Hanover Montrose: Multifamily At 3400 Montrose Blvd.

HoustonMidtown

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone else mentioned that the building was reminiscent of Manila, so I guess the more, ummmm, "adventurous and exciting" methods of demo would only be fitting.

i was watching this from the Houston Club at the top of One Shell Plaza today. The view of the demolition was perfectly framed under the projector screen of the presentation I was watching. Crazy.

No, my iPhone and it looks much better on the phone but somehow in transferring it to my iPad I guess the crane ate it.

Sorry it was pretty amazing watching it tear that wall out.

Thanks! :) The iPhone HDR app I used disappointed me a bit with the noise on the edge of the building but I might be able to touch that up. Either way, the sun reminds me of a bomb going off in the background, as if this is a war zone...

Thanks! :) The iPhone HDR app I used disappointed me a bit with the noise on the edge of the building but I might be able to touch that up. Either way, the sun reminds me of a bomb going off in the background, as if this is a war zone...

It seriously looks like a picture of Japan after the bombs or some other war ravaged place. Really eerie but beautiful pic nonetheless I like the noise, it kind of gives it a "glowing" look, and compared to the rest of the pic it's as if it's holding onto life but knows its fate is sealed. 

It seriously looks like a picture of Japan after the bombs or some other war ravaged place. Really eerie but beautiful pic nonetheless I like the noise, it kind of gives it a "glowing" look, and compared to the rest of the pic it's as if it's holding onto life but knows its fate is sealed. 

I was going to say the exact same thing. It's kind of a spooky image and does look like something out of Hiroshima or Pripyat after Chernobyl. 

It wont be long before we'll have a thirty story replacement. You'll recover.

I wasn't whining....I was just saying that after driving up and down Montrose almost daily for the last 15 years, it's strange not to see that building there...I am excited for the new building and all the changes happening....

Just in case anybody forgot, here's what the new building is supposed to look like. I just hope they break ground soon and don't leave a pile of rubble sitting there for years.

11950004573_ffecfcb945_b.jpg

I just hope they break ground soon and don't leave a pile of rubble sitting there for years.

To be honest, what would the point be for them to pay the demo crew extra for bringing it down quickly if they wanted to let the rubble sit there for a few years?

To be honest, what would the point be for them to pay the demo crew extra for bringing it down quickly if they wanted to let the rubble sit there for a few years?

Good point. I'm just used to seeing that happen in Houston. Or maybe not rubble but an empty lot. Like the Prudential building in the med center or the River Cafe lot (Okay that tone is smaller but it's sat empty for so long).

Archived