Attempted Destruction

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

While this site is about any structures going up there's news that a building was going to be torn down.

Terrorist masterminds were planning to destro LAs tallest building by flying a plane into it. This is from the sam e terrorist group that destroyed The World Trade Center. I don't know what were' gonna do but just hope the don't remember Houston.

Dude, that was 4 years ago. It has been talked about before, but is strangely void of details. Frankly, I think it is another stunt to scare people. Think "Jose Padilla". Remember him? So little valid evidence that the Justice Dept. dropped charges. So, go ahead and take down the plastic and duct tape. It is just election season again.

From what I heard, the plot was going to use Malaysian Muslim men with the "infamous" shoe bombs, and breaking into the cockpit, but the mastermind was caught, and the idea all fell to hell. Not trying to be funny, that is what I heard on the news.

Old news-it's all beside the point anymore. It doesn't matter as long as it scares the hell out of lazy brained people.

What pisses me off is that I fell for another of Plastic's adventures in trolling. I thought maybe it was refering to another historic structure here in Houston being knocked down in the middle of the night. :blink:

{nmainguy smacks nmainguy upside the head for once again being so gullible.}

B)

"Beware of the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry, [who] infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How will I know? For this I have done. And I am Julius Caesar."

If they were anything like Richard Reid, then it should've been no problem. :P I'm no scientician, but I thought the C4 equired an electric current to detonate. What he tried to do was light it with a match. I'm pretty sure that won't work.

"Beware of the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry, [who] infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How will I know? For this I have done. And I am Julius Caesar."

Commie.

While this site is about any structures going up there's news that a building was going to be torn down.

Terrorist masterminds were planning to destro LAs tallest building by flying a plane into it. This is from the sam e terrorist group that destroyed The World Trade Center. I don't know what were' gonna do but just hope the don't remember Houston.

As much sense as it'd make to hit the oil/gas infrastructure, Houston will probably never be a target. As far as terrorists are concerned, the largest and wealthiest population centers should be targeted. Firstly, because you disrupt more peoples' lives in a more direct way. Secondly, because the terrorists seem to strike at symbols of national power, and we lack those symbols in almost every way. A lot of Americans can identify Library Tower or other high-profile buildings along the coasts or in Chicago. How many can identify any of the buildings along Smith, Louisiana, or Travis streets?

Guest Plastic
As much sense as it'd make to hit the oil/gas infrastructure, Houston will probably never be a target. As far as terrorists are concerned, the largest and wealthiest population centers should be targeted. Firstly, because you disrupt more peoples' lives in a more direct way. Secondly, because the terrorists seem to strike at symbols of national power, and we lack those symbols in almost every way. A lot of Americans can identify Library Tower or other high-profile buildings along the coasts or in Chicago. How many can identify any of the buildings along Smith, Louisiana, or Travis streets?

True but attacking housotn could have bad and good consequences. FLying int a build,blowing up a refinery or nuking Houston would seriously disable the nation and world's oil supply it would heard The Arab World's profit. WHile we depend on them they depend on us. Without oil comsumption the world's oild and gas industry would go slump. If that goes slump so does most of it's source......The Middle East.

Not a target huh, is that why Pasadena, Texas is number 5 on the best places to do most damage list.

A lot of Americans can identify Library Tower...

Except perhaps, the President himself...and, Oh, the supposed terrorists. They never named it. US authorities assumed that was what they were talking about.

Y'all can crawl out from under your desks now. This was 4 years ago.

Well, not to flatter ourselves... The area known as the ship channel is probibly the most money generating industrial area in the nation.

Infact, I rember like 20 articles about hitting the ship channel... all in vivid details. -_-

But the said its the "economic heart of the nation" and "A blow to the houston ship channel would put the country at a stop."

Yet another piece of fiction that people circulate because, "if it's on the intarweb, it must be true!"

Guest Plastic

While I don't live in Pasedena I do live be refineries. However it wouldn't matter if they hit us witha 20 meg nuke that would destroy everything within HWY6 and 1960. BTW that wouldn't matter cause gonna move to Southern California anyway.

While I don't live in Pasedena I do live be refineries. However it wouldn't matter if they hit us witha 20 meg nuke that would destroy everything within HWY6 and 1960. BTW that wouldn't matter cause gonna move to Southern California anyway.

Whew! I was worried for you there, Plastic. But since you're moving to Ca., I think you'll be OK.

BTW, will this be before or after your mission to the Sun?

California Hmmmmmmmm ? Land of fruits and nuts, hmmmmmmmmm ? Well, at least you'll be a little closer to Mars ! Good luck over there, at least you can still get on here so we can harass you. :D

Archived