More Than 500,000 Rally in L.A. for Immigrants' Rights

Guest danax

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Above Article:

Some Reagan students said they will try to raise a Mexican flag again today. They said they want it to fly at least above the Texas flag on the pole.
That's enough to piss me off.
Carina Muriel, a junior at Channelview High School, said she doesn't think it's appropriate for her rallying classmates to carry Mexican flags.

"If they really want to show devotion, they should be carrying U.S. flags," she said.

Muriel said students at her school are walking out, wearing white shirts and carrying Mexican flags.

"More than half don't even know why they are doing it," she said. "It seems to me that they just want to be part of something big, but they don't know what it is. They've never before cared about politics, or what was going on with our government. The reason they care now is because it gives them a chance to cut class."

Jose Cantu, 18, a junior at Reagan, said he read the 54-page bill Wednesday so he could understand why he's protesting. "It got confusing," he said. "So I wanted to see the whole thing."

Finally! The two smartest Hispanic kids in all of HISD.

Am I on the wrong forum? Are these the same people who were trash talking Hispnanics for being offended at the name "1836"? And now you are offended because Mexican immigrants carried a Mexican flag at THEIR demonstration?

I so love America! This is the only country where hypocrisy is not a bad term, but a cherished tradition! :lol:

the article above says that the school district had to spend $5,500 to transport

30 busloads of their own students from city hall back to 3 different high schools.

why did they do that? i would love to see the parents picking up those kids....

"uh, mom can you pick me up? no, i'm not at school, i skipped class to mass protest today..."

did the school pick them up because they were under their care that day?

and if so why did they let them leave? after a kid ditches school, is it still

the school's responsibilty to give them a ride back?

All of you need to pick up a "Day Without A Mexican." It's a movie one of my Mexican friends had. Takes place in SoCal.

oh no! that movie won't help your cause. it was more bad sci-fi than anything.

people disappear mysteriously everywhere because they are mexican for

absolutely no reason. then the white folks have to deal with life on their own,

after previously shown gleefully doing insulting things to mexicans. i had a free

pass to rent that movie and found it offensively stereotypical to both whites and

mexicans (the only two groups the film deals with). it may have went straight to

video, actually.

Ha ha..

Okay Okay... but on a serious note...

713, How many Mexicans can you eat per day ?

In a bit of jaw-dropping deja vu, The Daily Show's Jon Stewart just suggested making the 11 million illegal immigrants into food for the elderly....sort of a "Soylent Verde", as it were.

:blink:

Oh, and Lou Dobbs said we should get rid of St. Patrick's Day, because people wave Irish flags.

:o

We're on the cutting edge of political debate, aren't we?

:lol:

Yesterday at Klein Oak High School in far Northwest Harris County, a few dozen Hispanic students came to school dressed alike in white tee shirts. They tried to leave at Noon, but the extra security staff paid for by the school district detained the students. Then they tried again to leave en masse during 6th period. They went into the halls chanting "La Raza" and flashing gang signs. Again, they were detained. It is unclear where they thought they were going. It would have been quite a long way for them to walk to City Hall!

A non-Hispanic student who had heard about the staged walk-out (many students knew about it, and apparently the faculty, because the security force was at every exit) decided to wear his own white tee-shirt, with the words "Go Home!" hand-written on the shirt. He was suspended for his actions, while the Hispanic students were merely counseled on the appropriate way to protest...

In a bit of jaw-dropping deja vu, The Daily Show's Jon Stewart just suggested making the 11 million illegal immigrants into food for the elderly....sort of a "Soylent Verde", as it were.

Does that come w/chips? Or ar they chips?

Am I on the wrong forum? Are these the same people who were trash talking Hispnanics for being offended at the name "1836"? And now you are offended because Mexican immigrants carried a Mexican flag at THEIR demonstration?

I so love America! This is the only country where hypocrisy is not a bad term, but a cherished tradition! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::wacko:

These folks obviously resided in the Kerry camp a couple of years ago. I will also be surprised if Johnny Mata and the rest of the LULAC bunch don't have a hissy that none of the colors of the Mexican flag are represented in the NEW Dynamo uniforms. It's just sooooooo unfair, Boo Friggin Hoo !

:lol::lol::lol::wacko:

These folks obviously resided in the Kerry camp a couple of years ago. I will also be surprised if Johnny Mata and the rest of the LULAC bunch don't have a hissy that none of the colors of the Mexican flag are represented in the NEW Dynamo uniforms. It's just sooooooo unfair, Boo Friggin Hoo !

