Lampson event disrupted by DeLay supporters

WesternGulf

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never even heard of Nick Lampson before now, and Tom Delay's just given the public it's first reason to vote Lampson in.

Has politics become so childish that people care more about being Democrat or Republican than they do about being law-abiding leaders that lead with their hearts? I thought Delay said he wasn't running for re-election. The hell is this?

It's nice to see the Republicans and DeLay are still in the gutter. They are definitely in good company with the Leaker in Chief, Shotgun Cheney, Department of Homeland Security deputy press secretary and internet pedeophile Brian Doyle, Scooter Libby, Karl Rove, Bill Frist, White House shop lifters, etc...

It's understandable why people of this ilk stoop in the gutter. It's worked so well for them in the past.

It's nice to see the Republicans and DeLay are still in the gutter. They are definitely in good company with the Leaker in Chief, Shotgun Cheney, Department of Homeland Security deputy press secretary and internet pedeophile Brian Doyle, Scooter Libby, Karl Rove, Bill Frist, White House shop lifters, etc...

It's understandable why people of this ilk stoop in the gutter. It's worked so well for them in the past.

Nmain, I've got two words for you: Bill Clinton.

I never even heard of Nick Lampson before now, and Tom Delay's just given the public it's first reason to vote Lampson in.

Has politics become so childish that people care more about being Democrat or Republican than they do about being law-abiding leaders that lead with their hearts? I thought Delay said he wasn't running for re-election. The hell is this?

Lampson lost his seat - not because he was voted out of office, but because DeLay drew him out of office. That's a lot of power for one person, and it's unbelievable that DeLay would go on television and accuse Democrats (or more accurately Lampson) for trying to steal his seat. I don't know if Lampson's going to win, but it would be poetic justice if he did.

Nmain, I've got two words for you: Bill Clinton.

Joking or serious? What did Clinton do? Get Lewinski'ed up and lied about it? Whitewater? Clinton didn't shoot anybody in the face...well except Monica with whitewater those few times. But they were enjoyable scandals, weren't they?

You really think what Clinton did was more dangerous to America than what Rove, Delay, Doyle, Libby, Frist, or especialy Cheney did (even though that was an accident)? Or more dangerous than allegations that another president may have leaked...information?

DJ: Nmain is taking time out of his day to show us all how flawed the Republican Party is. I'm only flipping the coin to show that the Democrats aren't innocent either.

I'll go ahead and reveal my cards here - I don't really care about either party. In fact, I'm registered as an independent and vote the same as much as possible. Both parties are corrupt, and are so greedy/selfish/egotistical/vain/proud (you can pick the appropriate adjective of the day) that nothing is getting accomplished.

I'm quite sure that Nick Lampson is happy that these goons showed up. They took a boring press conference and made Lampson a sympathetic individual. They showed a clear difference between Lampson and DeLay. One does things the correct way (he said this is a democracy, so the protesters have the right to show up), while the other tries to shut you up, as opposed to letting the listener decide. Given that most people want to make up their own minds, this display of boorishness, if continued, can only work in Lampson's favor.

At least Lampson doesn't outlaw opposing views being heard. We don't get enough of that lately.

... this display of boorishness, if continued, can only work in Lampson's favor.

Agreed! Lampson got plenty of play out of the childish antics of Delay's supporters, and he knows it! He's a seasoned politician, and I'm sure he's hoping that Delay's supporters DO show up at all his events!

Clinton didn't shoot anybody in the face...well except Monica with whitewater those few times.

:lol: You nasty. Simply nasty. :lol:

DJ: Nmain is taking time out of his day to show us all how flawed the Republican Party is. I'm only flipping the coin to show that the Democrats aren't innocent either.

True. true. But Clinton's wrongdoings seems a little sophomoric and less dangerous to the American people the what the Republicans are pulling.

Joking or serious? What did Clinton do? Get Lewinski'ed up and lied about it? Whitewater? Clinton didn't shoot anybody in the face...well except Monica with whitewater those few times. But they were enjoyable scandals, weren't they?

You really think what Clinton did was more dangerous to America than what Rove, Delay, Doyle, Libby, Frist, or especialy Cheney did (even though that was an accident)? Or more dangerous than allegations that another president may have leaked...information?

Yes, i do. Its not because of Lewinsky, but for other things that i think were and are highly dangerous.

Worst part of this is that the campaign manager ORGANIZED and encouraged the disruption.

I mean, can't they even quit with dignity? Bunch of losers.

Hell, I've organized many protests, but we DO NOT disrupt. This was a real low class stunt by low class people.

This press conference had all TV stations at the event. It was very well attended for one at 10:00 am in the morning.

Stupid stunt. Let the man speak for crying out loud.....

