Cy-Fair Berry Stadium

mrfootball

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cy-Fair's new $75 Million Stadium, the Berry Center & Stadium Complex is currently under construction in Northwest Harris County.

This could be the nicest High School football/basketball facility in the country.

ESC%20with%20stadium.jpg

ESC6.jpg

esc1.jpg

ESC5.jpg

esc3.jpg

Most COLLEGES don't have facilities like that!

Here's an article on it...

http://texas.construction.com/features/arc...01_feature4.asp

Yo, can anybody find any renderings to what the inside of the new CY-Fair football stadium will look like?

dude. i wish we had that place when i was in high school.

they're going to use that arena for graduation ceremonies. They will no longer have to go to Coleman Coliseum or Reliant arena to do that.

That football stadium looks fugginsgght sweet. I drove past it on Tuesday. I think the Cy-Fair website said it was going to be a double decker like Pridgeon Stadium.

Is that what they're going to call it? Berry Stadium?

I know they're calling in the Richard Berry Instructional Support Center.

I think they're also having a TV studio in there for their Time Warner Channel 16 station.

Looks great! I was wondering. Is there a High School that has an indoor football stadium? I mean they have High School indoor basketball. Just a thought.

Well, basketball is usually played indoors.

• 1 month later...

Too much money being spent on athletics in this state, if you ask me. In my opinion, school districts in a state like Texas, which is near/at the bottom of just about every educational categoryin the country, should divert much of that money to students learning something other than how to run, jump, catch, shoot, and throw.

Too much money being spent on athletics in this state, if you ask me. In my opinion, school districts in a state like Texas, which is near/at the bottom of just about every educational categoryin the country, should divert much of that money to students learning something other than how to run, jump, catch, shoot, and throw.

Agreed. It's not like Cy-Fair had decrepit old facilities in the first place. Anyone who has seen their "old" football stadium can vouch for that.

Meanwhile, the Legislature just began a Special Session today to try to finance our schools. Imagine that?

after coming home for easter...i flew over the stadium on the way home and way out...the thing is massive...its very impressive from the air

Agreed...even more impressive from the ground. It's hard to get an idea of the sheer scale of this complex until you see it in person. For example. In the picture below...to get a sense of the scale, find the doors to the building at the top of the stairs:

esc2.jpg

I think the school funding issue goes much deeper than an argument about this facility. You must keep in mind that there are some 10 High Schools that will share 2 stadiums. This facility was built to encompass all of the District's (The 3rd largest School District in the state with over 85,000 students...and the ONLY 'RECOGNIZED' district of this size) special events, football, basketball, concerts, conventions, conferences, etc.

Additionally, Cy-Fair is a Recognized district because it doesn't cut corners and spends money for quality teachers, facilities, etc. It's a big district, second only in size to HISD and DISD...yet it's run a hell of a lot more efficiently.

I believe its extremely important to foster school spirit, parental involvement, community involvement, and broad-based extra-curricular activities. It promotes a healthier environment for the kids and the community.

Agreed...even more impressive from the ground. It's hard to get an idea of the sheer scale of this complex until you see it in person. For example. In the picture below...to get a sense of the scale, find the doors to the building at the top of the stairs:

esc2.jpg

It promotes a healthier environment for the kids and the community.

Yes, instilling the belief in teenagers that the price of the stadium you play in is more important than the effort given on the field promotes a healthy environment. And, $1,000 per student (including pre-K) plus interest, sounds like a prudent amount of money to spend on an extracurricular activity.

I can't wait to see HISD's new $225 million dollar stadium complex.

Yes, instilling the belief in teenagers that the price of the stadium you play in is more important than the effort given on the field promotes a healthy environment. And, $1,000 per student (including pre-K) plus interest, sounds like a prudent amount of money to spend on an extracurricular activity.

Is it just a financial decision for all the schools around to here to share sports complexes? What ever happened to home field advantage? Why can't each school build their own modest gym and modest football field? I just don't get it.

ok, then just have them go play in filth. throw in some broken glass and hypo-needles and tell them the sport is more important, and the field they play on is not important. do your best.........

ok, then just have them go play in filth. throw in some broken glass and hypo-needles and tell them the sport is more important, and the field they play on is not important. do your best.........

Nice hyperbole, 1stWord. That's EXACTLY what I was suggesting...that there are only two choices, a $75 million monument to school board excess or a glass strewn field.

BTW, which one do you think this guy played on in high school?

butkus.jpg

Nice hyperbole, 1stWord. That's EXACTLY what I was suggesting...that there are only two choices, a $75 million monument to school board excess or a glass strewn field.

butkus.jpg

That school board excess as you call it will go a long way to attracting more affluent tax payers to that area. When people that have families or that are planning on having families, shop for homes, they look at schools and what scholls have to offer. School amenities and facilities are included in the package. Ask around and see if this nice new clean stadium and nice new clean schools play a major role in attracting people that dont mind paying extra for it................Welcome to Texas...the land of new and ever changing..............

Agreed...in the Suburbs...the School District is EVERYTHING.

One only need look at the demise of Spring ISD from an Exemplary school district to what it is now, because of the lack of forsight, idiotic annexing, and slow expansion. In 15 years they went from being one of the best in the state, and are now scratching their heads wondering where it all went.

