I was an election worker today (Alternate Judge)

MikeRichardson

I,, too, have been an election worker a couple of of times.
Things went smoothly until some Republican yahoo voted in the Democratic primary,
"Guess what?! I just voted for Obama, and I'm not even a Democrat!" 
I asked the election judge if the voter should be prosecuted, and she said that although he technically had broken the law, we'd overlook it for now.

18 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

Things went smoothly until some Republican yahoo voted in the Democratic primary,
I asked the election judge if the voter should be prosecuted, and she said that although he technically had broken the law, we'd overlook it for now.

Wasn't it the election workers' job to make sure he/she was given the correct ballot?

19 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

Was this in a runoff election? In Texas you can vote in either party's primary, but in the event of a primary runoff you can only vote for candidates in the party whose primary you previously voted in.

On 11/16/2022 at 1:28 PM, Houston19514 said:

Wasn't it the election workers' job to make sure he/she was given the correct ballot?

Yes and no. We can direct voters to the contests they attest to, but if it's a matter of the voter actually declaring that he had just voted in the run-offs for a party with which he wasn't affiliated that it became a case of the voter misstating his intentions.