DeLay go a way so we can get more choo choo trains for Houston :):):):):):):):)

OH, how I do love it when the shoe is on the other foot. :lol:

Here DJ, this is for you, if you want to know what Clinton has done, he didn't shoot anyone in the face, just vaporized them. ENJOY !

http://www.ornery.org/essays/2001-01-26-1.html

HUH?

You know full well, if Lampson supporters had interrupted a Republican press conference, you would be saying that they have the right to free speech, and as long as they aren't physical, it shouldn't matter.

You know full well, if Lampson supporters had interrupted a Republican press conference, you would be saying that they have the right to free speech, and as long as they aren't physical, it shouldn't matter.

C'mon, admit it TJones, you were there with your DeLay campaign sign, weren't you;)

And, yes, as a matter of fact, I fully agree with you. All's fair in politics.

TJ, I think the requisite word here is 'IF'. Since Lampson supporters have had numerous opportunities to interrupt Republican press conferences and haven't, 'IF' is where it will stay. Only DeLay's supporters made asses of themselves.

BTW, you might notice that none of us, especially including Nick Lampson, has denied the protesters their free speech rights. We are merely commenting on their lack of etiquette, and the fact that boorish DeLay supporters likely help Lampson's cause. You are also welcome to stand with them, or defend them. I will then call you a boorish DeLay supporter.

That's how free speech works.

Ah but alas, this is not about Clinton it is about a seemingly never ending stream of incompetence, lying, obstruction of justice, criminal activities, pedophilia by way of the internet by a Homeland Security official [go figure THAT one out], Congressional resignations where one did not pass go but went straight to jail and another indicted with possibly more indictments on the way. Oh, and shop lifting and the president as leaker in cheif.

That's a full plate for all you DeLay Lovers/Clinton Haters to defend.

Better get to work TJ and Jeebs-you have some damn heavy lifting to do.

B)

[shoplifting???sheesh-no one could make this stuff up :wacko: ]

C'mon, admit it TJones, you were there with your DeLay campaign sign, weren't you;)

And, yes, as a matter of fact, I fully agree with you. All's fair in politics.

:lol: Fortunately, NO. I have to work for a living. I didn't even know Lampson was holding a PR. I did find it funny though. I don't believe in protests, such a waste of time. Red, you gonna sit there and say that Dems. have never interrupted a DeLay speech ? C'mon :lol: !

I understand about the IF, you are right. I guess most Limpson supporters stay in Beaumont. Who knows, I am happy that you guys got a bright spot, when DeLay, dropped out, but even that wasn;t good enough for you, and you start the name calling. Wasn't your intention to just get him out of the office ? You win, then you become poor winners. AMAZING !

Lampson's disadvantage is that he's fighting a ghost.

Look for more incidents like this, because there's no one to hold the protesters accountable. If the Republicans had already named a candidate, it would be incumbant on him to denounce these tactics, or look like an ass himself. As it stands, Lampson is in an awkward position. If he ignores the protesters, he may be seen as being weak. If he tries to address them, he will be shouted down - and again, seen as weak. If he tries to outshout them, he has sunk to their level and people will remember his rudeness.

Have any of you been to the Pig Stand on Washington Ave? They have a sign (I paraphrase) "Please do not argue with the Waitresses. By the time you're rolling in the mud with them, you'll realize that this is what they enjoy."

Maybe Lampson needs to bring some Pig Stand waitresses to his press conferances.

Lampson's disadvantage is that he's fighting a ghost.

Look for more incidents like this, because there's no one to hold the protesters accountable. If the Republicans had already named a candidate, it would be incumbant on him to denounce these tactics, or look like an ass himself. As it stands, Lampson is in an awkward position. If he ignores the protesters, he may be seen as being weak. If he tries to address them, he will be shouted down - and again, seen as weak. If he tries to outshout them, he has sunk to their level and people will remember his rudeness.

I think this will go away fairly quickly. As I mentioned earlier, shouting him down to the point that he can't be heard doesn't hurt him. It shows the "opponents" to be lowlifes. This is the type of tactic used at KKK rallies, not political ones. The occasional taunt or pointed question, as well as the signs are one thing. Trying to drown out the speech completely is not conduct that MOST voters appreciate. They'd rather hear what Lampson says and point out the flaws, rather than see a crowd drown him out. That would be the intelligent way to debate an issue.

The other reason it will die out is the fact that Tom DeLay is done. Over. No use to anyone. What cause are these protesters supporting? That they support a FORMER Congressman? That will get old really quickly...probably within a week or so.

Ah but alas, this is not about Clinton it is about a seemingly never ending stream of incompetence, lying...

But Clinton is those things. Perhaps the first one is perception, but without a doubt, the second one is factual.

But Clinton is those things. Perhaps the first one is perception, but without a doubt, the second one is factual.

Jeebus, got a more RECENT example? Could we live in the now please? Keep it up and I'll start bringing up Nixon!

Archived