On 5/20/2018 at 6:03 PM, hindesky said:

Didn't realize till today that the bean had a concave side to it. They had the Grand Opening today.

V6660h4.jpg

It took me a while to realize, but its actually completely hollow. I thought it was a shallow concave on the north side, but its totally open to the inside of cloud column.

• Like 3

...or the decapitated white-washed horse carcus, which has been suspended from the ceiling.  This place looks a little Saks-Fancy for the Museum.  Definitely going for the "Ladies-who-Lunch" look.  But...maybe that's just the crowd that mfaH is reaching out to. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Naviguessor said:

...or the decapitated white-washed horse carcus, which has been suspended from the ceiling.  This place looks a little Saks-Fancy for the Museum.  Definitely going for the "Ladies-who-Lunch" look.  But...maybe that's just the crowd that mfaH is reaching out to. 

Yeah agreed, 99% of the artists whose work the museum shows would not have gone near this place. Conservative estimate.

• Thanks 1

The room has to be gorgeous.  But, it also has to be welcoming to people who will be attending the mhaH campus, IMO.  Even if it's an expensive place, you would want to feel welcome if you'd just spent 30 minutes hiking up and down the Glassell Schools Roof (all sweaty) and not just when your dressed in something flirty or in business casual, as a starting point.  Oh, and I think, just maybe, the room could focus on great art (certainly there is plenty of inspiration) and not on trendy brass accents.  Doesn't seem as though there would be room for art at all in this concept...unless that is what the horse chandelier, of course.  All just IMO. 

3 hours ago, Naviguessor said:

It’s certainly an upgrade from the current IKEA cafeteria.

• 2 weeks later...

A little hard to see in this photo, but they've gone above ground now with the rebar.  Also, in the background it seem they are assembling another crane, behind the church.  Is this related or another project?

https://i.imgur.com/PAotpAn.jpg

Sorry, you will have to click the link to see the photo.  HAIF no longer seems to allow embedding images for me, and I've tried multiple browsers and multiple computers so it seems something is broken on their site.

1 hour ago, rechlin said:

A little hard to see in this photo, but they've gone above ground now with the rebar.  Also, in the background it seem they are assembling another crane, behind the church.  Is this related or another project?

https://i.imgur.com/PAotpAn.jpg

Sorry, you will have to click the link to see the photo.  HAIF no longer seems to allow embedding images for me, and I've tried multiple browsers and multiple computers so it seems something is broken on their site.

I think the other crane might be for the project in this thread...

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/38814-first-presbyterian-church-early-childhood-school

Edited by ChannelTwoNews

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...