Ronald McDonald House At 1907 Holcombe Blvd.

nmainguy

I was recently introduced to the Ronald McDonald House so I picked this forum to post this thread knowing the compassion of many of our memebers-even though it may be more appropriate in "off topic"-or perhaps elswhere on the internet.

Any of you guys who think you know as a "flame throwing, anti-corporate liberal" I sometimes come off looking like, I have to tell you, this is where liberals and conservatives fall off the map. I have recently had the honor to visit some of these kids and if anyone is more deserving in our community of our support, it's these little guys.

I would just urge you to look into what this place provides for these kids and their families and consider throwing a buck or two [or an hour or two] their way to make their lives a little easier for however long or short a time they may have left.

https://www.ronaldmcdonaldhousehouston.org/AboutTheHouse.htm

B)

• Like 1

• 11 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Here is the project webcam.  Which phase are they on?

https://rmhhouston.org/behindeverydoor/construction-progress/

Edit: I see a thread has already been created.

TliD65y.png

Phase I

Construction of a new two-story tower that will connect to existing Holcombe House through sky bridges

Addition of 20 new and larger bedrooms

Upgrades to all critical infrastructure including HVAC, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing to improve functionality, comfort and energy efficiency

46 bedrooms will remain operational for families seeking care

Phase II

Complete rebuild of the existing first floor of the Holcombe House

Substantial upgrades to high-use kitchen and common areas by incorporating durable high quality materials and equipment

Additional area will be added for meal volunteers

Reconfiguration of the intake and resident services area to provide a more private and functional space for residents

Phase III

Renovation of all 50 existing bedrooms and bathrooms to meet current ADA requirements

Maximize bedroom storage space and improve ease of mobility throughout room

Edited by ekdrm2d1
  • Like 2

• The title was changed to Ronald McDonald House At 1907 Holcombe Blvd.
  • 1 year later...

CEO of newly formed Ronald McDonald House Charities Greater Houston eyes suburban expansion
March 1, 2024
https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2024/03/01/ceo-ronald-mcdonald-house-houston-expansion.html

The newly formed Ronald McDonald House Charities Greater Houston — or RMHC Greater Houston — is ready to help the Houston region beyond the Texas Medical Center.

The organization — which brought Ronald McDonald House Houston and Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Houston/Galveston together under one entity — looks to increase its capacity and streamline its efficiency. The organization, which provides lodging and other services to families of children undergoing medical treatment, said it will continue to offer its programs for free without interruption.

Prior to the merger, the two entities had worked separately from one another in the region. Ronald McDonald Houses and Ronald McDonald House Charities originally launched as two separate entities in 1974 and 1984, respectively, according to a fact sheet. The first local Ronald McDonald House opened in 1981 but expanded to Holcombe House in 1997. Meanwhile, Houston’s Ronald McDonald House Charities chapter was established in 1988.

Vetrano said another strategic planning retreat is planned for May 18. During this time, the full 44-member board — which consists of both boards from the once separate entities — will come together to talk about expansion efforts to other local hospitals in areas such as The Woodlands, Katy and Sugar Land, among other locations.