So when is the anti-immigration rally going to take place?

johncoby

With all the loud mouths on the radio complaining about everything from the flags to the students, when will one of them organize and anti-immigrant rally?

*shrug* A little perspective here... even with inflated Chronicle counts, there were more people at the Astros game that afternoon than in the crowd.

Well, let's see if there are any examples for anti-liberal/pro-conservatve issue gatherings... hrm... looking back to the last Conservative-style rally, that would be Chris Baker's "Pro America" rally thing back in 2003 before the second Gulf War.

(And Shelia Jackson-Lee *still* managed to show up for the cameras.)

So let's imagine there'd be a pro law-and-order rally, courtesy of the 50,000 Watt Thinktank. (aka "The 50,000 What??? Septic Tank" as my non-conservative friends call it) It would probably be held on a weekend to allow people with jobs or other daily responsibilities to attend. An added bonus: it wouldn't tie up weekday traffic (componded by an afternoon weekday Astros game).

Or, more likely, these folks would just forget about rallying for the cameras and focus on what really matters: the ballot box. They'd support a candidate that pretends to follow their views, and then changes their mind in Washington in a heartbeat (or when a lobbyist's check clears).

First of all, it isn't anti-immigration or anti-immigrants. It's anti-illegal immigrants. There is quite a difference.

Secondly, my guess would be because most of the people who are against illegals in this country have jobs that they would get fired from if they just split at ten AM and marched downtown.

Laurence, Sheila Jackson-Lee has a special radar that tells her where the cameras are and the fastest way to get there. :lol:

With the Bush administration and their big-and small-buisness backers behind an amnesty for illegals bill, I wouldn't count on them backing anything that will deprive them of abundant low wage labor.

Ergo, don't look for any massive rallys for the xenophobic and nativist crowd.

Exactly. CNN, BBC, FOX, et. al are terrible about reporting this accurately.

It didnt stop Sam Malone or Chris Baker calling the rallies "Protest for illegal immigration?. They said it over and over and over. These guys are clowns.

It didnt stop Sam Malone or Chris Baker calling the rallies "Protest for illegal immigration?. They said it over and over and over. These guys are clowns.

So John, is what you are saying is that the protests were for "naturalization of illegal immigrants rallies" ? I agree with your "Sam Malone is a clown." that's what he gets paid to be.

You'll NEVER see an anti-illegal immigration protest, because then it gets twisted into a "racial-issue".

Guest danax
You'll NEVER see an anti-illegal immigration protest, because then it gets twisted into a "racial-issue".

And that's what these marches are about; race, not pro-illegal immigration.

If there were 11 million Chinese illegals here with a million or so coming over each year, threatening to overtake the Hispanic population, would these same people be out there supporting their "rights"?. I say they'd be protesting against them, and supporting the immigration laws.

As 77017 was saying a few posts back, people here are sympathizing with "their own people", regardless of the law.

And that's what these marches are about; race, not pro-illegal immigration.

If there were 11 million Chinese illegals here with a million or so coming over each year, threatening to overtake the Hispanic population, would these same people be out there supporting their "rights"?. I say they'd be protesting against them, and supporting the immigration laws.

As 77017 was saying a few posts back, people here are sympathizing with "their own people", regardless of the law.

THEY may not be out there supporting the Chinese, but I know our good buddy Red would be out there with another tear in his eye. :D I would probably be next to him though, might run into someone who owns a good restaurant, then I would get the "hook up" for rife, I mean life. I wonder if the same could happen if I went to the May 1st protest ? Hmmmm.....I will have to form a comittee to investigate this.

(And Shelia Jackson-Lee *still* managed to show up for the cameras.)
Sheila Jackson-Lee has a special radar that tells her where the cameras are and the fastest way to get there. :lol:

Yeah, she was at the side of Representative A Black Woman (D., GA) when her so-called apology was televised.

• 3 weeks later...
That ought to bring out a crowd! The Klan. Skinheads.

Dude, the Krabs and GiveHeads jump into any political situation they can to make it look like other people agree with them. I'd love to see a Celebrity Deathmatch between the two so they could just eliminate each other.

Since the "Minutemen" are only a relative handfull of people who have no authority, I wonder of what importance they really are in the scheme of things.

Too bad they choose to take the honorable name of real patriots and kind of bring it down a few notches.

BTW, here's a photo from a July 30, 2005 Minuteman rally in LaGuna Beach:

laguna.jpg

Maybe johncoby is on to something Parrothead has over looked.

At least they don't have a FOREIGN flag....well, except for that one behind the Confederate flag.

Maybe they are just proud of their German heritage ? Seeeeeiiiiiigggg......... <_<:angry2: Germans=good, Nazis=very bad.

I'm speaking of the majority. Obviously there will always be dumbasses in every group...but johncoby felt the need to mark all minutemen as Nazis and Klansmen, and I don't believe it.

I mean, we could say that every gay man is a pole smoking nelly drag queen....but...well, um....

Uh...

;)

*disclaimer: my obsession with gay men has nothing to do with my disdain for illegal immigrants from Mexico.

I'm speaking of the majority. Obviously there will always be dumbasses in every group...but johncoby felt the need to mark all minutemen as Nazis and Klansmen, and I don't believe it.

I mean, we could say that every gay man is a pole smoking nelly drag queen....but...well, um....

Uh...

;)

*disclaimer: my obsession with gay men has nothing to do with my disdain for illegal immigrants from Mexico.

Why didn't you post that you were speaking of the majority? You weren't speaking of the majority or minority of anything. You were just spewing another knee jerk rant.

The only problem with johncoby was he was too late. The nazi/skinheads and the minuteman had already hooked up at least 10 months ago.

Archived