1315 St Emanuel St

In recent years, the warehouse on the lot of 1315 St Emanuel St was home to King's Auto Body and Certified Auto Service.

It doesn't appear there is a business operating here now. The warehouse looks abandon from a Google Maps image in the post above. Also, some of the windows are boarded up.

Google Maps, June 2019
k6oGShh.jpg

An old lease listing for 1315 St Emanuel St. This is from 2017.

https://www.remax.com/tx/houston/home-details/1315-st-emanuel-st-houston-tx-77003/11338912301562025997

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

I noticed an entity filing from Ancorian a while back for 1315 St Emanuel LLC. The entity was filed in December.

However, Mint Properties LLC owns the property according to county records.

XZVsSNL.jpg

The same person/group/company also owns the rest of the land on the block bordering St Emanuel St, Clay St, Hutchins St, and Polk St. County records list Malloy Interests, LTD as owner:

• 2111 Clay St
  • 1312 Hutchins St
  • 2120 Polk St
  • 1309 St Emanuel
  • Lots on the corner of St Emanuel and Polk St
  • Lots on the corner of Hutchins and Polk St

I wonder if Ancorian plans to acquire the 1315 St Emanuel St property? With the East Village mixed-use development the next block over, I also wonder if along with 1315 St Emanuel, Ancorian has its eye on the other lots on the block?

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to Rigby's Fabric Mart - 2120 Polk St.
On 3/21/2023 at 1:02 PM, Sanjorade said:

I’ve seen people going inside the old mechanic shop. Guessing this becomes a beer garden. 

2 hours ago, hindesky said:

Malloy Interest Ltd owns everything on the block except the body shop.

VZ6gczY.png

W8GHI2e.png

@hindesky well, Malloy Interests did own 1315 St Emanuel St until very recently.  As noted in the 1315 St Emanuel St thread, Malloy owned the entire block that also includes the former auto shop property at 1315 St Emanuel St. However, Malloy Interests recently sold that property and the entire block to Ancorian.

👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿👇🏿

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/48454-1315-st-emanuel-st/?do=findComment&comment=661485

On 8/19/2022 at 1:41 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I noticed an entity filing from Ancorian a while back for 1315 St Emanuel LLC. The entity was filed in December.

XZVsSNL.jpg

The same person/group/company also owns the rest of the land on the block bordering St Emanuel St, Clay St, Hutchins St, and Polk St. County records list Malloy Interests, LTD as owner:

• 2111 Clay St
  • 1312 Hutchins St
  • 2120 Polk St
  • 1309 St Emanuel

I wonder if Ancorian plans to acquire the 1315 St Emanuel St property? With the East Village mixed-use development the next block over, I also wonder if along with 1315 St Emanuel, Ancorian has its eye on the other lots on the block?

XZVsSNL.jpg

• 2111 Clay St
  • 1312 Hutchins St
  • 2120 Polk St
  • 1309 St Emanuel

Well I don't have to wonder any longer if Ancorian will acquire 1315 St Emanuel St. According to county records, Ancorian purchased the 1315 St Emanuel St lot.

I don't think the other lots on the block were sold, but I could be wrong. The other parcels on the block are owned by Malloy Interests:

• 2111 Clay St
  • 1312 Hutchins St
  • 2120 Polk St
  • 1309 St Emanuel

37 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

However, Malloy Interests recently sold that property and the entire block to Ancorian.

I think I am mistaken about Ancorian acquiring the entire block. While local developers Ancorian did purchase 1315 St Emanuel in recent weeks, I don't think the other parcels on the block were acquired.

1 hour ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

@hindesky well, Malloy Interests did own 1315 St Emanuel St until very recently.  As noted in the 1315 St Emanuel St thread, Malloy owned the entire block that also includes the former auto shop property at 1315 St Emanuel St. However, Malloy Interests recently sold that property and the entire block to Ancorian.

42 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

I think I am mistaken about Ancorian acquiring the entire block. While local developers Ancorian did purchase 1315 St Emanuel in recent weeks, I don't think the other parcels on the block were acquired.

A correction on my part: My initial post is correct. Ancorian did purchase the entire lot, including 1315 St Emanuel.

The entire block was previously owned by Malloy Interests.

• 2111 Clay St
  • 1312 Hutchins St
  • 2120 Polk St
  • 1309 St Emanuel

County records lists those parcels as lots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12.

ZvJDR3B.png

lXvzwA9.jpg

@Urbannizer @Triton @Highrise Tower please consider merging this topic with the 1315 St Emanuel topic below. Ancorian is planning something for block 284.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/48454-1315-st-emanuel-st

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Well I don't have to wonder any longer if Ancorian will acquire 1315 St Emanuel St. According to county records, Ancorian purchased the 1315 St Emanuel St lot.

I don't think the other lots on the block were sold, but I could be wrong. The other parcels on the block are owned by Malloy Interests:

A correction on my part: In addition to 1315 St Emanuel St,  Ancorian also acquired the entire lot in recent weeks.

The entire block was previously owned by Malloy Interests and includes:

• 2111 Clay St
  • 1312 Hutchins St
  • 2120 Polk St
  • 1309 St Emanuel

County records lists those parcels as lots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12.

lXvzwA9.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Odd that someone would want to buy and plan to redevelop a whole block there.  

I know the comment was meant as a joke. Still, as speculated in the topic for 1315 St Emanuel (which is will likely be the address for whatever is planned here and why this topic should be merged -  the address for every Ancorian project is usually the same as the entity used when purchasing properties), this could be used to expand East Village.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/48454-1315-st-emanuel-st

• 2111 Clay St
  • 1312 Hutchins St
  • 2120 Polk St
  • 1309 St Emanuel

8 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Odd that someone would want to buy and plan to redevelop a whole block there.  Haven't they heard EADO will be destroyed by NHHIP and forever cut off from the outside world?  😉

The east end beyond EaDo will have a single connection after the 18-point turn you stated is easy and everyone, even first-timers, will follow with no issue. 🤣

Edited by JClark54
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, JClark54 said:

The east end beyond EaDo will have a single connection after the 18-point turn you stated is easy and everyone, even first-timers, will follow with no issue. 🤣

Where did I say an 18-point turn into the east end beyond EADO was going to be easy (and where is this supposed 18-point turn and single access point)?  Other than to inquire about the EADO-East End connections, I don't think I've even participated in discussions about that. My focus has always been on the connections between EADO and downtown that are affected by the NHHIP.

In any event, if the future of EADO was even half as dire as you and Samagon portray, developers would not be investing money and planning developments, especially now that the NHHIP is virtually certain.

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

In any event, if the future of EADO was even half as dire as you and Samagon portray, developers would not be investi money and planning developments, especially now that the NHHIP is virtually certain.

When did I say EaDo's situation was dire in the other thread? EaDo is getting many crossings and a cap for a linear park, so if anything it is bound to prosper as you wrote. I never disagreed, so you're moving the goalposts as you like to write. 

In the other thread where you were an active participant, we were always discussing the areas beyond EaDo, Eastwood and Lawndale/Wayside. Primary NHHIP access will be streets without a separated rail crossing. There's more to the east end than EaDo. 

In any event, I don't care to derail this thread. I felt obliged to respond to the hyperbole you interjected here for no clear reason other than to elicit commentary as it doesn't pertain to this lot. If you want to continue in the appropriate area, I am happy to so this thread stays on topic. 

Edited by JClark54