Marq*E Entertainment Center At 7620 Katy Fwy.

Guest Marty
Exactly. There are many posters on this board who misspell words and use gramatically challenged sentences, but rarely do we not understand the post. Good post sttombiz.

I always take the time and effort to do spell check and make sure i don't type as fast as i can so quit being sttombiz cheerleader.

You're probably right. But, when I read the post, I'd assumed the confusion came from there being a bar called Marquis II, which I bet also calls its fair share of cabs.

I'm assuming "Marq*E" is pronounced like Marquis - but, then again, maybe the "*E" is supposed to be an unpronouncable glyph. Which really would cause taxi problems.

Funny thing is, we could probably ask 30 different people what the original post meant and get 30 different answers.

I was lost after the word "can." I thought to myself, who goes to the theater and asks for a can? Did he mean the bathroom as in, "where is the can?" Or, maybe he meant like a can of soda?

If you asked a cab to come to the Marquis (or Marquee, or Marq*E or however you want to spell it) without any additional direction, they may have wondered were you asking for them to come to any of the following:

A.Marquis Family Dentistry

281-656-2200

6037 N Fry Rd Ste Ste

Houston TX 77002

B.Marquis Jet Partners

281-855-4241

Houston TX 77002

C.Carrie R Marquis

713-227-9600

440 Louisiana Ste 1450

Houston TX 77002-1691

D.The Marquis At Bellaire Leasing Office

713-349-8855

5454 Newcastle Ofc

Houston TX 77081-2245

E.The Marquis At Bellaire

713-349-8866

5454 Newcastle Ofc

Houston TX 77081-2245

F.Marquis II (This is what I thought you were talking about at first, especially when you said you asked for a CAN)

713-522-2090

2631 Bissonnet St

Houston TX 77005-1303

G.Marquis Litigation Service

713-688-9300

6815 Northampton Way

Houston TX 77055-7618

H.Marquis Messengers

713-862-2801

1289 N Post Oak Rd

Houston TX 77055-7267

I.Marquis Distributors

713-941-6122

7999 Hansen Rd

Houston TX 77061-3481

J.Marquis Messengers

713-957-2117

1289 N Post Oak Rd

Houston TX 77055-7267

Hotel Marquis & Suites

281-446-9131

6115 Will Clayton Parkway

Humble TX 77373

Where is "Jullians"?

Like I said: "Jullian's (or whatever is there now).." As in: "I don't really know, much less care.." The point of my post was to educate Plastic on how to ask for a cab over the phone.

Edited by Jeebus

Like I said: "Jullian's (or whatever is there now).." As in: "I don't really know, much less care.." The point of my post was to educate Plastic on how to ask for a cab over the phone.

I still say that person was wanting to get whipped/hog tied or something :ph34r::lol:

• 2 months later...

I was surprised that it closed - though I probably would not have been if the theater was NOT stadium seating.

The vicinity of Northline Mall has been a seedy area - But I thought that the Aldine/Northline Mall population could support a basic theater from a first run company.

So, that leaves AMC with 8 movie theatres - I believe two (Dunvale and Gulf Pointe) are in the Houston city limits.

EDIT: There are three in the Houston city limits - Willowbrook Mall is in Houston as well.

Aside from Houston, in Harris County, AMC has one in Humble (Deerbrook Mall) and one in unincorporated Harris County (Loews Spring 10).

In Fort Bend County, AMC has one in Stafford (Loews Fountains), one in Sugar Land (First Colony), and one in Katy (Katy Mills Circle).

Edited by VicMan

once again, the key to the next successful movie theatre is who can get the SW Houston market between 2234 to Almeda Road as there's no theatre nearby in those areas

Pearland is the closest but outside of that it's a 15-minute drive at least to the nearest theatre for my old area.....we lost Cinema 6 in Mo. City as other theatres popped up with better amenities and Meyer Park is gone also....

they may need to do one of those zip code surveys to see where most of that area is attending movies...

Magic Johnson's Theatre wasn't bad to attend....nothing but youngsters hung out there but it was decent...I wonder why he's not reopening it as there's a big void on I-45 until Loews in Spring I think....all that does is push the moviegoers to Tinseltown on 290, AMC in Willowbrook or AMC in Humble

AMC now owns Loews and Magic Johnson - So I believe AMC made the decision to axe the Magic Johnson Northline.

