30k Millionaires

Dallasite

You know alot of people might look at this as being bad for Dallas, But I actually think this is a good Idea.It will brin attention to the realness of the situation.And while alot of people will believe that this is only limited to Dallas,I feel that once the movie is released people will stat to notice people like that in their own hometown that fit those exact descriptions. And I think you will also start seeing alot of young people trying to adopt this theory for themselves weather you believe it or not. :lol:

Great idea for a flick. And you are right. While it may be set in Dallas (I think the term was invented there), it is every medium to large city in the country. Interesting that the movie is set in West Village in Dallas. I immediately thought of Rice Village in Houston. It also could be set in Midtown or the Galleria.

This movie, if it makes it to the screen, will not be a movie about Dallas. It will be a movie about America, with the Dallas skyline as a backdrop.

Very interesting! I noticed that several clips from the promo were directly from the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau video - "My Dallas".

I agree that this is a situation that is occurring all over the country, but remember that this is a movie - it needs drama for drama's sake. By placing the story of superficial spending and appearances on the backdrop of Dallas, it gets more immediate explanation.

This story could have also easily been set in other locales: LA (too easy - America's superficial capital), Miami (getting a lot of recognition already; e.g. Nip/Tuck), even Houston (more friendly, but similar to Dallas in most respects).

I don't know the history of this film, but could it be related to this website? http://www.30kdm.com/

Check out the clothing - I especially liked the response to "Keep Austin Weird"!

Archived