They Have The Right Flags In Their Hands

TJones

Anyone one notice the picture on the front page this morning of the Houston Barnacle ? I noticed a signicant decrease of the color GREEN,in all the flags, at all these protest rallies across the country. Apparently they are learning a few things on how to conduct a proper protest if you want your would-be fellow Americans to take you seriously. <_<

Yeah, the anti Americans were a little more toned down this time. Of course there was the true patriots we all know and love.

Dammit! My cut and paste isn't working. Anyway, there's a big banner that some guy was holding yesterday that says:

"Honkie's, why don't you take your asses back to Europe!" It then has a pic of Che Guevara. .

Anyone heard how big a crowd they've got? Since they are stopping a couple of blocks away, I was thinking of going to watch. How often do you get to see half a million people in person? :blink:

Hey Red, can you see them from your office?

Hey Red, can you see them from your office?

They are marching to Allen's Landing. I am at Main and Preston, so I'll be 3 blocks south. I cannot see Allen's Landing, but if the crowd is big enough, I'll see the overflow.

Early reports are that it is not nearly the size of yesterday's march, yet.

I'll post updates.

Where are they?

I just looked out at City Hall, and all I see are news trucks at the Enron trial.

Well, they are all about being "traditional" and want to keep their old traditions like the English, and having their Tea at 4:00pm. So it is about 3:00pm that is "siesta time" in the old world. <_<:o;):lol:

If they get in the way of my bus I am going to be mad as hell.

My wife is at the Stros game right now. Hopefully they keep them away from MMP.

Yeah ! I heard it is "free bat" day at MMP, don't need that kind of trouble. This here be a peaceful protest.

Just got back. They have filled up Allen's Landing. They have also lined the Main Street and Fannin Street bridges, though the police are trying to limit the crowds on the bridges. Commerce is blocked off from Main to the Courthouse. It is filling up. Everywhere is a sea of white shirts and American flags.

I'm not good at crowd estimates, but I'd guess that at 3:15 pm there were 10,000 to 20,000, either at the Landing or walking to and from the site. More were coming as I walked back to the office. All in all, a very friendly crowd. Even the cops did not have menacing looks. Just as they learned quickly on the flag issue, I think everyone understands the need to appear ernest, not threatening. It was pretty exciting watching democracy in action. I'm going to head over to the courthouse to get a birdseye view, hopefully some pics.

Guest danax

My ex-wife ( Mexicana by birth-US citizen) calls me today asking how to get to Guadalupe Park. I told her, what the heck. She was pumped and ready. She said "this is our land and we're taking it back". I told her that, "there were nothing but burros here then and now that it's the most properous place in the world, you all want it?" She said she didn't want to hear it and so I dropped it (I was at work). Then she asks me if I think she should wear her Aztec dancing costume with the feathered penacho (headress) etc. (she used to be in a dance troupe in CA). I said sure, why not, you'll be "La Reina de la Reconquista" (Queen of the Reconquest). She laughed and I could tell she liked the idea.

With her mouth and charisma, the cameras will find her. And if they interview her, the movement is dead, because she won't be able to control herself and will let America know, in a strong emotional manner, that this is Mexico.

So if anyone sees someone with that description on TV tonight, let me know. :lol:

Now, that's just not true!

We stole Texas from the Indians; not the Mexicans. The Indians had it first.

Well what about some of the animals who were here before them. When is someone going to stick up for them!?!?!

Oh yeah, HPD said there were about 7,500-10,000 people there (keep in mind this was 3 hours ago though).

Well, just about one of the funniest things I heard today was from a co-worker, who's father owns a little "everything's a dollar" type store.

The father had bought 4 boxes of American flags about 4 years ago to sell in the store around the 4th of July. All different sizes, they didn't sell well during that holiday, and were all put away back in the boxes and put in his garage . UNTIL TODAY ! :lol: He almost sold out, he had about 1500 flags sell today as he had an epithany and hurriedly loaded the boxes of flags into his SUV and parked as close as he could to the action, and set up shop. Apparently everyone forgot to bring the right flags again, and this little old man from India cleaned up selling the flags for 3 to 4 dollars a piece. :lol: GOD I LOVE AMERICA ! Land of opportunity. I wish I would have thought of it, I probably wouldn't have gotten as much action, cause I look way to Anglo.

