Houston Police Department Central Station - 1103 Goliad St.

hindesky

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Houston Police Central Station
  • 11 months later...

Based on the TDLR filing, I imagine this has to do with the i45 rebuild. I hope this means that those huge parking lots around the area get consolidated into this one parking structure and the rest of that prime, downtown-adjacent land gets turned into something good (ideally parks or high density mixed-use)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bookey23 said:

Based on the TDLR filing, I imagine this has to do with the i45 rebuild. I hope this means that those huge parking lots around the area get consolidated into this one parking structure and the rest of that prime, downtown-adjacent land gets turned into something good (ideally parks or high density mixed-use)

On 5/25/2023 at 7:05 PM, hindesky said:

This has little to do with i45 rebuild and much more to do with their current facilities are completely dated, prone to flooding, and sitting on valuable land earmarked for mix-use facilities. They own the warehouses off washington ave and it makes total sense for them to renovate them. Lets count all that is happened on this 17 acre site once discussed as a potential Justice-Complex:

1. City prison moved to city/county facility off San Jacinto in 2018 (not 100% sure of that date)

2. Large police parking garage demolished in 2022

3. Central Dispatch to be moved to Morin Pl renovated facility- ETA 2025

4. Municipal Courts moved to TBA location. (either on a sliver of the land they own off Washington Ave - near where the garage once sat - or downtown Houston)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The city of Houston planning commission keeps mentioning a massive redo in this area when the I-45 project starts:

image.png

Also, do we honestly consider this the Heights? Open to moving this elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Triton said:

The city of Houston planning commission keeps mentioning a massive redo in this area when the I-45 project starts:

image.png

Also, do we honestly consider this the Heights? Open to moving this elsewhere.

Where and when is this picture from? This is amazing and says A LOT about plans!!

21 hours ago, Avossos said:

Where and when is this picture from? This is amazing and says A LOT about plans!!

It's just from last year. I actually came across it in the same document that the planning group is proposing changes along with the I-45 redo. 

Go to the I-45 thread and click on the latest PDF I posted to see more details about the area. (on a trip so I can't post it here or I would). 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2023 at 3:53 PM, Triton said:

The city of Houston planning commission keeps mentioning a massive redo in this area ... do we honestly consider this the Heights? Open to moving this elsewhere.

The railroad crossing on Houston Avenue west of the Amtrak stop is a good landmark, it turned out.  North and east of that is First Ward, south of that is Sixth Ward.  Morin Place is in Sixth but the Amtrak stop is in First.

https://tile.loc.gov/image-services/iiif/service:gmd:gmd403:g4034:g4034h:ct002034/full/pct:12.5/0/default.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Houston Police Department Central Station - 1103 Goliad St.

PROJECT DESCRIPTION:  This project will include the total renovation of the existing three-story facility on Morin Place that was previously used as HPD’s Property Room. The renovation will include approximately 57,000 square feet of space to accommodate the Central Division, Vehicular Crimes Division, and Special Operations Division.  The renovated space will accommodate up to 300 personnel. The scope of work will include selective demolition at the existing facility, site work, new Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP), Low Voltage systems, new building envelope components as well as new interior buildout, and furniture.  There will also be an addition of a parking deck to accommodate parking needs for up to 300 vehicles for HPD and 300 vehicles for HPW code enforcement.

https://houston.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/Mobile/ItemView.aspx?agendaitemid=22883&meetingid=487

• 1 month later...