The Chaucer: Condominium High-Rise At 2360 Rice Blvd.

hindesky

• The title was changed to 3-Story Mixed-Use Developmet At 2360 Rice Blvd.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Mixed-Use Development At 2360 Rice Blvd.
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to The Chaucer: Condominiums At 2360 Rice Blvd.
On 12/24/2023 at 3:18 PM, houstontexasjack said:

I’d think this would have to be scaled up from the previous rendering @pacojones showed us in order to accommodate 29 residences. 

Agreed.  The prior details said it was about 9000 sqft. per full floor, so I'm guessing this would be around 10 stories.  Just a guess obviously.  

3 hours ago, J Money said:

Looks like it’s another Randall Davis joint. Comparable lot size and unit count as the London House, I would expect a similar scale development here. Definitely won’t be the Michael Hsu render from before. 

The Oxberry guys previously did The Mond at the Museums (neé The Mondrian).

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't this seem like an odd place for a mid-rise condo bldg? I know there are several high-rises right behind it on Morningside and Kelvin, but nothing directly on Rice.

I'm not beating the Ashby Hi-Rise drum (really, I'm not), but getting in & out will be fun. Rice is always backed up there. There's not a lot of units, it won't add anything to existing traffic, but residents will have to contend with a congested street in front of them.

2 hours ago, astrohip said:

. . . getting in & out will be fun. 

Having dined at Hungry's next to this site and attended Bach Society events at Christ the King Lutheran Church across Rice Blvd. I can attest getting out of the parking lot onto the street can be a challenge at times. Turning left onto Rice? Forget it. Turn right and make the block. 😬

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, hindesky said:

I posted the TDLR stating Michael Hsu and Paco Jones also shows that Michael Hsu is the architect.

That looked like it was for the Oxberry mixed-use. That three-story structure would be quite small for 29 condo units.

Yeah something must have changed because there are two things going up at 2360 Rice, the original Michael Hsu designed TDLR I posted and the Chaucer. Maybe Randall Davis bought this property for his condos?

• Like 1

The sign is up signaling a boutique condo building in Rice Village but the details on The Chaucer are “shrouded in anticipation” per materials from Randall Davis Co.

Early details currently circulating in architectural circles – and in response to inquiries — indicate a 12-story buildout of 29 units. That’s likely four per floor with fewer, larger units on the penthouse level. Views all around.

https://realtynewsreport.com/poetic-living-tower-to-be-erected/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CREguy13 said:

Woah! Praying this doesn't get value engineered much, this would be quite the catalyst for Rice Village going more vertical.

I saw a 2.5 acre plot to the west just went for sale (being marketed as Rice BLVD shopping center by JLL). That also needs to go vertical, methinks.

rdchaucerhero5krgb.jpg

rdchaucerstreetlevel5k.jpg

Randall Davis Co. unveils plans for Rice Village condo tower - Houston Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

“This is an area that is really underserved for condo living,” said Davis, founder and CEO of the Randall Davis Co. “There’s currently no opportunity for people to buy a lock-and-leave home. A lot of people in the Rice Village area, especially empty nesters or those wanting to downsize from a large house, want to stay in their wonderful neighborhood. So, that’s what this project hopes to do: give them an option that doesn’t currently exist.”

He also threatens teases another project in the works...

"That said, Davis is in the process of lining up yet another condo project, but he isn’t ready to share details about it yet.

“Call me in six or seven weeks,” he said."

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to The Chaucer: Condominium High-Rise At 2360 Rice Blvd.