Now That's What I'm Talking About!

mrfootball

These maps give you a rough idea of what's in this area:

hnns.gifhnnw.gif

By the time Bridgeland develops in 20-25 years they'll probably have a new name for it....heck it might just end up being called 'Bridgelands' area as much of the area around The Woodlands (ie Shenandoah, Oak Ridge, etc) have become The Woodlands Area.

For now, the BridgelandTexas.com website, describes the property as being in NW Houston.

I think the 'new' line of demarcation that separates NW from W is FM 529. That's how the Phone books do it, anyhow.

I've seen varying numbers as to the population of this area, it ranges from 450,000 to 600,000 or more. It has exploded in growth over the past 15 years.

As for how the populations compare, it's hard to say. How do you draw the line as what is West Houston? The Katy area has 140,000 residents. West Memorial from the Beltway out to Hwy 6...I'm not sure, but I'd wager to say more than 200,000 less than 300,000. So maybe 400-500,000 probably more...it's all subjective. I'm using the populations given by the telephone directories that serve these demographic areas.

• The title was changed to Now That's What I'm Talking About!

Archived