FLW in Houston

Jersey01

I have heard that there is a home in Houston designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. I am an avid fan, as predictable as it may sound. I've toured many of his buildings. Does anyone know the location of the house here in Houston? I'd love to drive by this place and see it for myself.

I can't remember the address. It is in a cul-de-sac in Memorial, Piney Point Village I think. It is hard to see from the street, I do remember that.

The Thaxton residence in Bunker Hill was a FLW design. I visited it many years ago and found a few signs of FLW but it was very bastardised.

I can't tell you the address but I'm sure you could do some research and find it out.

All I remember is after I saw it, I just turned my eyes away because it was just so deformed...very sad to my eyes.]

:(

12020 Tall Oaks Road, built in 1954. It's hard to see from the street and it's gated.

google map it for directions. It's a very nice drive to take, but you may get lost. It's on "Tour R" in the Stephen Fox book.

Jason

The Thaxton residence in Bunker Hill was a FLW design. I visited it many years ago and found a few signs of FLW but it was very bastardised.

I can't tell you the address but I'm sure you could do some research and find it out.

All I remember is after I saw it, I just turned my eyes away because it was just so deformed...very sad to my eyes.]

:(

Thank you very much. I will have to trek out in that direction and see the place. I did manage to find some photos from google searching now that I know the name of the residence. One page actually had an entry from one of the daughters who lived there as a child. She mentions the uncomfortable built in furniture, which I find funny.

Archived