sure a LOT of foreclosures/pre-foreclosures in there which made me very suspicious that it was sec 8 housing.

I am talking about Cinco Ranch Canyon Gate. It is not however part of Cinco Ranch. That place is bad news. The students (victim and witness) involved in the shooting tragedy at 7L lived there. I never understood how a suicide victim can have two head wounds. But I digress.

I am talking about Cinco Ranch Canyon Gate. It is not however part of Cinco Ranch. That place is bad news. The students (victim and witness) involved in the shooting tragedy at 7L lived there. I never understood how a suicide victim can have two head wounds. But I digress.

Canyon Gate at Cinco Ranch is the name, not the other way around. In fact the entrance now just says Canyon Gate I think they were made to take the cinco ranch off the sign.

Ok when I refer to Section 8 Housing in Falcon Rock Sub Division, I am only referring to what Falcon Point stated as far as not allowing us in their HOA...I am not by any stretch of the imagination in an area that has section 8 housing....

Me, I am just having trouble with my HOA or the lack there of...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Is that the one in the south end of Cinco ranch on Mason near FM 1093?

You are seriously misinformed about Canyon Gate at Cinco Ranch. I have lived there for a decade and it is a great place to live. We do NOT have Section 8 housing. Unfortunately, a high school student who lived in our neighborhood committed suicide and suddenly we've become the "projects". This is complete BS.

Also, Cinco Ranch requires that we use the name "at Cinco Ranch" because of our location and as part of the agreement they made when they sold the land to the developer. Our neighborhood sign has always said just Canyon Gate. We also pay Cinco Ranch to halp maintain the common areas around Mason/Fry.

We have a little gem of a community with just over 700 homes and because of being separate from Cinco Ranch, our HOA has been able to add speed bumps to our neighborhood and develop a football/baseball/soccer park within the community - all AFTER the developer was finished.

Please don't spread rumors unless you have first hand experience/knowledge to back it up.

Well, okay, I do have first hand knowledge and there is Section 8 housing in Canyon Gate. Glad you are happy there, that is the main thing, really.

And speed bumps lower property values, so they are not a good thing.

Well, okay, I do have first hand knowledge and there is Section 8 housing in Canyon Gate. Glad you are happy there, that is the main thing, really.

And speed bumps lower property values, so they are not a good thing.

Hmm, Hasn't seemed to lower the values in my neighborhood. I am in Avalon at Seven Meadows and we have speed bumps...

Generic, generic... What can you do? It's the suburbs.

And Canyon Gate Katy is scary to some of you? :lol: . That is hella funny.

I know Falcon ranch and rock are completley seperate from Falcon Point. As for the club I think its private with its own membership and dues. I dont think living in Falcon Point gives you membership to the club and you dont have to live in Falcon Point to be a member of the club.

As for this whole canyon gate business, far from ghetto. I went to high school here and once heard someone say "theres gates to keep them in." Woo for having that cinco ranch mentallity.

and the speed bumps at the Avalon suck! I know a couple of people in there and from what I understand they are still around basically because of one man who really hates crazy teen drivers, who doesnt? I can understand speed bumps in river oaks, people can drive through there to get from one major street to another or even in falcon point because of people cutting through to the mall. But in the Avalon? Theres no point in cutting through there and even if someone wanted to theres already gates. Someone needs to catch up with the rest of the suburbs and just teach their kids not to play in the street, or watch them like everyone else? These are only an inconvience to most of the people living there. Ive seen people drive through the grass to avoid them or use the back gate when they live in the front, just so they dont have to deal with the speed bumps. I guess that serves the purpose of keeping too many from going through your street, but its people who live there not random outsiders. Seems like you would realize your house is at the main entrance gate that everyone is going to use before you bought there...

sorry to ramble, i dont even live there and they bug me this much... maybe thats the point? or maybe they bug the residents even more? If only I got as worked up about my school work as i do about these three little speed bumps...

As for this whole canyon gate business, far from ghetto. I went to high school here and once heard someone say "theres gates to keep them in." Woo for having that cinco ranch mentallity.

and the speed bumps at the Avalon suck! I know a couple of people in there and from what I understand they are still around basically because of one man who really hates crazy teen drivers, who doesnt? I can understand speed bumps in river oaks, people can drive through there to get from one major street to another or even in falcon point because of people cutting through to the mall. But in the Avalon? Theres no point in cutting through there and even if someone wanted to theres already gates. Someone needs to catch up with the rest of the suburbs and just teach their kids not to play in the street, or watch them like everyone else? These are only an inconvience to most of the people living there. Ive seen people drive through the grass to avoid them or use the back gate when they live in the front, just so they dont have to deal with the speed bumps. I guess that serves the purpose of keeping too many from going through your street, but its people who live there not random outsiders. Seems like you would realize your house is at the main entrance gate that everyone is going to use before you bought there...

sorry to ramble, i dont even live there and they bug me this much... maybe thats the point? or maybe they bug the residents even more? If only I got as worked up about my school work as i do about these three little speed bumps...

;-) I didn't say that I preferred speed bumps or even liked them. I was just saying that I hadn't experienced the correlation to the decreasing of home values due to them...

As far as the street lights......try going to this web site to report the lights that are out (if you have not already). When I use the Centerpoint site to report lights out in my neighborhood they are normally fixed within a week and they send you an e-mail once it is done.

http://cnp.centerpointenergy.com/outage

When a developer or builder is in charge it is common for the documents to state that the first meeting of the members will not happen until they decide to have the meeting. Unfortunately, that does not happen until they are about to leave the community and then the homeowners will take over. It may not seem fair, but it does happen quite a bit. You can also go to this web site and punch your community name to get the names of the principal parties that are registered with the state.

http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/Index.html

Archived