It's Coming To Galveston A Full Blown Resort

http://www.imageshack.us

1. Hit the "browse" button - (should bring up a folder with your documents)

2. Select your document, then hit "open"

3. Hit the "host it" button (the uploading begins)

4. Copy the url at the bottom that reads " Direct link to image"

5. Paste that url to this site

6. Add the "img" tags to that url; which means, to the end, and %7Boption%7D at the beginning of the url

i give up. you are going to have to trust me, it's cool. we'll all have to wait on the developer. :blush:

First of all, kudos on the KISS graphics. Haven't seen this many KISS references in a long time. Very nice.

As far as this project, i got a boot leg copy of a site plan from a broker in Galveston over the weekend. However, i have no idea how to post or i would....It is already an electronic copy, i just don't know how to put it on the site, no scanning necessary.

If someone wants to explain how to post, please do and i will see if i can accomplish....

Thanks.

Please post and i shall salute you wiith my goblet of rock!

First of all, kudos on the KISS graphics. Haven't seen this many KISS references in a long time. Very nice.

As far as this project, i got a boot leg copy of a site plan from a broker in Galveston over the weekend. However, i have no idea how to post or i would....It is already an electronic copy, i just don't know how to put it on the site, no scanning necessary.

If someone wants to explain how to post, please do and i will see if i can accomplish....

Thanks.

Please post and i shall salute you wiith my goblet of rock!

Heard from my contacts within the City Gov that developer is Randall Davis and his team was down in Galveston yesterday meeting with some of the Powers that Be to discuss specifics. Their office is allegedly taking options on the project, although i haven't called RD's office to confirm this.

You heard it hear first!!!

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Name of project is Diamond.....

Randall Davis... LAME. He should stick to ugly loft buildings. He is out of his league and this will bankrupt him. Of couse that is if this is true.

Thanks again TNJ! I was very excited when you mentioned Randall Davis' name. What do you mean by Randall Davis' office is taking options, I'm not quite sure I understand?

Diamond huh, I guess his crown jewel will rest in G-Town after all! We get the "Emerald" and "Diamond" while Padre gets "Sapphire" :rolleyes:

I'm not familiar with the process, so I will go ahead and ask. Roughly how long does it generally take in between this stage and renderings showing up on his website, or does it just all depend?

"Taking Options" may refer to Randall Davis' act of selling his " brand name" I don't think he is actually developing Emerald by the Sea but in fact sold the rights to use the name "a Randall Davis development" to whomever is doing the deal.

Randall Davis... LAME. He should stick to ugly loft buildings. He is out of his league and this will bankrupt him. Of couse that is if this is true.

Hasn't Randall Davis already gone well beyond his original loft building genre... and apparently so far managed to avoid bankruptcy?

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the island yesterday, on business for a few hours (didn't get to do or see much). I hadn't been there in years. Just like Houston, Galveston has soooo much potential. I see people and developments happening. Good going Galveston keep it up ;)

WOW :o

If he can pull this off I will be amazed. The rendering looks amazing. Put in a pool with bar and I am there. Of course it will probably be $350 per night so I will most likely head to Mexico instead. Better gaucamole anyway.

NEVERMIND. I just read the article and noticed it is a Condo Project. That makes more sense. A Pool Bar would still kick A.

OK, I am now convinced this will rule. Total 180.

My father in law has a condo (worth roughly $150k) along the seawall. I am going to start the hard court press to upgrade to one of these unit. They live in Dallas and would get down there alot but My wife and I would get it too. He will probably not go for it.

• 4 months later...

It sounds like this project is getting ready to kick off. They are starting the purchase contract process. Does anyone have any impressions on Diamond Beach? Is it still a good investment, in relation to the other new condos going up in Galveston? Thanks.

Wow.. It's time Galveston gets condos like this! It's also time for the western end to develop!

I really hope to see how this project turns out - The design looks so cool!

These condos, BTW, are zoned to the following Galveston ISD schools: Oppe Elementary, Weis Middle, and Ball High - Of course, it'll raise tax rates and drive out some of the GISD families..

• 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to It's Coming To Galveston A Full Blown Resort

Archived