This little old man BTW, is about to get his citizenship after 8 years of going through the process legally, he messed up his papaerwork the first time because he had nobody to help him fill out the forms properly,and had to start all over again but he got it all right the second time and he never asked for a "free ride".

TJ, that's such a damned funny story, except that I doubt it is really true. I spent all afternoon down there at Allen's Landing, trying to fight back tears from my eyes. You see, it has been decades since I have seen so many people SO proud to be on American soul....and trying so hard to stay here. I've never seen so much patriotism, certainly not when I lived amongst all those SUV drivers in the Woodlands, and not in the last 7 years that I've lived in Houston. I got the feeling walking amongst these "Illegals" that they got it, while the Minutemen, and the others that want them gone, without really knowing why, don't quite get what being an American is all about.

You know, not one of those Mexicans looked at me funny today. They could see in my eyes that I aaccepted them here in my country, and that I wanted them to be able to stay here. In my 46 years on this earth, I have never felt as energized as I was when standing with the thousands of good people who just wanted to work and support their families. I know many Americans want to hide behind a civil law and call them illegals, but that is the easy way out. These were good people at Allen's Landing today, and, frankly, I'd rather hang out with them than many of the fakes that I come into contact with on a daily basis.

I have seen estimates of 30,000 to 50,000 marchers. I can only say that they marched as one...and I marched with them.

Si se peude!

They're only flying US flags because they were TOLD to after certain community leaders realized the Mexican flag was viewed as anti-American. That's what is sad about this. It's like, "Oops, wait, no, wrong flag, of COURSE we meant THIS ONE!" Doesn't fly with me. They might as well have their fingers crossed behind their backs.

I heard on the news that Rush Limbaugh read the requirements for citizenship in Mexico. Holy crap! You guys should check into it. It's pretty amusing. They cite jail time as well as automatic deportation.

A daughter of former illegals from Mexico called into Walton & Johnson yesterday and said that her parents were now citizens thanks to the amnesty given in the 80's. Her parents are not having any part of these protests and neither was she. When asked why, she answered, "Because all they are concerned about is working, putting food on the table, keeping a roof over our heads, and making sure my brother gets through college--that is why they came here in the first place. They don't have TIME to protest and neither should any of these people, if they were doing what they came here to do." Interesting perspective.

TJ, that's such a damned funny story, except that I doubt it is really true. I spent all afternoon down there at Allen's Landing, trying to fight back tears from my eyes. You see, it has been decades since I have seen so many people SO proud to be on American soul....and trying so hard to stay here. I've never seen so much patriotism, certainly not when I lived amongst all those SUV drivers in the Woodlands, and not in the last 7 years that I've lived in Houston. I got the feeling walking amongst these "Illegals" that they got it, while the Minutemen, and the others that want them gone, without really knowing why, don't quite get what being an American is all about.

You know, not one of those Mexicans looked at me funny today. They could see in my eyes that I aaccepted them here in my country, and that I wanted them to be able to stay here. In my 46 years on this earth, I have never felt as energized as I was when standing with the thousands of good people who just wanted to work and support their families. I know many Americans want to hide behind a civil law and call them illegals, but that is the easy way out. These were good people at Allen's Landing today, and, frankly, I'd rather hang out with them than many of the fakes that I come into contact with on a daily basis.

I have seen estimates of 30,000 to 50,000 marchers. I can only say that they marched as one...and I marched with them.

Si se peude!

Red, I respect your sentiment, but to put all of these protestors onto the "I'm proud to be an American" bandwagon is reaching a little to far.

Now I wasn't there as you were, but I have watched and read enough about the peoples attitudes to know that there not that proud to be Americans, but proud to be Mexicans. It wasn't until after the LA protests that they began waving American flags.

I don't have a problem with the Mexican people, but the simple fact is that there not going through the due process to become citizens.

Archived