Developments At Southwest Freeway And FM 762?

Pleak

Both sides of I-69 on the north-east side of FM 762 have had a lot of utility and dirt work.  Both of them are very large tracts.

On the outbound side, it's the field bounded by Rabb's Bayou and the back side of the Del Webb community.     A large berm has been constructed along the feeder road.  Assuming some sort of flood control. 

On the inbound side,  a lot of of drainage was put in and it looks like Cemetery Road might be being repaved/connected to the feeder road.   And the dirt work wraps around Jones Cemetery and all the way back to FM 762  and up to Rabbs Bayou on the north side.    

Does anybody have any idea what is being developed?  Is the HEB center expanding?     The amount of dirt being moved is almost as big as the Brazos Town Center footprints.    

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pleak said:

Both sides of I-69 on the north-east side of FM 762 have had a lot of utility and dirt work.  Both of them are very large tracts.

On the outbound side, it's the field bounded by Rabb's Bayou and the back side of the Del Webb community.     A large berm has been constructed along the feeder road.  Assuming some sort of flood control. 

On the inbound side,  a lot of of drainage was put in and it looks like Cemetery Road might be being repaved/connected to the feeder road.   And the dirt work wraps around Jones Cemetery and all the way back to FM 762  and up to Rabbs Bayou on the north side.    

Does anybody have any idea what is being developed?  Is the HEB center expanding?     The amount of dirt being moved is almost as big as the Brazos Town Center footprints.    

Maybe this?

I was kind of confused by the information initially but since I don't live there and don't get there as much as I'd like I can't verify in person.

A quote from that thread made me think of this area...

"Circle Oak: It’s the old George Foundation property, both sides of SW Frwy. I believe the first multi family property in the development is going in just north of the 762/2977 (Minonite) T-intersection. At least that’s what I’ve been told. :) this entire property will become a large mixed use development long-term."

Edit: Information from the developer of the property...

https://www.johnsondevelopment.com/richmond-tx/commercial_circle_oak

CircleOakOverallLandPlan.png

Edited by ChannelTwoNews
link

That's the property - sorry for the confusing location description.  Thanks for the link to other thread.

No signs or anything - but  a lot of activity. Definitely more than for some 3-story apartments.  You can see the outline of the road locations on the South parcel from FM 762 to the interstate.

The large "water feature" in the north parcel is interesting.   Rabbs Bayou is either a raging torrent or trickle - depending on previous weeks precipitation.   Guess some kind of control structure will be built to maintain the level appearing in the plan above.

And the Manford Blvd note is indeed strange.    Conceivably -  where Manford makes a hard 90-degree turn and dead ends in to Sovereign Circle - it could keep going straight and stop at the Southwest Freeway - then pick up across the freeway in the north parcel.  That is approximately where the northern most road is showing in the office parcel.

Looks like they are just building around the cemetery - but it appears to have road access still.

• The title was changed to Developments At Southwest Freeway And FM 762?