Maybe I was trippin. Either pennzoil place has a light show on their building at night now, or it was just lights from party on the plaza. I saw it coming in from 45 n last night. It looked cool, and then right by the bagby exit u see the big blue lights comin from under the freeway for the bayouwalk.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

That certainly takes me back, almost as much as The Thief Who Came To Dinner.  My guess on date is 1980ish, though, since what is now Chase is about halfway framed.

You can also catch a glimpse of First City Tower being built in the opening shot. It could be VERY late 1979, or early 1980. 

Edit: Look how shiny and new 1100 Louisiana Looks. I probably paused the video and stared at the opening shot for 3 minutes.

You can also see that shorter black glass box building next to 801 main being constructed. And a mid-rise on the BotSW Tower lot.

Edited by Montrose1100

The mid-rise on the BotSW Tower lot was the Southwest Tower that was demolished soon after this to make way for the proposed high-rise.  Construction hasn't yet started on Bank of America.

I know the angle isn't quite right, but Fullbright Tower isn't visible in this shot.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2014/04/09/cheniere-energy-doubles-downtown-office-space.html

Houston-based Cheniere Energy Inc. (NYSE: LNG) is roughly doubling its downtown office space in the Pennzoil Place towers at 711 Louisiana St. to deal with its rapid growth. 

Cheniere, which is leading the nation in plans to export liquefied natural gas overseas, is expanding and relocating to eight floors from four-and-a-half floors now and will occupy 167,446 square feet. Cheniere will move higher in the building and plans to make the move during August and September, said Katie Pipkin, Cheniere’s senior vice president for business development and communications.

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

No idea but from the way you're angles in the reflection of the glass it looks like you're rocking parachute pants and I sincerely hope you are on a mission to breathe new life into an underrated fad

I wouldn't call it a mission. I'll never understand our office dress code.

• Like 2