Agreed...in the Suburbs...the School District is EVERYTHING.

One only need look at the demise of Spring ISD from an Exemplary school district to what it is now, because of the lack of forsight, idiotic annexing, and slow expansion. In 15 years they went from being one of the best in the state, and are now scratching their heads wondering where it all went.

What?

Are you saying that because they still play football in that crappy stadium on I-45, Spring ISD has now gone to hell in a handbasket?

Could you explain how Spring's lack of forsight (sic) contributed to their demise?

What annexing was idiotic?

What were they slow at expanding?

I realize that since I moved away from Klein several years ago, I do not understand how these things work, but please humor me, because your explanation went over my head.

Read back through the thread, Red.

Notice where it took a turn and we began discussing school boards, amenities, planning...and their effect on the drawing power of a particular area.

School boards with good foresight protect their property owners and enhance value.

Spring ISD is a prime example of what happens when they don't.

Spring ISD, got greedy and annexed a chunk of Aldine ISD in the early 1990's that included a large swath of land that had commercial property along with even more low-income housing, which then mushroomed and forever changed the demographics of that district.

Whereas they should've built a new HS to take in much of this wild new growth, they instead opted to turn Westfield into an overcrowded Super 5A school. The school became much rougher with gangs and the like, the test scores fell, affluent white families stopped moving in to the school zone, others scrambled to sell...stagnating property values.

They have a really good football and basketball team, though.

Spring ISD is finally opening up a new HS (with another to follow in several years)...about 10 years too late for the residents of Olde Oaks, Northgate, Ponderosa and Westador.

I think you need to read up on your school district history. Spring ISD has had the same boundaries for decades. It's southern border has always been Rankin Road east of I-45, and Greens Road west of I-45, until it butts up against Klein ISD.

During the 70s and part of the 80s, the southern portion was largely empty. As it filled with apartments, the oil crash hit in the mid 80s. Rents on these apartments plummeted, and they became low income, as did many subdivisions inside FM 1960. Westfield HS' makeup became poorer as the southern part of the district became poorer.

There was never an annexation. That would require the Legilature to do so...as well as Aldine's permission.

esc1.jpg

Well, it looks to me like they thought about the Band Nerds and the Drama Geeks also when they built this facility. :P:D BTW, I have to say it is very very ominous. I was very impressed with the look of it all when I drove by it the other day, friggin Mt. Olympus ! :wacko:

esc2.jpg

• 3 months later...

Here are some updated construction pics of CFISD's mammoth new stadium complex, The Berry Center. It contains a new football stadium, arena, theatre, conference center and other amenities:

The Berry Center is very pretty I been there because my daughter perform at the Berry Center gym :D

I think that is untrue I mean you have to sacrifice for the students. I mean the Berry Center in Cy-Fair was built because the Pridgeon Staduim is 40 years old. Plus the staduim is far and old. There is a purpose why people build not just spending I will think they have enough commonsense. RedScare :angry2:

Agreed. It's not like Cy-Fair had decrepit old facilities in the first place. Anyone who has seen their "old" football stadium can vouch for that.

Meanwhile, the Legislature just began a Special Session today to try to finance our schools. Imagine that?

I think your wrong I mean you really didn't research this topic. I mean look The Pridgeon staduim is 40 years old. Cy- Fair have common sense if it wasn't for Cy- Fair then my child would have to deal with overcrowded schools. Look I'm not trying to offend you but check this out, children have dreams and if they want to do sports than they should. My child has 8 high school credit and she is only in middle school. So sports is what she wants to do and she can do i it's okay. The staduim is not only for sports if you research and stop getting on people's case then you would have found out that it's for high school graduations. Mainly because percentage of high school dropouts are low!!!! And of course they are going to have Special Session for financing . Almost every School District do that. Why haven't you complain about Houston do that. my daughter research all this. So why can't you :angry2:

esc2.jpg

I think the school funding issue goes much deeper than an argument about this facility. You must keep in mind that there are some 10 High Schools that will share 2 stadiums. This facility was built to encompass all of the District's (The 3rd largest School District in the state with over 85,000 students...and the ONLY 'RECOGNIZED' district of this size) special events, football, basketball, concerts, conventions, conferences, etc.

Additionally, Cy-Fair is a Recognized district because it doesn't cut corners and spends money for quality teachers, facilities, etc. It's a big district, second only in size to HISD and DISD...yet it's run a hell of a lot more efficiently.

I believe its extremely important to foster school spirit, parental involvement, community involvement, and broad-based extra-curricular activities. It promotes a healthier environment for the kids and the community.

I agree with you Mr. Football 100% people complain but I remember there was 69 schools with only 1 staduim. Now there is 75 schools and it was time for a new staduim >:)

butkus.jpg

RedScare whatever your name is get your facts before tell me or anybody that Berry Center kind of filthy because it's not you don't think about the children all this staduim doing is helping the students be better I guess you don't care because in this complex not only has a staduim it has conference rooms and all. I ask daughter like the Berry Center she said yes she can't wait to graduate at the Berry Center. So facts straight because apparently really don't think about the children. :angry:

Archived