DFW Top For Relocation Market

slfunk

Dallas-Fort Worth a top expansion, relocation market, survey says

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

"Dallas-Fort Worth is in the top five of a list of the hottest cities for relocating companies, according to a magazine ranking released Wednesday. "

"Expansion Management magazine's "America's 50 Hottest Cities" list gives results from a survey of 80 of the industry's most prominent site location consultants to find out which cities their clients find most attractive when seeking an expansion or relocation site..."

"The Dallas-Fort Worth area rose five spots from the last ranking to No. 4, behind Nashville, Phoenix and Atlanta. San Antonio rounded out the top five, up from the No. 11 slot last year...The consultants were asked to list their top cities based on such criteria as economic development officials, business climate, incentive programs, operating costs and others. ..."

"Other Texas cities on the list were Austin (18) and Houston (19). "

Web site: www.expansionmanagement.com

These rankings come and go, and are subject to the choice of determinant variables. Although all four major Texas cities in the top 20 does say something.

The pairing is interesting - Dallas and San Antonio similarly strong and Houston and Austin similarly less strong. Many comparisons have been made between Dallas and Houston and Dallas and Austin, but not often San Antonio and Dallas.

Dallas vs. San Antonio economic development competition seems to be somewhat new, and San Antonio has proven to be a very strong competitor recently!

Competition within Texas will continue to be interesting

Dallas and Fort Worth merged again?

I know this is hard to believe, but the people they polled for that probably aren't idiots. They probably don't believe there are fences up at the border of Dallas to keep the suburban population from commuting into Dallas to work or vice versa. In fact, I doubt they believe any city operates in a vacuum like that. If you took away the metro population from Houston for such a comparison against the rest of the US it'd drop to about 20th in the US in population, and its excellent results on the chart would drop about as much. Cities like Atlanta would be misrepresented by an even greater amount. That's a crazy thing to do though given the purpose of the poll, so you don't see it. I know it'd be nice to see because Houston would fare better than most, but we live in the real world. A world (for instance) where when you're going to downtown Dallas you drive through Fort Worth and Irving on the way from the airport.

Jason

You don't really drive through Fort Worth from D-FW to get to DT Dallas unless your cab driver is a crook.

But I know what you mean. :D

Are you sure? I thought Fort Worth owned the land at the south entrance to DFW? Perhaps it doesn't go quite that far east as all the maps I've seen are too low of resolution to tell.

Jason

These rankings come and go, and are subject to the choice of determinant variables. Although all four major Texas cities in the top 20 does say something.

The pairing is interesting - Dallas and San Antonio similarly strong and Houston and Austin similarly less strong. Many comparisons have been made between Dallas and Houston and Dallas and Austin, but not often San Antonio and Dallas.

Dallas vs. San Antonio economic development competition seems to be somewhat new, and San Antonio has proven to be a very strong competitor recently!

Competition within Texas will continue to be interesting

TxDave, do your homework...

Fort Worth is #19 on the top 20 big cities. You meant, all 5 major TX cities in the top 20 right??? :P

Are you sure? I thought Fort Worth owned the land at the south entrance to DFW? Perhaps it doesn't go quite that far east as all the maps I've seen are too low of resolution to tell.

Jason

Actually, you do drive through FW when you're leaving the South end of DFW. FW city limits do extend out there... All that land around American Airlines' HQ - Centerport - and the south end of DFW are 'in' FW.

This map will show what they mean...

TX-DallasFortWorth.gif

Why do people keep calling DFW Airport, "the airport in Dallas" when clearly its closer to Fort Worth??? ;)

I'm not trying to be perverted or anything,but dosent DFW freeway system on Map look like a huge dick and Balls?Dallas being the balls and Ft. Worth being the Head and everything in between is the shaft?

I-30 is the Urinary Tract........Ok I went to far.Just a weird observation.Sorry If I offended anybody.

I'm not trying to be perverted or anything,but dosent DFW freeway system on Map look like a huge dick and Balls?Dallas being the balls and Ft. Worth being the Head and everything in between is the shaft?

I-30 is the Urinary Tract........Ok I went to far.Just a weird observation.Sorry If I offended anybody.

:lol::lol::lol: (Falling out of my chair).

TxDave, do your homework...

Fort Worth is #19 on the top 20 big cities. You meant, all 5 major TX cities in the top 20 right??? :P

Good observation, but I was referring to the rankings mentioned in the original post where Dallas and Fort Worth were combined (no homework necessary!).

I only wanted to note that the 4 major urban areas in Texas (DFW, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio) made this top 20 list.

Also, the phallic representation of DFW freeways is both interesting and a little disturbing! :)

Archived