"Tillman Fortito"

KimberlySayWhat

What a way to butcher a name. :lol:

I was just reading a month-old press release saying that "Fortito" plans to build a $25 million dinosaur-themed restaurant at Disney.

Not really a point to my posting this other than I just thought it was hilarious the way they spelled his name. :lol:

By the way, Fortito, put some mo' of those dollars and themed goodies here at your home, why don't you! Come on.

http://www.mickeynews.com/News/DisplayPres..._Q_id_E_366Dine

What a way to butcher a name. :lol:

I was just reading a month-old press release saying that "Fortito" plans to build a $25 million dinosaur-themed restaurant at Disney.

Not really a point to my posting this other than I just thought it was hilarious the way they spelled his name. :lol:

By the way, Fortito, put some mo' of those dollars and themed goodies here at your home, why don't you! Come on.

http://www.mickeynews.com/News/DisplayPres..._Q_id_E_366Dine

You know Landry's is the largest landowner along the Gulf Coast, don't you? And given that that's their focus, they have to be very geographically diversified within that area. With too many investments in any one place, all it takes is one really bad hurricane...

Yep. But I want some more here! I want a monster sized theme park. Something new.

You know, I hate to turn this into a Plastic-style post, but Pelican Island would be ideal place for just such an amusement park. All it would take is for someone with some serious cash to buy it up (most of it is federally-owned, I believe), build it up quite a few feet, hurricane-proof it, and develop the thing as a mega-theme park, complete with all the fun activities that can be had on boats on large bodies of open water (paragliding, water-skiing, beer-drinking, etc.) If Tilman underwrote some portion of such a project, he could even run a people-ferry (unlike Bolivar) straight from Kemah to Pelican Island and have all the hotels located at Kemah so that the projects would be supportive of one another. Then he could get the City of Galveston to run a streetcar line across to Pelican Island, and tourists would have every option at their disposal.

Think of it from the tourists' perspective: You fly in to IAH or Hobby and are shuttled in to Kemah. All the on-site hotels, boutique and otherwise, are incorporated into the Boardwalk. This is the more urbane and sophisticated setting, where one can relax after a full day of catering to the kids' wants and demands. The next morning, you're shuttled by boat out to the Pelican Island Theme Park. The first part of the day is spent riding rides and doing all the stuff that there is to do at a theme park. For lunch, you haul the family into The Strand, get a bite to eat, possibly tour the Railroad Museum or some such kid-friendly educational experience, and then are transported to the East Beach by streetcar for an afternoon in the sun. Let the kids build sand castles; let mom work on her tan; dad will just take in the scantily-clad 'scenery'. As night falls, head back to Pelican Island and catch the ferry back to Kemah. It's time to have a nice dinner, so the tourists partake of one of Kemah's nicer restaurants, put the kids to sleep, hit a spa, go for a few drinks, and head back to the highrise hotel overlooking the Boardwalk, Seabrook, and the inlet to Clear Lake.

Almost forgot: to completely Plasticize this post, I'm going to have to miSspeL something. I hope that was adquate.

Does anyone know if folks such as Frilito read these forums or other people who have clout and can possibly have a hand in making something happen? What about people from the Greater Houston Visitor's bureau. Just curious.

All I can say to you is GOOD LUCK. If you can arrange meetings, I'll gladly do the dog & pony.

Archived