Realtor Gone Insane With Camera

Ross

I think it's only fair that everyone else suffer the same horrific eye pain I felt when I looked at these phots on an har.com listing on TC Jester https://www.har.com/homedetail/902-t-c-jester-blvd-houston-tx-77008/8090105

I can't tell if it's HDR abuse, photoshop abuse, or a combination of the two. The sellers certainly like blue

One example 

img-7.jpeg?ts=2022-10-06T11:32:53.617

Here's another one

img-6.jpeg?ts=2022-10-06T11:32:53.010

I am actually glad to see someone use a color on a house instead of mindlessly falling into line with the white and black modern victorian farmhouse craze/"aesthetic".  And most realtors take the same kind of photos as this guy did.  It is pretty much industry standard for HAR listings.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, s3mh said:

I am actually glad to see someone use a color on a house instead of mindlessly falling into line with the white and black modern victorian farmhouse craze/"aesthetic".  And most realtors take the same kind of photos as this guy did.  It is pretty much industry standard for HAR listings.  

I'll take black and white over the beige/greyish tan/latte/unbleached silk/Tuscan/buff/desert sand/ecru/khaki/French beige/light French beige/mode beige monotony that is most American homes these days.

I was so glad to move back to Houston and see houses with color, blacks, and whites, and people who actually put art on their walls, instead of leaving an entire house full of blank beige walls because they believe some internet rumor that decorating one's home with anything other than driftwood signs from Pier One Imports reminding themselves to be thankful will crater their home's resale value.

Wow.  That was one heck of an old man rant.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 1/30/2023 at 9:58 AM, s3mh said:

The house actually looks better in person than in the pictures, at least for the exterior. The siding isn't as shiny or glaring when you see it from the street, and the orange and yellow from the light isn't visible at all. Unfortunately, it's not a great location, being the NE corner of 11th and TC Jester, with the garage on 11th.