What to see in Dallas?

A friend is interviewing in Dallas this week, and plans on spending a couple of days to check the city out to see if he likes it. Anyway, he is looking for advice on what to see. The only thing I could come up with in a hurry was the Nasher Sculpture Garden. He's not going to be into the shopping/touristy thing (eg Dallas Galleria), but is really into arts and architecture. So what are the other highlights they should see?

Thanks!

- White Rock Lake and Arboretum

- Lakewood Village and check out nearby Swiss Avenue and Lakewood for some great unique architecture. Actually there are great homes in that whole area along Gaston

- Bishop Arts in Oak Cliff. There are some nice little spots in there to see music and grab some local food and art. Great, great architecture in North Oak Cliff too. Really nice hilly landscape as well

- I even took some people up Turtle Creek into HP, and then to Preston Hollow and Bluffview to see some of the amazing homes. Great for any architecture lover.

- Museum of Flight at Love Field(touristy, but most don't even know its there)

- World Aquarium downtown(touristy, but most don't even know its there)

- I think most people even miss the trolley in Uptown because they stay downtown

- Texas Queen on Lake Ray Hubbard(another thing most don't know is there)

One thing I would suggest is to just get on the train and ride. There is a ton to do, and the trains actually have guides on what to do just right off the trains. The system is just small enough to where it shouldn't be intimidating, but big enough where it could occupy one. Plenty of shopping big and small, some arts venues, lots and lots of food, and plenty of shows.

All those above!

Get a cup of coffee and sit in front of the Crescent Hotel to look at Victory being built. If a drive is in the options, the courthouse in Waxahachie is a must.

i've always wanted to see the wild mustangs (sculpture) 'running' through las colinas.

Archived