Marq*E Entertainment Center At 7620 Katy Fwy.

I wonder what they (LA Fitness) will do with the old skate park outside. You can't really fill it and use it as a pool. I don't think is was constructed soundly enough for all that water. Plus it could only serve a recreational pool if they did, and not an olympic sized lap pool.

Also, why is Magic taking interest in Houston properties? Does he have a tie to Houston? Are we the only other city he's buying in?

• Like 1

Also, why is Magic taking interest in Houston properties? Does he have a tie to Houston? Are we the only other city he's buying in?

According to the article, "The company has entered the Houston market with a strong support network of government officials. Mayor Bill White approached Johnson and Turner about investing in Houston about a year ago when the company had just closed its second investment fund." So I guess you could say Houston took an interest in Magic, instead of the other way around :)

• Like 1

Also mentioned an LA Fitness being built in the former indoor skating park. But they also said they want something to be placed in their 30,000+ sq feet of vacant retail space.

i'm kinda surprised that LA FITNESS is going there, since magic is heavily associated with 24 hour fitness (and they are a much bigger chain).

interesting...

• Like 1

Few more Questions...

When Marq-E was first opened, wasn't the big selling attraction the indoor skatepark? And when did that change? Also, is there another popular indoor skatepark in Houston?

Lastly, it also mentioned something about an adjacent 20,000sq ft space there that may have some kind of development. Curious what will happen there, too.

• Like 1

Few more Questions...

When Marq-E was first opened, wasn't the big selling attraction the indoor skatepark? And when did that change? Also, is there another popular indoor skatepark in Houston?

Lastly, it also mentioned something about an adjacent 20,000sq ft space there that may have some kind of development. Curious what will happen there, too.

maybe they could build one of those indoor ski thingies like in dubai.

• Like 1

I loved Marq*E when it first opened and thought it had real potential, but the little ____ ghetto teenagers that ran amok bullied any decent people out. Nobody wants to walk around on a date or with their family when you have 16-year olds screaming expletives and chasing each other everywhere. It got really out of hand at one point, if I recall there was a whole expose on the kids there in the Press or similar paper. It's no wonder everything is closing! I hope Magic can do something with it.

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1

I wonder if the location works for or against them

I don't really think there's problem with its location. I was flabbergasted when I last went there. I still remember when it first open up, its full of life, people, and stores. Pacific Sunwear, Vans, A & W, Dapy's, EB Games and Putting Edge were all there and now theyve been replaced with no-name stores that belong at Nothwest or Northline. I hate to say this but I think the Marq*E is the future Northline. Memorial City, a couple of exits away from Silber Rd. is opening a Cinemark soon. I just hate what the Marq*E has turn into I mean you just have a feeling you're gonna get mugged when you're there. LMAO

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Guest Plastic
And a Dave & Buster's will take over the former Jillans location.

Jillian's is gone? Dang I thought that place was doing good?

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Plastic

I was at The Marquee on Silber. I requested a can and the dispatcher asked me which one. ANd I'm like what other ones are there. And then she said there's 2. Well I said I was at the one at I-10 and Silber. I asked her where the other one was she just made a sound like I was crazy and hung up the phone.

So I'm asking is there a new Marquee Entertainment Center.

I was at The Marquee on Silber. I requested a can and the dispatcher asked me which one. ANd I'm like what other ones are there. And then she said there's 2. Well I said I was at the one at I-10 and Silber. I asked her where the other one was she just made a sound like I was crazy and hung up the phone.

So I'm asking is there a new Marquee Entertainment Center.

Plastic I intend no offense, but if you speak English like you type it, then a lot of people probably have a hard time understanding you. Then again, the cab dispatcher probably speaks worse English than your typing so no telling what she told you as well.

Bottom line is that no, there are not two Marquee Entertainment Centers.

Edited by Jeebus
  • Like 1

Plastic can you download the google tool bar with the spell checker it is confusing reading your post sometimes.

He didn't do too badly with spelling this time around, but when he said, "I requested a can and the dispatcher asked me which one," I was at first perplexed, wondering whether he was talking about garbage or Campbell's Soup.

I think the answer to his question, rather than bad mouthing him grammatically, is the edwards cinema off weslayan (spelling) in greenway plaza. that would be the only other logical explanation for a second marquee.

Exactly. There are many posters on this board who misspell words and use gramatically challenged sentences, but rarely do we not understand the post. Good post sttombiz.

• Like 1

I think the answer to his question, rather than bad mouthing him grammatically, is the edwards cinema off weslayan (spelling) in greenway plaza. that would be the only other logical explanation for a second marquee.

You're probably right. But, when I read the post, I'd assumed the confusion came from there being a bar called Marquis II, which I bet also calls its fair share of cabs.

I'm assuming "Marq*E" is pronounced like Marquis - but, then again, maybe the "*E" is supposed to be an unpronouncable glyph. Which really would cause taxi problems.

• Like 1

You're probably right. But, when I read the post, I'd assumed the confusion came from there being a bar called Marquis II, which I bet also calls its fair share of cabs.

Unless you say: "I'm at the Marquee center on I-10 at Silber. Could you send cab to the west entrance by Jullians (or whatever is there now)?"

How hard is that? I'm sure that would have eliminated the "which marquee did you mean hon?"

Edited by Jeebus