Houston Community College At 1265 Pinemont Dr.

goofy

The former HCC Pinemont campus has been surrounded by fencing and neighbors say the retail center is being demolished.

Previously, we learned that it was owned by the Smart Living apartment complex folks. However, the parcel had been tied up in litigation. 

I've been unable to find new info on HCAD or plottracker. 

I'll try to get photos soon. 

The address may be 1205-1265 Pinemont 

https://popms.houstontx.gov/OnlineJRC/Review/Review/1460

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_tx/0803382488

• Like 3

• The title was changed to 1265 Pinemont Dr.
34 minutes ago, goofy said:

The address may be 1205-1265 Pinemont 

I was going to post this too! Thanks for starting the thread.

The address for the parcel is 1285 Pinemont Dr. Ella Blvd and Golf Dr border the property.

On the property is Pinemont Shopping Center. The address for that is 1205-1265 Pinemont Dr.

Handi Stop ( 1295 Pinemont Dr ), Hartz Chicken Buffet ( 1215 Pinemont Dr ), and The Children's Academy of Higher Learning ( 5115 Golf Dr ) are not part of the parcel. Each are owned by other parties.

1285 Pinemont Dr was on the market until 2021, I think. According to county records, the property hasn't changed hands. And if it has, it hasn't been recorded yet. However, Urban Meridian Group has signs on the property to call for more information.

0SZXZWS.jpg

Parcel map

IyEafbl.jpg

January 2022 Google Earth image of 1285 Pinemont Dr

bCBk05C.jpg

BaOGWD0.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1285 Pinemont Dr was on the market in late 2021. The property was marketed by JLL Property.

1285 Pinemont Dr was unlisted in 2022. I don't think the land was sold. County records seem to indicate it didn't change hands last year.

Located on the 1285 Pinemont Dr parcel is the Pinemont Shopping Center, which includes units at 1205-1265 Pinemont Dr and 5104-5128 Ella Blvd. Notable tenants at Pinemont Shopping Center include/included:

• Family Dollar: 5104 Ella Blvd

• Oak Forest Cleaners: 5112 Ella Blvd

• Houston Community College Pinemont Center / HCC Pinemont Center: 1265 Pinemont Dr

As previously noted, Handi Stop ( 1295 Pinemont Dr ), Hartz Chicken Buffet ( 1215 Pinemont Dr ), and The Children's Academy of Higher Learning ( 5115 Golf Dr ) are not part of the 1285 Pinemont Dr parcel. Each are owned by other parties.

Details pertaining to 1285 Pinemont Dr from a previous Loopnet listing and sales materias:

• Address: 1285 Pinemont Dr, Houston, TX 77019

• Total Lot Size: ±10.47 acres

• Property Subtype: Commercial

• Proposed Use: Multifamily; Self-storage, Retail, Re-development, Townhomes

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1285-Pinemont-Dr-Houston-TX/22033177/

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/zACFr9EeHIns_Q0FQ4h5u4gbkjGaGB5VPV9O_D32no8/document.pdf

• Like 1

Below are aerial photos of 1285 Pinemont Dr. The property is the site of the Pinemont Shopping Center, which includes units at 1205 - 1265 Pinemont Dr and 5104 - 5128 Ella Blvd.

Also shown is a more accurate outline of the property. The outlines I posted a few days ago are incorrect. I overlooked a portion that's part of the property. My apologies.

All of the visuals were included in sales materials linked in the above post.

iNEe6tN.jpg

MiEtgpB.jpg

VionnQP.jpg

• Like 6

Thank you for sharing a deserted retail strip is very unattractive. But I have lived in this community for over 50 years. This location has always been a retail location and should remain that way. We have enough homes, apartment homes and storage units to go around. We need more food resources. Krogers is always full and out of stock, HEB is not close, Aldi is too small and Whole Foods is not close and very small. Our community deserves a grocery store (MiniMax was the original grocery store at this location many moons ago) that we all could use and employee our kids and retired senior communities.  More people in this community does not help us, but will only limit our food supplies. Just my thought.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 12:21 PM, goofy said:

The former HCC Pinemont campus has been surrounded by fencing and neighbors say the retail center is being demolished.

Previously, we learned that it was owned by the Smart Living apartment complex folks. However, the parcel had been tied up in litigation. 

I've been unable to find new info on HCAD or plottracker. 

No updated information pertaining to 1285 Pinemont Dr in regards to a change in ownership. 

Quasar Ella/Pinemont, Ltd is still listed as owner of the property. The entity connects to RAH GP, Inc. Ronny Hecht is listed as the manager.

Hecht is a local real estate developer and owns RAH Contractors. According to RAH Contractors' website, it's "a general contracting business specializing in the construction of multifamily apartment homes."

There is also this detail included on RAH Contractors' about page:

"In 2014 RAH Contractors began developing its first multi-family construction project from ground up.  Smart Living is the brand name for the developers’ product line geared towards the working community.  “B product for a B neighborhood”, which provides new market rate apartments in areas that have been underserved and underutilized."

https://rahcontractors.com

6 hours ago, RayG08 said:

Just a picture of the site. Hopefully we'll know something soon.

PXL_20230316_152515688.MP.jpg

A demolition permit was issued / pulled March 16, 2023 for 1265 Pinemont Dr.  The permit lists building demolition and sewer disconnect.

1265 Pinemont Dr is the site of the former Houston Community College Pinemont Center / HCC Pinemont Center. HCC Pinemont Center was part of the Pinemont Shopping Center. The retail center includes units at 1205-1265 Pinemont Dr and 5104-5128 Ella Blvd.

Pinemont Shopping Center is located on the 1285 Pinemont Dr parcel.

0uPSc3I.png

On 3/16/2023 at 10:05 PM, RayG08 said:

Just a picture of the site. Hopefully we'll know something soon.

PXL_20230316_152515688.MP.jpg

A video of the demolition so far at 1265 Pinemont Dr was shared on Nextdoor a few days ago.

https://nextdoor.com/p/7Tcs2TcBp2ZH?view=detail

There's no way to post a direct link of the video. However, screenshots are posted below. The video quality wasn't the best, so , the screenshots aren't good either.

SNtxqWk.jpg

5E6pWDo.jpg

lf04Wb8.jpg

3rAF8lV.jpg

JA3ElGD.jpg

VN3Ljqh.jpg

aHcO1zs.jpg

yGKFliO.jpg

QrW7ReY.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
16 hours ago, RayG08 said:

This has been happening over the last few days. 

PXL_20230509_215626384.jpg

PXL_20230509_131426642.jpg

The former Handi Stop at 1295 Pinemont Dr is not related to Pinemont Shopping Center.

As noted some posts above, Handi Stop ( 1295 Pinemont Dr ), Hartz Chicken Buffet ( 1215 Pinemont Dr ), and The Children's Academy of Higher Learning ( 5115 Golf Dr ) are not part of the parcel. Each are owned by other parties.

I created a topic today to post photos and other updates pertaining to 1295 Pinemont Dr:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/50942-1295-pinemont-dr/

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Houston Community College At 1265 Pinemont Dr.