Hmmm.....Kerry is looking better these days. Actually, we were lucky Kerry lost. He was not a strong candidate and Bush and his buds have this country in such a mess they really need to take the blame/credit for it. Kerry couldn't have done much to fix things. We can wait 'til Novemeber to take over again. Oooops....did I stray off topic......Uuuuuuuh.....protesters carrying Mexican flags.....BAAAAAD!!!!!

TJ. You know I just couldn't let that "speaking of B52's" reference to Kerry slide. ^_^

Hmmm.....Kerry is looking better these days. Actually, we were lucky Kerry lost. He was not a strong candidate and Bush and his buds have this country in such a mess they really need to take the blame/credit for it. Kerry couldn't have done much to fix things. We can wait 'til Novemeber to take over again. Oooops....did I stray off topic......Uuuuuuuh.....protesters carrying Mexican flags.....BAAAAAD!!!!!

TJ. You know I just couldn't let that "speaking of B52's" reference to Kerry slide. ^_^

That's right, the 11 million illegals all came across in the last 4 years or so. Get your head out of the sand West ! BTW....can I buy some of that stuff you are smoking ?

I think you missed the reference though, As far as Kerry, I was referring to wafflers or the flip-flopping of some of the esteemed posters here that Red made reference to.

LULAC recruiting middleschoolers and high schoolers to do their dirtywork is PITIFUL ! I heard some make remarks that the reason all these kids are protesting because they are scared their parents are going to be deported. Can anyone show me where THAT has ever happened, especially after an illegal has been "established" here for 5 years or more ?

LULAC recruiting middleschoolers and high schoolers to do their dirtywork is PITIFUL ! I heard some make remarks that the reason all these kids are protesting because they are scared their parents are going to be deported. Can anyone show me where THAT has ever happened, after an illegal has been "established" here for 5 years or more ?

You're right, TJ, that it hasn't ever happened on a large scale. However, that is the Bill that passed in the House. Whether it was done for show (knowing the Senate would soften it up), or the House really intends to deport 11 million immigrants, that is EXACTLY what these kids fear.

In the past, I would never have thought it possible. But, some of the extreme rhetoric flying around by CONGRESSMEN has me wondering if it could occur. Think Elian Gonzales repeated 11 million times. Sounds like I need to bone up on my Spanish. I may become an Immigration attorney soon.

You're right, TJ, that it hasn't ever happened on a large scale. However, that is the Bill that passed in the House. Whether it was done for show (knowing the Senate would soften it up), or the House really intends to deport 11 million immigrants, that is EXACTLY what these kids fear.

In the past, I would never have thought it possible. But, some of the extreme rhetoric flying around by CONGRESSMEN has me wondering if it could occur. Think Elian Gonzales repeated 11 million times. Sounds like I need to bone up on my Spanish. I may become an Immigration attorney soon.

Then I want to jump in on your Class Action suit also. I am sure in my family there is a Hispanic in the woodpile somewhere. I am 6th generation Texan. :D

Also, Elian Gonzales was demanded he be returned home by his father. If your son was in a foreign land, what would you do ? I agree that it was a total Snafu. A dark day in our legal system. Going by the letter of the law sometimes just has horrible consequences Counselor. Here is the whole story.

http://www.migrationint.com.au/news/barcel...n_2000-01mn.asp

Then I want to jump in on your Class Action suit also. I am sure in my family there is a Hispanic in the woodpile somewhere. I am 6th generation Texan. :D

Also, Elian Gonzales was demanded he be returned home by his father. If your son was in a foreign land, what would you do ? I agree that it was a total Snafu. A dark day in our legal system. Going by the letter of the law sometimes just has horrible consequences Counselor. Here is the whole story.

http://www.migrationint.com.au/news/barcel...n_2000-01mn.asp

Chill out, TJ. I'm not debating the wisdom of sending Elian back. In fact, I agree that he should have been reunited with his father. I'm talking about the ugly scene of federal agents arresting non-violent women and children to forcibly remove them from the country....over and over and over.

It wouldn't be pretty. And it could turn violent. I just wonder what these people are doing that is so bad that we would need to go to this extreme. Maybe danax really IS pissed about the bad paint jobs and landscaping.

ALRIGHT! I love those guys!

Team_America-one-sheet_L.jpg

That's right, the 11 million illegals all came across in the last 4 years or so. Get your head out of the sand West ! BTW....can I buy some of that stuff you are smoking ?

I think you missed the reference though, As far as Kerry, I was referring to wafflers or the flip-flopping of some of the esteemed posters here that Red made reference to.

LULAC recruiting middleschoolers and high schoolers to do their dirtywork is PITIFUL ! I heard some make remarks that the reason all these kids are protesting because they are scared their parents are going to be deported. Can anyone show me where THAT has ever happened, especially after an illegal has been "established" here for 5 years or more ?