If the Magic Johnson had stadium seating... then that's sad.

once again, the key to the next successful movie theatre is who can get the SW Houston market between 2234 to Almeda Road as there's no theatre nearby in those areas

Pearland is the closest but outside of that it's a 15-minute drive at least to the nearest theatre for my old area.....we lost Cinema 6 in Mo. City as other theatres popped up with better amenities and Meyer Park is gone also....

they may need to do one of those zip code surveys to see where most of that area is attending movies...

Magic Johnson's Theatre wasn't bad to attend....nothing but youngsters hung out there but it was decent...I wonder why he's not reopening it as there's a big void on I-45 until Loews in Spring I think....all that does is push the moviegoers to Tinseltown on 290, AMC in Willowbrook or AMC in Humble

AMC now owns Loews and Magic Johnson - So I believe AMC made the decision to axe the Magic Johnson Northline.

If the Magic Johnson had stadium seating... then that's sad.

it did but it wouldn't have worked out with ed wulfe's plan.

Edited by musicman

i actually think theaters as we know them are going to start to go away. they only make money on the concessions.

i can put up a 40" - 86" screen at home, not hear 20 kids talking, and 3 cell phones ringing, and have a beer and a steak for the cost of a coke and popcorn and movie.

the current movie theater model is terrible. we may have theaters, but not like they are today. i hardly even go to the theater any more. if i REALLY want to SEE and HEAR the movie, I go to the theater on Weslyan - high price + pay to park = fewer kids just hanging out and talking through the movie (i understand, i was a bad ass kid, too. but i don't have to like it now that i'm old.) if my wife just wants to go to the movies, we hit Willowbrook or the Marq*E on i-10 and prepare to deal with racket.

it would be nice to have nice stuff nearby, in the city or in the near burbs... not necessarily "new" (ie, far out burbs) just nice stuff.

thats tragic news for the ghetto community ... ah haha ... JK ... well they still have the MarqE. Im soo happy to hear its gone that mall really sucked I havent been there in 10 years and it sucked balls back then. I dont really go to the movies anymore. The Marq E is trash now I really wish it could become what it once was.

Correction. They pushing moviegoers to Tinseltown on I-10 east, AMC in Willowbrook and Humble.

For me, I always go to AMC in Humble, but I was surprised they closed down Magic Johnson last month.

the current movie theater model is terrible.

I'm not exactly sure what "model" you're talking about or how it could be changed. But when I was in Crete, I saw Batman and it was a very nice place. Very thick comfy seats with a balcony. Cool place

it was a hole. went there to see a movie a few weeks ago; the building reeked of mold, the place was littered with trash and the sound system crapped out halfway through the movie.

Which one are you talking about? Magic Johnson? Or the Edwards Marq*E?

Now that you guys mention the Marq*e, if I remember correctly Magic Johnson Owns that.

Regal Cinemas owns Edwards and therefore owns the Marq*E.

Edited by VicMan

it was a hole. went there to see a movie a few weeks ago; the building reeked of mold, the place was littered with trash and the sound system crapped out halfway through the movie.

Seems like most megaplexes are really nice when they're first built, then over time the theater chains don't bother to maintain the facilities or the projection & sound equipment properly, which eventually leads to the situation you describe. Of course, it doesn't help that most patrons seem to be completely incapable of carrying their trash out and depositing it in the trash bins at the exits. Based on informal surveys I've read in the past, I think most people just throw garbage on the floor because they know that there are people whose job it is to clean up after every show. I would no more leave trash in a theater than I would toss it out of my car onto the highway, but I hardly ever buy anything at the concession stand at a movie anyway.

Which one are you talking about? Magic Johnson? Or the Edwards Marq*E?

magic johnson

Seems like most megaplexes are really nice when they're first built, then over time the theater chains don't bother to maintain the facilities or the projection & sound equipment properly, which eventually leads to the situation you describe. Of course, it doesn't help that most patrons seem to be completely incapable of carrying their trash out and depositing it in the trash bins at the exits. Based on informal surveys I've read in the past, I think most people just throw garbage on the floor because they know that there are people whose job it is to clean up after every show. I would no more leave trash in a theater than I would toss it out of my car onto the highway, but I hardly ever buy anything at the concession stand at a movie anyway.

AMC 30 on dunvale and the various cinemark/ tinstletown theaters that are as old or older are kept up. people will always dump their trash on the floor but most theaters have people that come and sweep it up at the end of each movie. the MJ theater obviously had no one doing this.

The Edwards is really nice, but some of the places that people rave about, are kinda nasty to me. I mean, how hard would it be to once a week come in and steam clean everything? Surely with our $8 - $12 ticket prices they can afford to do this?