Who said 11 million illegals all came across in the last 4 years? Wasn't me.

Aaaaah, wafflers and flip-floppers. Kind of like Bush who can't decide if border security is more important than his rich supporters who make a fortune off of illegals labor? Hmmmm....are we in a post 911 world or aren't we? Is homeland security job 1 or isn't it. Guess not when it interferes with financial interests. Can you say "Dubai Ports Deal"? What's worse about Bush's "waffling" is that he is in power and we all get hurt by it.

Yep, recruiting school children is pitiful. The Mexican flag waving doesn't do much to help their cause. They really need a PR consultant.

Who said 11 million illegals all came across in the last 4 years? Wasn't me.

Aaaaah, wafflers and flip-floppers. Kind of like Bush who can't decide if border security is more important than his rich supporters who make a fortune off of illegals labor? Hmmmm....are we in a post 911 world or aren't we? Is homeland security job 1 or isn't it. Guess not when it interferes with financial interests. Can you say "Dubai Ports Deal"? What's worse about Bush's "waffling" is that he is in power and we all get hurt by it.

Yep, recruiting school children is pitiful. The Mexican flag waving doesn't do much to help their cause. They really need a PR consultant.

Take this from a guy from the outside looking in to America:

I don't think anyone on this arguement is thinking about America. They're only thinking about themselves.

-Bush is going to attempt to use this immigration debate to his advantage to get his approval rating up.

-Some students actually care about the subject, but I'm sure there's some looking to ditch school for fun

-The lawmakers just want to prove they can get something done before their terms are up

-Clinton will kiss Hilary's ass; not for her to win the presidency, but because he wants @$$ again.

Folks, let's face it. America's not been acting and reacting as it should have been since March 2003. It's appalling. And it's easy to just blame Bush, but it's not just him; it's congress as a whole. We fight a war off of bad intellegence, and did piss poor with Katrina. The two events that SHOULD be getting congress's attention. Instead, they decide to debate this immigration crap NOW, when it's been a problem for YEARS? Even before 9/11, the public (and media dudes like Bill O'Reilly) have been talking about illegal immigration being a problem in America. But now that Bush finishes his term in 2 years and because his ratings are low, now is the time to talk about it?

I think Congress as a whole are acting incompetent, and need to take more control of themselves

DJ, Bush doesn't need an approval rating, he isn't running for re-election my friend.

Red, my oldest and dearest on here, I wasn't yelling at you, sorry if I came across that way, I was simply pointing out. I agree that Elian is still a "black-eye" to America. I think he should have been able to stay, and anyway to hurt Castro is a plus in my book. Why can't that old man finally shrivel up and go away ? You can bet it is gonna get bloody before this whole immigration issue is over. I just cringe at the fact that LULAC is using children to further their cause. I don't think it will turn into an all out race war, I have talked to several Mexican-Americans who think the illegals should go through the process legally, just like their grand parents and parents did.

DJ, Folks like Sean Hannity and O'Reilly, and Mike Savage have been talking about the borders for far longer than the past 30 days. The question is, how do you stop a leaking faucet that has been running for 10 to 12 years now without persecuting well meaning people.

Time to face it TJones, George Bush has abandoned you and the rest of the conservatives in conservativeland.

Example ?

:lol::lol::lol: I am way to dilluted to believe that. You Libs kill me. You cry when our Government wants to make sure that no terrorists plots are taking place over phone lines by tapping people that are strictly receiving overseas calls from known terrorists countries, then you cry even louder because now our Gov. tries to do things the Lib way and wants to possibly let illegals get a pass unchecked.

YOU CAN"T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS !

All I want is to feel safe in my own country, double edged sword, we can't isolate ourselves from the rest of the world by building big walls and saying "OK, nobody else can come in. We Are Closed !" We can't send all the illegals that are already here, BACK. We can send the really dangerous ones back, gonna cost some money, but it needs to be done. I would love to build that wall, and one just like it across Canada, let's tow Hawaii back to the coast of California and break off Alaska and position it just off Washington state while we are at it. I don't believe that anyone on this forum or on the Democrats side could do a better job than our current President, MY OPINION, I am entitled to it. I can't explain all of George's decisions, I am not privy to all the information in which is the basis for his decisions. I refuse to believe that that man would ever do anything to intentionally put this country into any kind of harm whatsoever.

Let me just clear this up.. Mexican is not a race - its a nationality.

BUT, They claim themsleves to be THE RACE ! LA RAZA ! Think they may be full of themselves.

I knew I still had this pic of Me, Red, and Nmain down in Cancun about 1986 or 87.

three-amigos-the-photo-the-three-amigos-6205061.jpg

Archived